Dr Chris Brown Publicised Buying A Pup From Petshop

tivins

Fridays screening of Ch 10's The Circle showed the Bondi Vet Dr Chris Brown brought in a Mal puppy he BOUGHT from a PETSHOP & irresponsibly neglected to inform viewers of the unique challenges of the breed whatsoever. The amount of rescues in future will mutiply significantly due to this. It's a tragedy already as petshops have been selling them like hotcakes!! Pls take your time n register with Ch 10 to voice out this wrong message that he is trying to bring across!!

http://ten.com.au/the-circle-video.htm?vxS...tcw-020710-seg6

Some of the members of FB group 'Alaskan Malamutes In Need' rang Pets Paradise. They sold 3 puppies from that show. Were told to ring back this afternoon to find out if they were getting more in next week. When asked what sort of dog they are, was told easy to look after, needs a little grooming but are very social with other dogs.

Another one of us spoke to the manager. Was told NO HEALTH CONCERNS. Not much exercise needed...just to walk to stimulate their senses, get on fabulous with other dogs, very gentle dog, great with children. Just need to groom in summer to help them cope. NOTHING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT!

Pls register with CH 10 to have a say in this, not just malamutes but all pups/dogs in general.. :cry::( Below are some of the responses..

http://forums.ten.com.au/forums/thread.jsp...26?

and this is what happen to your cute, cuddly puppy 6-12mths after .. :):(:rofl:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/ph...oid=57412205451

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/ph...id=245699619398

Edited by tivins

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last few replies to the above forum kick butt!!

N so far no reply from the 'vet' whatsoever???? Busy man i suppose..

To whoever u are, and if u are a dol member... A BIG THANK U for the support!

I must say, the answers are terrific. It is too easy for people who are very passionate about things to go off on a rant and in some ways do far more damage in the long run but these replies are intelligent and informative.

Absolutely. Well done, repliers. :(

Yep, I replied on there.

I'm disappointed in him. He of all people should know better!

TY Ker :o

Im sure most of u seen the post on Wolf the alaskan malamute, at 11yrs of age, was surrendered because the owner wants a new pup... :)

but thank god, he is safe n now have a forever home to go to n live his twilight years..

Bolt is due today..:rofl: if u guys have FB, pls post his ad on your page, heres hoping that he can be saved as every second counts..

His link is on my 1st post...THANK U guys, for the ongoing support.. :(

I think it's great so much feedback has been given to Dr Brown, but as someone who studies the Media- hate to say it but he's the figure head for this most likely and not necessarily the person who decided to go with this. I daresay his fault lies in just doing what he was told, but it's the producers who should be copping some serious flack as well.

N so far no reply from the 'vet' whatsoever???? Busy man i suppose..

More like, the people in the programming department at channel 10 who deal with forum feedback are out of the office for the weekend and haven't seen it yet.

They would have a webmaster to deal with complaints about abusive content over the weekend but not one who will actually take your feedback on board. I don't know how they're set up at 10 (I have never worked for any of the free-to-air networks) but if they're set up anything like us, they may not even see the post.

I'm sorry to say but they probably won't inform the 'vet' that people have spoken out against him. If you want a response, email channel 10.

What bigheartfordogz says is true, they may have just got him in for a shoot. That being said, we've had plenty of times when our on-air talent has refused to do things for different reasons (mostly when we're asking them to do something silly) and one would assume that a vet would know better. :(

Now why wouldn't this bloke endorse a pets paradise purchase? It's not like his show is a great endorsement of ethical veterinary practice (neuticles anyone?) and if you buy yourself a sick dog he's gonna be there to take your money don't worry about that!

he didnt buy the dog ... he brought it in as a present to one of the other presenters as a 'test run' - yeah a malamute for a person who looked as enthusiastic as if he had dropped a dog poo in her lap. Poor pup didnt even have a name, and he didnt seem to care either. Did you see how they all lost interest after the poor thing wee'd on the carpet? :(

He's an idiot. Not the first time I've said this.

I too think this is very poor behaviour, especially on the part of a vet. For one thing, vets are supposed to have a special duty to promote animal welfare (it's written in our code of professional conduct - I presume it's the same for Oz vets), and promoting the purchase of pups that may have come from a puppy farm is hardly doing that. For another, buying a pup of any large breed without checking health clearances is something any vet should know better than to promote. And anyone should know better than to buy a dog as a present!

(OT, but what's wrong with neuticles? I agree they're rather silly and are of no benefit to the dog that receives them, but as far as I've heard they don't do any harm. & if they cause a certain type of pet owner to feel happier about desexing, then they're more likely to desex, and that's fine with me since I hate being involved in putting down unwanted animals).

I too think this is very poor behaviour, especially on the part of a vet. For one thing, vets are supposed to have a special duty to promote animal welfare (it's written in our code of professional conduct - I presume it's the same for Oz vets), and promoting the purchase of pups that may have come from a puppy farm is hardly doing that. For another, buying a pup of any large breed without checking health clearances is something any vet should know better than to promote. And anyone should know better than to buy a dog as a present!

(OT, but what's wrong with neuticles? I agree they're rather silly and are of no benefit to the dog that receives them, but as far as I've heard they don't do any harm. & if they cause a certain type of pet owner to feel happier about desexing, then they're more likely to desex, and that's fine with me since I hate being involved in putting down unwanted animals).

True about the neuticles it's more the context in the show where the fact that the dog had balls was more important than the fact that the dog obviously needed some training (desexing was done because the girl that owned him had little control over him), it was just one of the irritating things that stood out for me in that show.