Huge Thank You For Your Support

Pipsal

I just wanted to let DOLERS know that I haven't forgotten you and wanted to keep you updated with the happy ending! :rolleyes:

Got the 4 remaining pups to Brisbane in one piece, slept on the floor in my empty house to keep them with me for as long as possible (12 days!) as the pups gradually found homes....the last one went to a foster carer as I had to head back to the community, but they kept me in the loop and she went to a new home this weekend (thanks a million Peninsula Animal Aid - please support them if you can, or look there for your next pet!).

It was incredibly hard to see them go though, but hopefully they will be happy. Their mum turned up on my front steps again a couple of hours after I got back btw....she's the next project, but we may have persuaded someone else who loves her to take her with him when he leaves in the next month. And we are trying to find out how to organise mobile desexing clinics to come out.

Thank you so much to everyone who responded with advice or encouragement along the way....I can not express how truly grateful I am. This has certainly been an experience I won't forget in a hurry, and I seriously take my hat off to those of you that rescue all the time...its heart-wrenching stuff. Given how isolated I am up here, and with the negativity I encountered in others, this forum was a lifeline and I felt I was not alone. So once again, THANK YOU....you helped me, and you helped the puppies.

Best wishes. :(

Pipsal you are a star! I've been thinking about you and the puppies and wondering how it was all going. You went to great lengths to save those little puppies, you did a wonderful thing. Thankyou! And thankyou to the Peninsula Animal Aid too. If you were able to organise mobile desexing clinics as well that would be fantastic. If anyone can get it done, I think it's YOU!

You did an amazing job....against the odds & up against a lot of negativity. I'm glad you felt supported by DOL'ers, because you & mum & the pups deserved every assistance. Bless you for giving them a future.

I agree with you about Peninsula Animal Aid at Redcliffe. Truly hard-working & genuine people, on behalf of dogs & cats in need.

PAA will be issuing their first calendar, for next year, to raise funds....so, everyone, keep their name on your 'shopping' list when new calendar time comes around.

Great work Pipsal!

One of the two people who rang me about the pups (the other ended up buying a purebred Rottweiler) was from the community in question and said that she wanted a girl to breed with, she did not have a fence because 'that's not the way it's done out here' and she said she'd had 'heaps of pups and only a few have been run over' so I decided not to pass her number on, hope that's okay.

You're a great person and well done for a huge effort :p

Fantastic news Pipsal! I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but Dr Chris Brown (Bondi Vet) was going into remote communities doing vet care (and I assume desexing). Why not get in contact with his clinic or the show as well and see if anything comes of it?

Big hugs to you for what you achieved.