Dutchie X At Pp

Nekhbet

saying they're a dangerous breed will only harm the breed not help it.

And.. crossing the breed with a working line GSD and then selling them to a pet shop to be on-sold to uneducated consumers is helping the breed? :laugh:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dare say you should be the last person to be giving opinions as to what is stupid and what isn't. If you are worried about the breed receiving bad publicity maybe you should put a lot more effort in to finding suitable homes for the mongrels you have bred. Do not try and claim the moral high ground as the breed would not have received any publicity if it wasn't for your poor judgment and breeding practices.

Yup, agree.

Nekhbet, please let us know what happens if this thread gets locked. :laugh:

Can some one fill the rest of us in???

Im assuming some one (possibly Kristina) has breed a dog that shouldnt be breed and have sold them to pp, is that correct?

What type of dog is a dutchie?

Sorry Im feeling a little dumb here :laugh:

I dare say you should be the last person to be giving opinions as to what is stupid and what isn't. If you are worried about the breed receiving bad publicity maybe you should put a lot more effort in to finding suitable homes for the mongrels you have bred. Do not try and claim the moral high ground as the breed would not have received any publicity if it wasn't for your poor judgment and breeding practices.

Speaking of people with too much time on there hands, How come you have had people make abusive and threatening phone calls on your behalf?

Agree.

Nekhkbet please do keep us informed of the outcome.

There was a thread that got locked & deleted a few days back, turned into a giant bunfight. Hence why people have been asked not to post on this thread so Nehkbet & Jeff Jones who are helping can keep us updated on what's going on with these pups.

Dutch shepherd is a high drive hard working line dog - similar to a working line malinois. The ferrari of working dogs, used for police & security & protection work. There was an ooops litter, dutchie x GSD, bred by a DOL member, which has somehow turned up in pet planet and has been onsold to unsuspecting, inexperienced families with small children. An accident waiting to happen, basically.

Im assuming some one (possibly Kristina) has breed a dog that shouldnt be breed and have sold them to pp, is that correct?

Edited - what Staranais said.

Edited by Golden Rules

Someone bred a Dutch Shepherd with a GSD and then the puppies ended up at PP.

Julie, what exactly is ur goal here? Giving the dutch a bad reputation, saying they're a dangerous breed will only harm the breed not help it. Pretty stupid IMO

Yes, bring attention to them, then watch the rspca get on it and ban them. Is that what u're trying to do? Do you want these pups put down too?

U have too much time on ur hands, go do something constructive

I'd rather have seen high drive working line puppies euthanised instead of put in a pet store by their stupid, irresponsible breeder where the pups were sold to first time dog owners with young children... who have zero idea or concept of the requirement of high drive working dogs. "Whoever" has put these puppies in PP has done more harm than good to the breed, Nekhbet is simply one of a few people who have been trying to clean up "someones" mess.

Edited by huski

Julie, what exactly is ur goal here? Giving the dutch a bad reputation, saying they're a dangerous breed will only harm the breed not help it. Pretty stupid IMO

Yes, bring attention to them, then watch the rspca get on it and ban them. Is that what u're trying to do? Do you want these pups put down too?

U have too much time on ur hands, go do something constructive

I'd rather have seen high drive working line puppies euthanised instead of put in a pet store by their stupid, irresponsible breeder where the pups were sold to first time dog owners with young children... who have zero idea or concept of the requirement of high drive working dogs. "Whoever" has put these puppies in PP has done more harm than good to the breed, Nekhbet is simply one of a few people who have been trying to clean up "someones" mess.

x2

totally agree huski. i am appalled that those puppies have ended up in a pet store with zero checking on who will own the pups.

high drive dogs deserve to be with owners who understand their particular needs.

this situation defies belief.

Kristina are u actually the idiot who bred those pups????? I am SICK AND TIRED of people breeding for profit, theres no other reason people would breed such a careless cross breed and then throw em in Pets Paradise

Exactly!

Kristina are u actually the idiot who bred those pups????? I am SICK AND TIRED of people breeding for profit, theres no other reason people would breed such a careless cross breed and then throw em in Pets Paradise

While I agree with the sentiment*, comments like this will very likely get the thread deleted.

Edited to add..

* In regards to breeding for profit. As far as who bred these pups or the motivations for the breeding, that's anyone's guess, really.

Edited by Hardy's Angel

While I agree with the sentiment, comments like this will very likely get the thread deleted.

Agreed, no nastiness unless we want this thread to disappear too. We all feel the same way towards the "breeder" :laugh:

There was a thread that got locked & deleted a few days back, turned into a giant bunfight. Hence why people have been asked not to post on this thread so Nehkbet & Jeff Jones who are helping can keep us updated on what's going on with these pups.

Dutch shepherd is a high drive hard working line dog - similar to a working line malinois. The ferrari of working dogs, used for police & security & protection work. There was an ooops litter, dutchie x GSD, bred by a DOL member, which has somehow turned up in pet planet and has been onsold to unsuspecting, inexperienced families with small children. An accident waiting to happen, basically.

Thanks for this heads up.

Are there other breeds that would also be described as 'high drive hard working dogs'? Isn't that why the police & military use German & Belgian Shepherds so extensively?

So wouldn't there be other dogs that shouldn't be sold to unsuspecting, inexperienced families??? The man who does our gardening bought a German Shepherd from a pet store.

Seems to add up to one of the main reasons why all breeds of dogs should be bought directly from registered breeders who know the attributes and needs well.

The welfare of these puppies at the centre of this furore should take one pride of place. I don't agree with the statement that they would have been better off put to sleep. Steps should be taken to ensure they're homed appropriately...as should be the case for other dogs of this type. German & Belgian Shepherds. I think I read, on the other thread, that those trying to sort things had also offered to take them in & do so. If so, that's decent, sensible and humane.

Should the puppies finish up being PTS as a result of this intervention, it'd be a disgrace.

Edited by mita

Real nice, and i'm NOT the one who bred the litter and all of u morons are playing assuming games. Where is the working line in these pups? Does anyone here know who the parents of these pups are?? I doubt it, maybe if u did then u'd all shut up.

cleaning up the mess?? what mess??

Shelly - ure an idiot. PROFIT?? I can see how one can make a huge profit by selling to a shop. Get ur facts straight.

As for the shops the pups are in, they are doing the right thing by them from what i've heard.

Brad, i'm not getting anyone to make calls on my behalf, u're all trying to get a picture and u have no idea what's going on, so get ur facts straigh, the pups are not mine and they're not from working lines.

Kristina by your own admission they are from working stock, and very high drive stock too.

I dont see any point posting here as you lie left right and centre about this whole situation. As for not yours, I have proof you have them, more crossbreed pups and YOU offering them for sale to someone direct. Not looking good from so called registered breeder.

ETA I can tell you one pup has probably gone to a dog owner with no experience already from the shop. Just really well done there.

Jeff Jones is not Brad either.

Edited by Nekhbet

Real nice, and i'm NOT the one who bred the litter and all of u morons are playing assuming games. Where is the working line in these pups? Does anyone here know who the parents of these pups are?? I doubt it, maybe if u did then u'd all shut up.

Shelly - ure an idiot. PROFIT?? I can see how one can make a huge profit by selling to a shop. Get ur facts straight.

As for the shops the pups are in, they are doing the right thing by them from what i've heard.

Brad, i'm not getting anyone to make calls on my behalf, u're all trying to get a picture and u have no idea what's going on, so get ur facts straigh, the pups are not mine and they're not from working lines.

The assumption is that they where bred by you because Dutch Shepherds are Rare. You posted on here about your litter of working line Dutch Shep x German Shepherd (anyone who has a look at your previous posts can see this).

Maybe you could enlighten us as to what has happened to that litter and attempt to clear up any assumptions...

Edited by lovemesideways

Really? How many other people in your area have had a litter of Dutchie crosses born the same day as your pups?

Dutchies are working dogs... can you show me any in Australia who AREN'T from working lines??

Are you honestly trying to say that the pet store is doing the right thing by these pups (impossible - they are a pet store!) when we've had DOLers SEE the pups there and speak to the staff members who have no idea what Dutchies even are never mind their requirements.