Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today at Gundagai, Dyzney (at almost 9 years of age) gained her final points towards her Neuter Champion Title and will now be known as –

CH. and N.CH Eramoo Dazzling Dion CD ADX JD SPD HT PT HSAs ET

And just to make it all the more special… as I am on whelping assistance call with a friend (whose bitch was looking like she might go early) I was not comfortable leaving last night. So at the last minute my husband said he would take Dyzney up to Gundagai, to show, all by himself.

He has only once handled a dog in the ring as an emergency thing for someone else and is not comfortable with showing at all, so for him to agree to do this for me brought a tear to my eye. He is just the sweetest man and would do anything for me. He knew how much this title meant to me, so bless his cotton socks.

After a quick crash handling course, ironing of some cute duds, he left home late last night and will be home later tonight.

Thank you Mr. Dyzney

Yay, congrats on the title Dyzney!! :champagne:

Well done to Mr Dyzney too :thumbsup:

Yes, Naracoorte gets my Neuter entry along with 5 other dogs for 3 shows :) - they win over the shows here because of the Neuter class.

:thumbsup: I love the Naracoorte shows, they have such a lovely feel to them. I am looking forward to this year! A bunch of us are camping.

I do too - went for the first time last year and camped - had a great time, nice relaxed and enjoyable & I get to take my beautiful old girl out for a whirl. She gets so excited when she is bathed, groomed up etc etc - she gets to feel extra special again. Looking forward to it :).

Naracoorte Cancelled under heat policy :(. Sunday may go ahead but not worth going for one show.

The first show with neuter classes was held this weekend in WA :) I was very happy with my Finnish Lapphund who managed to win Neuter in Group :) The Neuter in Show winner was a stunning Chinese Crested :thumbsup:

But can you more experienced neuter exhibitors please help with ideas of how to encourage clubs to hold the classes? At the show there was a total of 18 neuters over the groups. Many people can't be bothered keeping their neuters in show coat as at the moment we have a whole 4 all-breed shows a year where we are guaranteed to get neuter classes.

I had a great conversation with someone on the weekend as his club has chosen to run neuter sweepstakes at their next championship show, rather than neuter classes for CC. When I asked if they would consider doing "proper" neuter classes at the next show I got a whole speel about if there weren't 5-6 entered at this upcoming show (which is unlikely :( ) then they wouldn't as it isn't financially viable as they have to buy a rosette (isn't there one for the sweepstakes?), pay for the CC cards and pay a levy (isn't that on a per dog basis and covered in the entry fee?). I even said we would make sure the class was sponsored and I still got told it wouldn't be financially viable :eek: This is a club who has a very good income base from weekly show and obedience training and runs 2 age groups for veterans at every show which get rosettes and prizes even though last year there was only a couple of entries :( So I would have thought they would be more supportive.

We keep getting the whole "it isn't financially viable" with the numbers being shown currently but it is hard to encourage non-show people to have a go when they don't get very many opportunities for their membership fees. Oh, and the numbers ARE growing with each show as more people find out about the neuter championship title.

Please note, sponsorship is being offered to the clubs...

Do we just keep harrassing them until they give in? :rofl:

Edited by mirawee

Thanks Graham, I was nice :D Although I did consider asking how it isn't "financially viable" if there is no expense to the Club when it is covered by sponsorship... But thought that if he couldn't figure out the maths trying to reason with him at 1am in the morning was probably not going to work :p

mirewee. I did the maths for Newbrough and I think it equated to over $600. Think I posted it back then. Or maybe in the Newborough thread.

This was based on 34 neutered dogs plus the extra ones that I know went because of neutered class. eg me with 2 extra. Gayle K with 2. Bisart dobes with 5.

Cannot recall the cost but lets say $10 then thers $100 in 3 people.

Of cousre the cost is covered, thats what sets the entry price.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if they just admitted they didn't believe neuters should show rather than trying to make up reasons that don't stand up to analysis :laugh: As I said to one guy - you wouldn't know my Lappy is neutered when judging her unless you looked at the tattoo in her ear :rofl:

Most of the Victorian exhibitors show multiple dogs, not just a neuter. If we have a choice between a NSW border area show where Neuter classes are regularly offered and a local show, we travel for the Neuter class so the club gets several entries from us.

So far we have had very positive comments from judges about our neutered dogs, even had one International judge who had trouble understanding why he could not award our old girl BOB! Sometimes it would be a good idea if the clubs had explained to the international judges about our Neuter class prior to judging.

Good to see that Geelong has class 18 in the schedule for the May show.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if they just admitted they didn't believe neuters should show rather than trying to make up reasons that don't stand up to analysis :laugh: As I said to one guy - you wouldn't know my Lappy is neutered when judging her unless you looked at the tattoo in her ear :rofl:

The Judge on Sunday said you would not know she was Neutered, at least you can tell with the boys. ;) ;) ;)

One of the senior stewards was heard to say he does not believe in showing them. So we get know where with them :mad :mad :mad

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I haven't posted in here for a while, but I am pleased to announce that my 5 year old golden, Buffalo Rustic Phoenix, "Phoenix" obtained his final points on the weekend for his Neuter Title! :cheer::champagne: I absolutely love this boy, I had him neutered when he was almost 2 years old as I didn't think I would want to show him due to work commitments and the fact I am not very good at grooming. Well things change and I am now regretting having him neutered.