Good Thoughts For Penny Whippet Please

Kirislin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh what a terrible experience, So glad Penny is ok. Give her a big gentle cuddle from us!!

Hope your ok too, it is always such a big ordeal when something like that happens, it gives you such a fright.

Hopefully Penny will be back to normal in a few days, after lots of soft food, cuddles and spoiling.

You had better have a brandy, it might help you have a good nights sleep after that scary episode.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and cuddles to dear Penny from my clan.

Thanks so much for the good wishes for Penny. Her Ladyship hasn't emerged as yet this morning but got lots of cuddles overnight and didn't seem to have any problems breathing. I'll see how she is once she wakes up and tries to eat. She wont be going on any walks until I can put her collar back on though.

I must admit I feel a bit apprehensive about seeing that dog again because I know now it just runs up and after a couple of seconds of tough girl posturing attacks. I'll be on guard if I see it again, I dont think I'll wait to see how it reacts next time. I might just start putting the boot in first.

I've been going to that park for almost 12 years now and this is only the second time we've had a problem. It's usually such a friendly place, the regulars amongst us even go out to dinner, and we all met purely through walking our dogs at the park. The woman who owns that dog wont be getting an invite though. :)

Edited by Kirislin

thanks Trish.

I've been to the council offices and reported it. The lady took notes and said they cant do anything with the scant info I've given but they'll keep it on record and perhaps a pattern might form if there are other reports on this dog.

WTF is it with the attacks , I am so angry :thumbsup:

at how many innocent well behaved dogs get set upon. :D

Sending Penny be well again thoughts , big hugs

and kisses from me and Ryan Whippet .

Wow! well they're taking it seriously, I got a phone call from the ranger and I've just come back from meeting her at the park. She took a statement from me and a photo of Penny. I said to make sure she doesn't get mixed up and put Penny on file as the dangerous dog!

She was a lovely girl and turns out she's really keen on whippets, so I am going to send her the link to a DOLer who's trying to rehome some whippies. We might have another convert. She was thoroughly smitten with Penny and coaxed her into her van and started feeding her liver treats, which Penny enthusiastically accepted.

I told her I am really impressed with the change in attitude of the rangers. I told her how a few years ago I had wandering dogs on my property who would growl and bark at me while I was on my property. When I rang the ranger he said I would have to catch the dogs before they'd come out. She said it's different now because women are doing the job. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kirislin

Wow! well they're taking it seriously, I got a phone call from the ranger and I've just come back from meeting her at the park. She took a statement from me and a photo of Penny. I said to make sure she doesn't get mixed up and put Penny on file as the dangerous dog!

She was a lovely girl and turns out she's really keen on whippets, so I am going to send her the link to a DOLer who's trying to rehome some whippies. We might have another convert.

I told her I am really impressed with the change in attitude of the rangers. I told her how a few years ago I had wandering dogs on my property who would growl and bark at me while I was on my property. When I rang the ranger he said I would have to catch the dogs before they'd come out. She said it's different now because women are doing the job. :D

that's great they are taking it seriously!!

:):thumbsup: