Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

Ahhh got our first show coming up this Friday, and yes I'm a showing novice.. I have had this boy signed over to me snd I thought neuter would be a good way for me to learn more as well as get some hands on expierence in the showring I'm highly nervous but oh so excited.. We have worked so hard

Good luck :(

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well sadly due to the Victorian procrastination Clarelly Wilhelmina as crossed bridge 42 points short of her title. Would have done it this and next weekend.

But not to be. Wil faded rapidly in the last 2 weeks.

So now onwards with the fight to get Vic on the program.

Well sadly due to the Victorian procrastination Clarelly Wilhelmina as crossed bridge 42 points short of her title. Would have done it this and next weekend.

But not to be. Wil faded rapidly in the last 2 weeks.

So now onwards with the fight to get Vic on the program.

So sorry to read this about the beautiful Wil. She loved just being out and about. My heart is with you all :) . RIP Wil.

Well LOL we had a fantastic neuter turn out at the Kilcoy show today but still had a fabulous time...

Banjo showed really well for me :laugh: and we got Neuter of Breed and Group .. He held his stacks and was just a really good boy and I was pleased wth our efforts and we learnt so much and really excited to go do it all again. :laugh:

Video is coming lol

ETA and When I say fantastic turn out lol there was more than one dog all up lol... oh and sad thing is QLD dont award points yet :D bummer dude...

Edited by smisch

This is so WRONG.

Imagine the furore if a club decided that although they had offered X number of ordinary classes, one of those classes would not be eligible for challenge points. It can not be done, if points are available for a class and the judge decides the exhibits are worthy of the certificate the points must be awarded.

The Neuter Class is no different, if the "Class" is offered the the points must be awarded as per ANKC Regulation 7.8 Neuter Championship Points System (Added 10/09, 8.9) Points shall be allotted for exhibits six (6) months of age and over exhibited in a Neuter Class as follows:....

Nowhere does it say allocation of points are optional.

I am not blaming the club here, If the CCC(Q) approved the class to be offered the they must also offer the championship points. If they do not wish to offer the title then they must not allow the class to be offered.

If it was me I would be on the phone demanding that the certificates with the correct points were mailed to me immediately.

Well LOL we had a fantastic neuter turn out at the Kilcoy show today but still had a fabulous time...

Banjo showed really well for me :laugh: and we got Neuter of Breed and Group .. He held his stacks and was just a really good boy and I was pleased wth our efforts and we learnt so much and really excited to go do it all again. :laugh:

Video is coming lol

ETA and When I say fantastic turn out lol there was more than one dog all up lol... oh and sad thing is QLD dont award points yet :D bummer dude...

I showed in neuter for the first time this weekend, and had a great time! It was lovely to be able to get my girl out in the ring. Funnily enough, the things I was worried about .... that she was always not so good at and I thought would be even worse given how long it has been .... not sitting down and standing still to be examined .... well she was really very good indeed :p . However ...... I'd forgotten the other bit about showing her ..... her tendancy to bark at the bait! *Groan*. It was like "oh yeah, that's right, I'd forgotten that"! :)

However, all up it was a lot of fun, and I was happy to be showing off one of my first borns again :laugh: .

There was a full line up on Saturday and Sunday for neuter in show, and only the toy missing on Friday. So that was lovely to see. Wow, it sure is a long wait for neuter in show though isn't it!!! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of weekends ago I had my first experience with class 18 and 18a. I judged the NSW sheltie speciality and the dogs entered were of good quality (even if past their best). I had no hesitation in awarding them NCH points.

I hope more clubs pick up their game. I dont have any neuturs but this is about everyone having the opportunity to have a go.

Hopefully this works...... http://www.ozentries.com.au/schedule/0911egb.pdf

Should have been clearer sorry :hug: The entries are up on Ozentries now :p

We will definately be heading down there, the classes are getting closer to KCC :p

Not at all TO, and thank you for the link. I have PMd you :o

Yes, very exciting how close this show with neuter classes is to KCC. You never know, one day there may be one there :)

Well done to edgesmum who Neuter titled her girl at Pt. Pirie.

I had actually met her at the Canberra Royal. But it was not till Monday when we were chatting about neuters in show and this thread that we twigged. :D :D :rofl:

BBJ and I are on to next campaign with Ruby Rose the girl in my Avatar. Just have to get her desexed and in show condition. :(

At least the pressure is not on as she is only 8. Due to her age its not worth trying for her other points and besides its too hard with a whole colour.

Well done to edgesmum who Neuter titled her girl at Pt. Pirie.

I had actually met her at the Canberra Royal. But it was not till Monday when we were chatting about neuters in show and this thread that we twigged. :):cheer::)

BBJ and I are on to next campaign with Ruby Rose the girl in my Avatar. Just have to get her desexed and in show condition. :)

At least the pressure is not on as she is only 8. Due to her age its not worth trying for her other points and besides its too hard with a whole colour.

Thanks Bilbo Baggins! :laugh:

YAY she did it! :cheer: and, I believe she is the first Pomeranian in Australia to have both her Australian Champion Title and her Neuter Champion Title!!! :):) That little girl was just born to show! :cheer: and I love her to bits!!! :rofl::eek: :D

East Gippsland/Bairnsdale shows are offering Neuter class :thumbsup:

Plus they are on Ozentries again :)

tollersowned, when are these shows please? This is very exciting news, much closer. :thumbsup:

1st weekend in September. I've already booked my accommodation for this year. ;)

Very excited... our little weimaraner breed club (not yet affiliated) has offered and been accepted to sponsor a Neuter Class for the Gundog Club of WA show in August. it's not the first show to offer the Neuter class, but it is one of a few clubs that has offered the class in WA this year. We are hoping for at least 3 Neuter Weimaraners from our club to come along and see what it's all about and have ensured that all the paperwork for them has been done so that they can enter. I have a neuter boy English, but his coat is awful so not really worth entering him, but it'll be great to see some weis in there.

Very excited... our little weimaraner breed club (not yet affiliated) has offered and been accepted to sponsor a Neuter Class for the Gundog Club of WA show in August. it's not the first show to offer the Neuter class, but it is one of a few clubs that has offered the class in WA this year. We are hoping for at least 3 Neuter Weimaraners from our club to come along and see what it's all about and have ensured that all the paperwork for them has been done so that they can enter. I have a neuter boy English, but his coat is awful so not really worth entering him, but it'll be great to see some weis in there.

Hills Kennel Club have Neuter Classes at their Champ show coming up as well :thumbsup: Am hoping to enter Varda - just need to work on her coat some more (hate Lappy coat when they are desexed after they have their full adult coat :thumbsup: )

Hills Kennel Club have Neuter Classes at their Champ show coming up as well :thumbsup: Am hoping to enter Varda - just need to work on her coat some more (hate Lappy coat when they are desexed after they have their full adult coat :) )

That will make 3 Finnish Lapphund neuters showing! Not bad for a rare breed! :thumbsup:

That will make 3 Finnish Lapphund neuters showing! Not bad for a rare breed! :thumbsup:

But not in the same State :) Which means 6 point CCs so 17 shows... which at WA's rate of 2-3 shows offering Neuter classes each year means she is unlikely to get her title prior to being retired ;) Although if we start getting good numbers maybe that will increase :thumbsup:

Edited by mirawee