My Beloved Jake Gone Too Soon

casowner

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today has been a day of tears and reflection, we picked up the boy's ashes and reality hit in. My OH and I had very different ideas when it came down to his remains. I wanted an urn as I do with my others so I can take them with me wherever I live. My OH wanted to bury him (cremates) on the property where he loved overlooking the valley. We compromised and I got my urn and he has cremates to bury and he is getting a large cross and plaque made for him, somewhere he can go and be with him. I feel immense guilt for separating his remains but I believe that for peace and closure it had to be done this way so we can both deal with our grief in our own individual ways.

I keep hearing him bark when motorbikes go past and then go to the door to scold him, I know it is my memory playing tricks on me but it feels so real. I started going outside to spend time with the other animals like I have always done today but found myself looking around for him. It will get easier I know, I never fully comprehended what an integral part of our family he was. What an amazing ambassador for his breed he was as our hearts will always belong to the stoic CASD livestock guardian dog

Cas:

I know it is my memory playing tricks on me but it feels so real.

After my old cat went to the bridge, I would see him out of the corner of my eye and 'felt' him from time to time for months. That certainly seemed real to me.

I don't think separating Jake's ashes is a bad thing - we all grieve and remember in different ways. He was a lucky dog to be so loved. :thumbsup:

Edited by poodlefan

• 2 weeks later...

My heart goes out to you and Jake! He has heaps and heaps of friends looking out for him upstairs.

3 1/2 years is to young and doesnt seem right!

Keep well and my thoughts are with you.

Mark, David, Dixie and Herbert xxxx

Jakey,

Our joy at the arrival of the baby is bittersweet coming home without you here, last night your daddy asked what you would have thought of the baby and it just broke my heart to hear those words and not have an answer.

You are still in our thoughts and our hearts everyday big man

• 3 weeks later...

Oh Cas,How hard for you to come home and have a big space with no Jake in it.

I have had a dog with Bloat and it is horrific to say the least.

I am bawling my eyes out just reading your wonderful and heartfelt posts. He was loved like no other.