Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

Today at Warragul Show after waiting for well over two hours for the Neuter In Show Class the club decided to say that they weren't running the In Show Class !!!!!!

In the end and after about a 10 minute 'conversation' between the officials the class was run and won. But they didn't have a sash for the winner and it was as if they couldn't give a - - - - !

Now, no fuss to me but after my girl Rhemy winning NBOB and NBIG I assume that the NIS class would be run - who wouldn't - and the VCA rules are that once you have won anything in group you have to stay or you lose your points.

And then I got treated like dirt when I went into collect my challenge certificates because it was so late. All I said was that the class had just finished and as my dog won in group you wouldn't have given it to me anyway - only to be told we don't do in group or in show cards!

All I have to say is that if the clubs are not interested DON'T offer the class, you got my other entries because you offered the neuter class - don't abuse it.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's horrible Bisart, I would be fuming!

I was at the same show and thought they did great, but I didn't win anything so didn't have too stick around. Our judge called out for applause for the neuters as there was quite a large line up which I thought was nice.

Would have thought they would like having the extra entries that the neuter class gave to the club, as I wouldn't have entered if not for the neuter class due to having coated breeds looking pretty naked at the moment! :laugh:

Some of the clubs and officials need to accept the ANKC changes about showing Neuters. There are no class in Group and Show cards available for the clubs to purchase, that is why they are not offered. Cranbourne Dog Club just changed an Open in Grp card for our boy when he won Neuter in Grp, doesn't worry us when a nice sash is won. We would have been very disappointed obout no in show award, I hope the VCA rep was informed.

We find it insulting to our dogs when treated like second class entries, same entry fee is paid so they should be judges as such. One show did all the General Specials, stopped and took photos with the judge, then decided to judge Neuter in Show, after nearly everyone had gone and did not want a Neuter in show photo, even after taking photos af all other classes.

That's horrible Bisart, I would be fuming!

I was at the same show and thought they did great, but I didn't win anything so didn't have too stick around. Our judge called out for applause for the neuters as there was quite a large line up which I thought was nice.

Would have thought they would like having the extra entries that the neuter class gave to the club, as I wouldn't have entered if not for the neuter class due to having coated breeds looking pretty naked at the moment! :laugh:

Glad your group had a good total of neuters, there was only one in group 7. The neuter class needs not only exhibitors to get on board but also clubs to recognise the neuters and reward accordingly. Many years ago at the Caulfield Expo show our boy got NIG and the judge felt so bad at there not being a sash that she gave us a first place ribbon to make us feel better :laugh:

Glad your group had a good total of neuters, there was only one in group 7. The neuter class needs not only exhibitors to get on board but also clubs to recognise the neuters and reward accordingly. Many years ago at the Caulfield Expo show our boy got NIG and the judge felt so bad at there not being a sash that she gave us a first place ribbon to make us feel better :laugh:

I think we had 7 or 8 in our lineup, and someone else mentioned at the show that 4 of the rarest breeds in the Gundog group were in neuter. What a pity that group 7 only had one entry :(

I do believe that exhibitors are getting on board with the class, the last few shows I've been too the neuters have had quite a few entries and more dogs in the group line-up than some other classes!

If clubs are going to offer this class then they should do it properly, I paid the same amount for the judges time as every other entry and I don't like feeling like we inconvenience them

Well I believe we need to put our money where our mouth is and get some donations happening.

I plan to get a cost analysis together for the 3 Gippsland shows and Cranbourne as part of my arguement for presenting the Noorat Shows for next year.

Donation will $50

which is for

$20 for 2 sashes.

$20 for in show prize

$10 for In group prize.

So we need 7 donations for each show x 5 shows.

Please discuss this in my new thread.

Is it just me or does it feel insanely stupid that not only do we have to beg clubs to hold the class even though they are being well supported when offered but then we also have to pay for the ribbons and certificates we win?

I don't mind donating for an odd show here or there but telling a club it's OK we will foot the bill, even though most of us would be entering more than one dog anyway so pay for our ribbons that way.

Hope you get some donations BB, sorry I can't afford too at the moment :(

l have suggested a neuter class to my kennel club, we are a country club and l think it will help boost numbers but they don't seem to think they will get the entries to justify the cost. If they got the class sponsored for the first year then they could make an informed decision whether to offer it again pending the entries that came along with the neuters. Some of the smaller clubs are tight on money and commitee members and just don't have the time to look into it.

l have suggested a neuter class to my kennel club, we are a country club and l think it will help boost numbers but they don't seem to think they will get the entries to justify the cost. If they got the class sponsored for the first year then they could make an informed decision whether to offer it again pending the entries that came along with the neuters. Some of the smaller clubs are tight on money and commitee members and just don't have the time to look into it.

Once I have done my analysis you are quite welcome to have it.:) :)

If you charge $10 entry fee you have to pay $2.50 to the VCA for the dog surcharge and, I think, $3.50 on sash and prize (35% of entry must be spent on such), 40 cents for a challenge cert or BOB. So a total of $6.40 leaving a profit of $3.60. The sash and trophy of course is only for the Group and In Show winner. So for 7 Group Winners and 1 In Show Winner you need to spend $27.50 in sash/prizes. The profit is bigger on those that don't make it through to Group or In Show. They just get their card and maybe a first place ribbon which costs 30 cents to buy. So for them it's $2.50 VCA levy, 40 cents for the card and 30 cents for a place ribbon = $3.20 leaving a profit of $ $6.80. If you really want to nit pick you could then break down the judges costs etc but you would still make a profit per dog per show. After all no club can afford to make a loss, they have to make money to keep going.

I've got sashes here from my clubs last shows where, in Grp 4, 2 age classes weren't represented. There is In Show sash that is still kicking around. Lost money there but no one is suggesting those classes be dropped. This year the trend has turned to not putting Grps on the sashes unless you pay extra so those sashes can be kept and used the following year, Neuter sashes will be no different. Cards can be used the next year if not used this time around.

Neuters more then pay for themselves.

My club did have sponsors for our first neuter shows last year but we were the very first all breeds club to offer the class and no one had done the figures etc. This year I have knocked back sponsorship, but not entries of people who know they are not coming but still want to support the club :D

Neuters more then pay for themselves.

Today at Warragul Show after waiting for well over two hours for the Neuter In Show Class the club decided to say that they weren't running the In Show Class !!!!!!

In the end and after about a 10 minute 'conversation' between the officials the class was run and won. But they didn't have a sash for the winner and it was as if they couldn't give a - - - - !

Now, no fuss to me but after my girl Rhemy winning NBOB and NBIG I assume that the NIS class would be run - who wouldn't - and the VCA rules are that once you have won anything in group you have to stay or you lose your points.

And then I got treated like dirt when I went into collect my challenge certificates because it was so late. All I said was that the class had just finished and as my dog won in group you wouldn't have given it to me anyway - only to be told we don't do in group or in show cards!

All I have to say is that if the clubs are not interested DON'T offer the class, you got my other entries because you offered the neuter class - don't abuse it.

I was there too and I was thoroughly disappointed that they weren't going to run it. I mean why make us hang around for 2 hrs when most of us have a long drive home at the end of a long day if you aren't going to run the class. Very disappointing, but in the end I am after all just glad they ran the class!

Can you PM me which club (or put it on here if you like) - I am happy to sponsor NIS Sash (Open) (incase they offer both N Classes).

Didn't like the panel of judges in Melb... and wanted Neuter class... so travelling to Mt Gambier for the long weekend. Could have gone to shows 30 mins and 50mins from but would prefer to support the neuter class.

BTW... We have spare room in our dog friendly cottage in mt gam for fri sat sun nites. if anyone one is interested then pm me for details. conditions would be to split the cost 3 ways and non smoker. also must b able to deal with std poodles :-)