Stupid Things You Have Done As An Owner....

On the weekend my sister kindly reminded me of something very stupid I did with my dogs a while back.

I decided to get pizza late one night and the dogs managed to squeeze out the door as I was leaving so I decided to take them with me. I hadn't planned on taking them so had no leashes and no seat belt clips in the car.

The trip there was uneventful but when we got home I had to get out and open the garage door and shut the car door behind me to keep the dogs in. My car at the time was an old thing with buttons that pull up and push down and unfortunately both dogs lunged onto my side as soon as I got out and pushed the button down.

So I had to knock on 3 doors before I could get a neighbour to answer my plea to call RACQ for an 'urgent' call out to unlock my car containing 2 dogs, a pizza, my purse, with the headlights on and engine running!

And yes they ate the pizza and the box and managed to turn the wipers on as well. One also did a piddle on the passenger seat. All very embarrassing and I have never made the same mistake again!

And yes they ate the pizza and the box and managed to turn the wipers on as well. One also did a piddle on the passenger seat. All very embarrassing and I have never made the same mistake again!

:(:rofl::)

Sorry to laugh but that is too funny!

I can just picture them eating the pizza with you watching them from outside the car! :hug:

On the weekend my sister kindly reminded me of something very stupid I did with my dogs a while back.

I decided to get pizza late one night and the dogs managed to squeeze out the door as I was leaving so I decided to take them with me. I hadn't planned on taking them so had no leashes and no seat belt clips in the car.

The trip there was uneventful but when we got home I had to get out and open the garage door and shut the car door behind me to keep the dogs in. My car at the time was an old thing with buttons that pull up and push down and unfortunately both dogs lunged onto my side as soon as I got out and pushed the button down.

So I had to knock on 3 doors before I could get a neighbour to answer my plea to call RACQ for an 'urgent' call out to unlock my car containing 2 dogs, a pizza, my purse, with the headlights on and engine running!

Oh oops i am sure the dogs enjoyed the pizza and it is easy enough to do even if the car has cetral locking when the keys are in the igniton. slly dogs :hug:

I sympathise, our boxers did the same thing at a car wash!! we got out, and left everything inside, house keys, phones, handbag etc. Henry stood on the door lock !!! One of us stayed (me) while the other (OH) walked home, had the break into the house through the roof to get the spare keys. How embarrasing!!!!

That is a funny story :hug: If it's any consellation Raf got locked in my car by my mum several years ago. He adores the car and just curled up and went to sleep.

Lucky for me it was 10pm at night. That day it had been 35 degrees, so had it happened earlier I would have been smashing glass to get him out. On the positive side however I did discover if you have a child or animal locked in a car the RAC make you a priority call out :(

:hug:

My dogs locked my brother out of the house, once. The deadlock is at ground level and they only need to lean on it to lock the door so you can't open it even with the key. Stupid design!

I did lock myself out and my dog in one time when I was a student. A strange dog wandered into the front yard and Penny went ballistic. I went out to investigate and she was trying to push through the door. I accidentally closed it on my hand, snatched my hand back, and the door closed and locked. Bugger. Fortunately my housemate was working in the city just a 10 minute walk away. The look on Penny's face when she realised she was in and I was out was hysterical, though. She was very glad to see me when I finally got back in!

My Dad rang me the other day about to explode as he had to put the dogs away in the shed while he went to work and when he got home the dogs had been chasing mice and got into his near new ride on mower and pulled all the electricals out,chewed the front fender off and ate half the seat.

Must have been some mouse.

:hug: How funny! Silly dogs and silly you :(. I think we've all done things like this at some point though lol

My dog once locked himself in the bathroom.. I nearly had a heart attack! I ended up smashing the door knob to get him out only to have my boyfriend come home and tell me I could have just flicked this little switch on the bottom of it.. durrrrr. LOL

I left my 2 inside the house while quickly ducked out to buy milk in my dressing gown. I got home and realised I didn't have a house key. I had taken it off my keys the night before when I took them for a walk so I could pop it in my pocket. The house had a very steep driveway and I ended up having to put a wheely bin under the lounge window and break in through there. Only problem was there was a couch under the window and my 2 got so excited watching me try to get in that they were both on the couch trying to lick me through the window. I ended up falling through the window onto the dogs on the couch but not before my neighbours got a great view of my bum.

In their early unwed days, my now-SIL took our family kelpie x for a walk through town. She needed to run in to a shop for something so tied him to a clothes rack on display on the footpath (obviously not noticing it was a mobile rack). Dog was startled at some point and started to run...then kept running to get away from the noisy monster chasing him! Clothes were everywhere, in bushes, on the road, on cars, the rack hit several cars and it was just luck that the traffic was only moving slowly. After finally catching the dog, SIL spent the day collecting clothes to pay for and waiting nervously for the owners to return to parked cars so she could give her details.

Small town means she will never live that down :)

I once locked Charlie in our bedroom for the day when we went to work :)

We have an ensuite and there was his water bowl in there for him so that was lucky. He normally cannot be trusted on his own in our bedroom, but when I got him, it appeared he had slept - all day - on the bed. Not one thing was out of place. Amazing.