What Happens To Your Pets When You Die

vnv

If you have no friends or family to take them in, no will and no money to leave for their care. Do they just end up in the pound?

No! Send them to us!

Put us in your will we will make sure they are O.K. and we will follow your wishes even without money.

MDBA PACERS.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have no friends or family to take them in, no will and no money to leave for their care. Do they just end up in the pound?

No! Send them to us!

Put us in your will we will make sure they are O.K. and we will follow your wishes even without money.

MDBA PACERS.

You are angels with a special place in heaven. I felt a lump in my throat at your statement. :laugh:

This is a discussion that the boyfriend and I debatetalk about once in a while.. both side of the family loves our 2 as much as we do and they all want them. Whatever happens to them, they won't be separated and they still will live a very sweet, spoil and comfortable life :laugh:

We have agreed that both of them will inherit some money so that they are financially looked after for their rest of their lives (so they won't be that kind of burden from whoever gets them).. any money left over after they pass will be donated to dog rescue.

It's all worked out BUT who officially gets them!! :laugh:

Edited by CW EW

Wow - never thought seriously about this - had enough issues thinking about where the kids would go if something happened to OH and I - and THAT was hard enough.

Earl (bloodhound) - I would like to have his breeder contacted and have first option of taking him - given the size of him and my familys circumstances I think that MDBA Pacers would be the next best option - if he was of good health and age.

Rosie (kelpie) - well - she might be easier for one of the family to take - given size as a consideration - but she can be DA - fear based I think and so there may not be anyone- so MDBA Pacers may have her too.

The kids are only young - if they were adults then the dogs would go to one of them and this is something we will discuss with them

This is something that's been on my mind lately, ever since my partner died last year. It's only Pele and me now and I don't know of any one that I'd trust enough to look after Pele the way that I do :) I've thought that it may be kindest to have her PTS and cremated with me. Hopefully this won't happen.

Bianca would be safe with my sister. I know that nothing would happen to her. Mum would keep her, but mum is too frail to care for her properly. Mum would be devastated to lose her tho.

As a GAP dog, I would have the option of her going back to GAP; she wouldn't end up in the pound at any rate. However she's now 8 so she's getting a bit long in the tooth for a new family, so I'd keep her with us if at all possible (which would be probable).

I sometimes worry what would happen if something happened to my sister. Her dogs and parrot would come to me, but her dogs aren't as easy to manage as Bianca (only b/c of their exuberance), so I would be in for a rough time, even without the thought of losing my best friend. Plus it would be dangerous for Mum as she would get knocked over.

No! Send them to us!

MDBA PACERS.

Steve, can you give some more info on this please :D I would like to look into this further.

I'd hope that my breeders would each take back the dogs that they bred.

If one breeder would take them altogether I would much rather that though.

All being two bitches and a dog.

my first is co-owned so would go to her breeder.

This is what I'd hope for too! :D

I'm not sure to react to the people saying they made arrangements to put their dogs to sleep after they've died! For me, that sounds like a horrible thing to do, putting them to sleep for no reason like that.. I would hope that even if I did die that my doggy would still continue to live a long and happy life well after I've gone. I'd watch him from heaven and when he goes over the rainbow bridge, I'd be standing on the other side waiting for him :eek:

This is what I'd hope for too! :D

I'm not sure to react to the people saying they made arrangements to put their dogs to sleep after they've died! For me, that sounds like a horrible thing to do, putting them to sleep for no reason like that.. I would hope that even if I did die that my doggy would still continue to live a long and happy life well after I've gone. I'd watch him from heaven and when he goes over the rainbow bridge, I'd be standing on the other side waiting for him :eek:

Exactly.

When a pet dies, we mourn and move on.

It should be the same for our pets.

I don't want to think about it - I have just lost my mum and as a result I will not be going anywhere for a long while!!!!

My commiserations kazads, it's a big thing losing your mum.

Good topic, it's about the only thing I really care/worry about; ie if I was to go before my (two) dogs. If at all possible I would want them to stay together, they have never been apart. I don't have human kids and would leave them everything. I noted Steve's post and might look into that. I wouldn't trust family to understand to be able to suitably rehome them.

There have been times in the last few years when the blues have hit so bad that my dogs have been my only reason I have wanted to go on living. There's no way I would have them abandoned.

Edited by LabTested