Litters Due September

choc_bordercollie

We have puppies!!!! :):laugh:

We went to sleep around 8 pm, I woke at 4.30 as usual took Bonnie out for a wee and Poos, Did some dishes left in the sink from last evening. Bonnie was sitting in Pet basket in Lounge watching me and....kitten noises...whose got a kitten??

Checked bitch and little sqeaking Blenheim hanging out of rear end.

Slid basket to whelping box and out pops number one. Blenheim Bitch born 4.50 am

No. 2 Blenheim Bitch Born 5.48

No. 3 Blenheim Bitch Born 6.11

No. 4 Tri Bitch Born 6.37

No. 5 Tri Male Born 6.56

No. 6 Tri Bitch Born 7.16

All weighing between 105 and 135 gms. All have fed and pooped. All well so far.

Off to vets at 11.30 to check

Thanks so much to EVERYONE for your support and advice of which I'm sure I will needs heaps more of soon. :D

Photos to follow

Edited by LizT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have puppies!!!! :):laugh:

We went to sleep around 8 pm, I woke at 4.30 as usual took Bonnie out for a wee and Poos, Did some dishes left in the sink from last evening. Bonnie was sitting in Pet basket in Lounge watching me and....kitten noises...whose got a kitten??

Checked bitch and little sqeaking Blenheim hanging out of rear end.

Slid basket to whelping box and out pops number one. Blenheim Bitch born 4.50 am

No. 2 Blenheim Bitch Born 5.48

No. 3 Blenheim Bitch Born 6.11

No. 4 Tri Bitch Born 6.37

No. 5 Tri Male Born 6.56

No. 6 Tri Bitch Born 7.16

All weighing 105 gms. All have fed and pooped. All well so far.

Off to vets at 11.30 to check

Thanks so much to EVERYONE for your support and advice of which I'm sure I will needs heaps more of soon. :D

Photos to follow

Here are photos!

post-27253-1284163904_thumb.jpg

post-27253-1284163910_thumb.jpg

And here's Bonnie now, enjoying a bit of quiet time!

post-27253-1284163939_thumb.jpg

What a fantastic litter, plenty of females for you to pick from. Congratulations LizT :laugh:

And congrats to everybody else who has welcomed puppies this month :(

Yes, it's definitely a girl oriented litter isn't it!!

That poor boys going to be bossed about LOL

Mumma has now been penned in with them as she was too busy following us about and not staying put. (thanks for advice BB) All sleeping quietly.

Very proud of her first effort I must say.

Here is a picture of the line-up; in order of birth right to left. (Boy is 2nd from left)

post-27253-1284188586_thumb.jpg

Edited by LizT

Uuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe your scales are wrong or I have gone blind in my old age.

They look bigger than 105 grms. :laugh:

Nah it would be hubby whose gone blind...he was doing the readings!! :vomit: Had to give him some job as it was all happening so fast...or so it seemed LOL

That sounds like a dream whelping for a first-time breeder and a maiden bitch. I hope I have it that good when it is my turn (hopefully sometime next year :vomit: ).

Yes, it was nice to have a positive experience first time. It can help prepare you for the less happier outcomes later on. A bit hard to get a kick in the teeth first up but sadly, in reality it happens.

amstaff chick lotsa white there, what is kyuss gunna produce you think?

Hey what colour are those two boys, reds?

Hi Jibba, Yeah one is a deep almost mahogany red the other, not 100% sure at this stage, he looks red but has a lot of fawn in the coat and i had one like him b4 and he turned out to be a very lovely fawn so who knows...

Kyuss, im expecting lots of flashy pieds, most colours are possible there so will be a mixed bag id say...Very excited about that breeding tho ;)

Massive congrats on your new babies LizT they look adorable :banghead:

That sounds like a dream whelping for a first-time breeder and a maiden bitch. I hope I have it that good when it is my turn (hopefully sometime next year :) ).

Yes, it was nice to have a positive experience first time. It can help prepare you for the less happier outcomes later on. A bit hard to get a kick in the teeth first up but sadly, in reality it happens.

..and that kick in the teeth came by the way of a cleft palate for the poor little boy. :):laugh:

My silky bitch has finally decided to whelp today (fingers crossed), she was due last Sunday from her first mating (guess that one didn't work lol) Isn't she a thoughtful girl having them during the day and not in the middle of the night?

Ha, that's what I thought last Friday but she had a quiet night and popped out her first pup at 4.50 am without so much a a peep of noise from her or a pant prior! Caught me quite by surprise!

How'd you go?? :thumbsup:

The xray showed one very large pup so we decided for her to have the op and get him out. We are now the proud grandparents of one very large dog pup, mother and son doing great!! Grandparents broke once again lol. Puppy weighed in at 7 1/2 oz which is huge for a silky! Vet said there was no way she was going to be able to push it out so I'm glad we did it. Anyone need a foster mum???

Edited by dunnwarren

The xray showed one very large pup so we decided for her to have the op and get him out. We are now the proud grandparents of one very large dog pup, mother and son doing great!! Grandparents broke once again lol. Puppy weighed in at 7 1/2 oz which is huge for a silky! Vet said there was no way she was going to be able to push it out so I'm glad we did it. Anyone need a foster mum???

CONGRATULATIONS!

Glad it turned out well, a bit scary thinking about it isn't it.

Yes, she certainly has a few 'berths' free hasn't she LOL

There may well be someone out there that needs a 'mum'.

Edited by LizT