Pray For My Darling Yogi

Robbi

Great news, :laugh: Yogi is back home and tucked up safely in his crate, although he wants to get out and play with Abbie he is under strict house arrest for the next two weeks, he is letting us know he is not pleased with this situation and I think he will need lots of distractons to keep him amused.

The vet said I am very lucky to have him as it was so close to his lung and his lung collapsed during surgery. I am going to be scared to let him back out in the garden after this horrible accident.

Great news! :laugh:

Find yourself someone who makes pig dog breast plates and get a Whippet sized one!

Not a bad idea, I have been trying to think of how to make his jacket more like a body armour, I could help owners of other tissue paper Whippets if I came up with one :rofl:

Make sure the outfit includes a neck brace. On the UK Whippet forum, an owner loses a dog to a broken neck every few months. :laugh:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great news Robbi - give him a hug from Jaana and me - he is a very lucky boy

I met a couple on the weekend with a very active kelpie and it was wearing a harness with large front section that covered its chest. The kelpie didn't keep still long enough to see what brand of harness it was but the couple did say they had chosen that one because they thought it might protect his chest.

Very happy to hear this news Robbi :) . Sounds like it was a pretty close call during surgery, how scary!

Yogi, you be a good boy now and rest quietly until you're all better :) I have some yummy treats for you if you're a very good boy for your mum and don't scare her like that ever again :laugh:

We went to the vets this morning and had the drain pulled out, he is healing well but still on mega doses of atibiotics, I am giving him yakult to try and save his good bugs from being nuked by all his drugs. He is a bit of a whinger about being crated and I have set my mattress up on the floor next to him at night as he wasn't happy about me and Abbie on the bed and him in the cage.

Here is one of the less gruesome photo's of his injury :laugh:

post-28340-1284188046_thumb.jpg