Why Do Some Dogs Prefer To Stay Clean, And Others Like To Be Filthy?

Monah

:laugh: glad I'm not the only one. Monah has only got muddy once! I wouldnt care if SHE did, but Roisin gets like it daily! :rofl::laugh:

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg:rofl: :D

THIS too srsly made me laughmyassoff :rofl:

k, i wanna delete the pix cuz i know it's against the rules to quote with pix --- but srsly, these pix are near priceless :)

unfortunately, i have no pix of my own :laugh:

but it is heartbreaking to watch my 2 swfs stalk my postage stamp backyard in search of a safe place to dig --- they have any number of places to hide their booty but it is hard for them to feel comfortable with me watching so i leave and so on numerous occasions they've presented me with some of their prizes, several days old and covered in dirt...

the best times ever tho are those when they've successfully buried booty without my knowledge and then they present to me with looks of glee and wonderment on their 'what? me!' ecstatic faces that are now smeared in grainy bliss and after some lighthearted interrogation, they happily trot away with their head held high, tongue lolling and flags waving above their cute lil fuzzy butts on stumpy legs, then bedding down to dream of good times to come...

it's one of my favourite things about my two dogs --- it's probably the closest they come to being what they might have been eons ago :laugh:

Classic - you can hardly recognise it's a rottie!!!

Oh, a Rottie ;) :) . I thought it was a horse :rofl::thumbsup:

Horse or Hippo??

;)

:winner: OMG! how much rolling did it take to get that dusty! :cheer::cheers:

I love the spin to bits, but it seems to be a breed trait that they really LOVE mud, she gets like this in our garden(2 acres) andd if we are out and she is offlead, she WILL find any puddle, lagoon, anything! I have to throw her in the pool, thank goodness for the pool, she loves to swim.

Monah is much more civillised and will only get dirty rarely, only if it's hot, and only if the spin looks like she's having too much fun :cheer:

Being houseproud is definatley in the past!!! :laugh:

Love your photos!

My girls like being grubby much more than my boy. With bones they can come in all red over their front legs and heads, like lionesses on a kill... :) Wheras Boris will just have a little spot here and there.

And mud?? My girls can make their own wallows like hippos, while Boris watches from his bed with mild disgust... ;)

Girlsinmud.jpg

yep thats why i will only have clean muzzled dogs from now on

i used to love the beardies and the english sheepies but no more

dont mind fur but the face has to be naturally short and sleek

it is funny how the older you get the narrower your choices become

unfortunately, i have no pix of my own :laugh:

but it is heartbreaking to watch my 2 swfs stalk my postage stamp backyard in search of a safe place to dig --- they have any number of places to hide their booty but it is hard for them to feel comfortable with me watching so i leave and so on numerous occasions they've presented me with some of their prizes, several days old and covered in dirt...

the best times ever tho are those when they've successfully buried booty without my knowledge and then they present to me with looks of glee and wonderment on their 'what? me!' ecstatic faces that are now smeared in grainy bliss and after some lighthearted interrogation, they happily trot away with their head held high, tongue lolling and flags waving above their cute lil fuzzy butts on stumpy legs, then bedding down to dream of good times to come...

it's one of my favourite things about my two dogs --- it's probably the closest they come to being what they might have been eons ago :rofl:

Can see it all perfectly ;) :)

Monah is much more civillised and will only get dirty rarely, only if it's hot, and only if the spin looks like she's having too much fun ;)

OT: How funny. I'd always assumed (wrong I know :thumbsup: ) that YOUR name was Monah.

:laugh::rofl: Great pics!!!

Lottie LLLOOOVVEESSS getting dirty - this was the result of a swim the other day......

Damlot.jpg

She thought she was so clever as well..... I then had to find a CLEAN pond for her to swim in :rofl: :p

These are the dogs on the same day after being out in the wet.

4409791535_672b3e03e4.jpg

4409790253_a44fee3300.jpg

Echo is probably dirty as well just harder to see. She would have also contributed to Bobby getting filthy.

And other time as well.

DSCN0965.jpg

Edited by Evolving

:p :p :cry:

I'm feeling a LOT better now. All these revolting dogs! It's not just mine! :laugh::mad

Alyosha! I barely recognised that photo as dogs!!! Look like some kind of wild animals :rofl:

Percyk, I'm in my 50s, you'd think I'd learn by now! :rofl:

:laugh: Great pics. I know it's different, but my little one went through what seemed like a stage of rolling in (possom or bat) crap about five minutes before we were due to leave for the vets/training/visit grandma or anything that required being in my car and interacting with humans. If we were just going for a walk it wouldn't be so bad. But I've become very good at the quick fix bath.

Every now and then she trundles through the house with mud on her. She has this one spot that she likes to dig (usually when she is playing chasy - she runs to the hole and starts digging and then jumps down in a play bow gruffing away and starts digging again. It one hole, so I let it be, although I am forever refilling it, safe in the knowledge that it will be excavated again. It's in the cutest little corner of my yard too, were neither dog can actually go running at full speed, so it not a safety hazard. So anyway, sometimes it get muddy and she gets muddy. If it's dry, she just gets dusty, but it's quite entertaining seeing her go to town with this hole. She is not a hole digger in any other place? Except for the sandpit I bought for search and rescue purposes (treats and toys that is).

She is an impeccably clean eater though...

My old BC doesnt roll in mud that much, but he allways has 'bits' hanging from his body.

Usually its his tail, bits of grass/twigs/branches/rose cuttings/blackberry, he seems to wear them as a badge.

Gilly is different, he is a grot, loves the spring at my friends place, the first thing he does when he goes out there, is to lay in a big puddle that is always on the road.