Pray For My Darling Yogi

Robbi

After Yogi and Abbie spent most of the weekend inside due to the storms, they made the most of the sunshine today and had a lovely run around the house paddock, suddenly my nice afternoon came to a sudden end, Yogi let out a bloodcurdling scream and collapsed on the ground, I rushed up to him to discover a huge gaping wound on his chest just behind his front leg, as he had been running near some fencing material I feared he had staked himself on a star dropper.

We raced to the vet and he immeddiatly went in to surgery. the vet discovered that Yogi's chest cavity had been punctured and there were bits of wood in the wound, it was a stick. I have had some branches come down in the last couple of days of wild weather and one of these has caused the damage, the vet spent an hour operating on Yogi and he is now stable but the worry is there may be some wood splinters in his chest still.

I cannot thank my vets Derek and Lyn Welles enough as they were about to close when I came racing in with Yogi and it would have been a long trip down the freeway to the emergency clinic.

I pray my litle guy makes it through this freak and horrible accident as he is my heart and soul :)

post-28340-1283774157_thumb.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sitting waiting for the vet to ring with the latest updates, thank you all for your kind words and prayers, I cant believe how this has happened, somebody needs to invent a kevlar vest for Whippets, the vet said it was luck Yogi was on the plump size as otherwise it would have pierced his lung.