Please Pray For Chase

Kaffy Magee

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have any mushrooms or funny coloured toadstools/fungus growing around your yard? Anything mouldy or rotten he could have gotten too? Do the treats smell musty or like mildew?

Seizures, anaphylaxis, bleeding of the lungs, respiratory distress, vomiting, muscle pain, heart palpatations/heart attack, hypersensitivity upon repeat exposure etc are symptoms of reaction to the mycotoxins moulds and some fungi produce.

Seal the rest of the treats up in a ziplock bag and place them in the refrigerator if you're suspicious. Check the garden for ANY mushrooms, compost or wet areas he may have been eating, even under mulch.

Just an idea.

Thank you everyone. I cant stop crying for my little Chazzy Boy, it was so sudden. Hanging for that phone call from the vet.

Does anyone know how long it takes for snake bite to take effect? He could have been bitten earlier this morning while in his run. I let him in at about 1pm i think and first symptoms showed just before 3. Either way we will know for sure soon.Waiting waiting waiting........

I sincerely do hope he is ok, I truly know what you are going through. They are ever so very precious members of our family. Please let him come home to you safe from harm.

Just seen this thread, and I am so happy for you that he is going to make it!!!! What a shock and horrible thing for you both to go through!

And I agree with a previous post, YOU ARE AMAZING FOR GETTING HIM TO THE VET IN TIME!!!! :thumbsup:

Hope he makes a full recovery, he is gorgeous!!!

I just found this thread.

My thoughts are with you and Chase hoping for a full recovery.

And you are not the only one to drive a little faster than you should to the vets. I did last year when one of mine was bitten by a brown. Score brown 0 dog 1 and a $1300 vet bill.

Good luck