Alaskan Malamute ~ Needs Help

HollyE

Oh goodness me - i only just saw this. I am so glad that he got the retirement he deserves. If only there was a way to prevent the previous owners from ever having a pet again.

The photo of him with your little girl brought a tear to my eye Tigerlily he looks so happy and at home. He really must have just know as soon as he got to your place that he was safe. I couldnt bare to think of the alternative ending to this story. A million thank yous to all involved. :laugh::o :o

And indeed to those rescue angels that week after week do the hard yards and go the extra mile to ensure that others like Wolf get the chance at life they deserve. I know i only go into the rescue threads when i have some spare cash or a spare foster space in the house because i can not bare it. There are those who are always there for these guys - you know who you are - and you have my eternal gratitude.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wonderful good news story, he does look very happy & so does your daughter. Hope they can both be happy when he goes to his forever home. Well done Tigerlily73 for seeing this lovely dog can enjoy the rest of his life.

Whew! What a day! Just got home from handing over Wolf to his new owner. Feeling a little emotional but mainly ecstatic that he has a forever home. His new Mum is very excited about welcoming him into her home. She lost her old dog on New Years Eve and said she wouldn't go looking for another dog, she'd wait for one in need to find her. I think she needs Wolf as much as he needs her and I can see they are going to be blissfully happy together :laugh: I could see he charmed her from the very first moment, just like he did with us. The kids are both very sad to see him go but as I've said to them, every time we send a dog to their forever home, it means we free up space for another dog's life to be saved by coming to stay with us.

Here's a few more photos from this morning just to show what a majestic-looking animal he really is. The last photo captured a moment I will treasure forever...when a dog looks into your eyes and you can actually feel it thanking you for a second chance at life, that is a true reward! Here come those happy tears again!

DSC02398.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

DSC02424.jpg

OMG that last photo says it all! Brought tears to my eyes. You are fantastic - well done.

Fantastic news :) I am so happy :) :D :laugh::rofl: to read this update that this beautiful senior boy has found a wonderful forever home where he will get to live out his remaining time with someone who will love him and show him the respect and dignity he so deserves at his age ;) Gorgeous photo by the way :D

That is just fantastic Tigerlily73, the third pic should be used as a poster for rescue. "The Silent Thanks" from rescue to rescuer.

Marion01

(Sorry double post)

Edited by Marion 01

Could the new owner of wolf join Wildpaws? I joined it some time ago. We now have a 16month old female malamute, which we will NEVER give up. We now have Benji the poodle and still have my son's chihauhua also. tis just like a zoo when people visit here, 2 little dogs barking their heads off and a huge dog which just loves to jump up on them....she is still like a pup, but with more training she wont jump up so much, we can live in hope lol

Cheryl Wildpaws Alaskan Malamute forum