• Depends on the dog
    • Depends on the man
    • Other - explain in comments

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nup, I'd never wear jeans!

Skirt or pants I prefer pants...I look silly in skirts!

And I dont mind some of the bright suits...saw the line up for the working dog group recently and the first 3 breeds were handled by males wearing bright colour suits, one pink, one lime green and one red...now THAT was too much for the eyes!

No jeans ever for me.

Either pants or skirt don't bother me, but I wear pants for the pocket factor.

Bright suits..... depends on the dog I suppose. As long as they're not fluoro colours, I can cope with that. They do stand out nicely against the darker dogs like Dobes and Rotties.

Skirt or pants doesnt bother me and just tonight I was contemplating wearing a skirt in the ring, but would never forgive myself if I went A over T, but never ever would I wear jeans in the ring!

I dont mind coloured suits but not fluro, or maybe just a fluro jacket but no fluro pants!

No jeans... someone tried to convince me to the other week when i rocked up to a show and didnt plan on showing, lucky I had a suit spare in the car :dropjaw:

Skirt or pants are dependent on the weather

I know its double standards, but the guys in bright colours look YUCK - i have seen 1 guy manage to pull off the canary yellow and thats it!

I have worn jeans before, usually very dark blue or black ones if its really cold, always with a nice suit jacket. Sorry, warmth over style when you're looking at Canberra winter weather :rofl:

I wear both pants and skirts, just depends on the weather and my mood.

And bright suits, :rofl:

Hate hate hate them, I have seen some that are so bright they hurt. Big no no from me.

Gahhhh didn't realise the last section was for the gents lol!! I was like 'depends on the man?? WTF?? Some show lingo I'm not up with?' couldn't work out why so few thought bright colours weren't eye catching and now I know why!!! Noooo men should not wear bright colours it IS hideous... Change my vote, change my voooote!

Edited by Bindii

To be honest I don't think wearing jeans is such a bad thing as long as the rest of the outfit looks dressy enough. I'd much rather see someone in a nice pair of jeans and a jacket than an ill fitting suit.

While it wasn't taken in the ring, I used this photo for a full page spread in Ringleader.

charle_ringleader.jpg

I don't think the jeans took away from the shot at all.

Mostly I mix and match my skirts & pants with various shirts and when it's not too hot - jackets.

Same jacket but slightly dressier outfit:

GympieSpecials_0207.jpg

I'm having a bit of a chuckle to myself. I'm one of the "never" for jeans, not even sure why anymore. I just know when I started it was really frowned upon ( dinosaurs roaming the earth era)

The joke is, my jeans generally cost up to 4 times what my supposed "dress slacks" cost. And they fit better.

I've just come home from training and again I wore jeans tonight. So much more comfortable and I didn't spend all night hitching the bloody things up.

I may have to change my mind - and vote.

Tthere are "jeans" and then there are "jeans" .... LOL

I've seen people show in jeans with a smart jacket and they've looked great.

When I first started showing (many years ago..VBG) people were far more casual.

Great thread.

The one and only time I have worn jeans in the ring was when someone was desperate for a handler, and I was only there to watch... I ran in with the dog.

I think jeans look like you just couldn't be bothered dressing up to be honest.

As for bright colors, it depends.... I will often wear a bright colored shirt underneath a black suit, I would never wear a full lime green-in-your-face suit though! lol

And skirts or pants... doesn't matter really, as long as the skirt is knee length and not above.... and you remember that when you bend over, the people behind you might not like what they see.

I put other for skirs or trousers. I think it depends on the person and the breed.

I love looking at old photos of showing when the ladies wore dresses, hats and heels!!!!!!!!!!!! I could just imagine that with one of our guys (Neapolitan)

I voted skirts because I wear them mostly. I do wear pants though on occasion and it really is a personal choice for women. Skirts for guys are a no no :thumbsup:

I think men in fluro suits look stupid. I like to see a man in a nice jacket and maybe a brighter tie. But the whole fluro suit thing makes me think they should be working as a stop go person!

I think that presentation should be business like. Jackets, skirt suits pants suits etc for ladies. I love to dress for a dog show. We have it all down to matching leads, card holders etc.

There is the odd time if both Bianca and I are handling the same breed we will coordinate our suits and wear the same colour.