Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

I haven't recieved any in a new shape or colour, but my last order was a month or so ago so will check the new one. It had slightly changed size/shape before though and we had no issues so it wouldn't worry me too much.

I guess WA doesn't sell as much BH and we're probably an order behind the East Coast.

I am a good friend of Wendy, Maybe Ososwift doesn't get her stock from Wendy. I know Wendy gets a new pallet every week or two.

Sheena was the one who said a sample should be sent of to Sherel for a test. I was only agreeing that the product had changed but I too have no issues, and was only offering my opinion on some facts I know as to why it may have changed appearance. To me it is still the same good BH. :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which size bag do you have Chezy?

My 3kg bag of feline has a zip lock top but I store the 20kg in a large tin so mice can't get in.

I buy the 20kg bag

I recently started feeding BH again to my dogs and am very happy with it, I have been a converted raw feeder for many years and I only use the holistic dry foods now and then.

Hamish had pancreatitis Christmas last year and I have had trouble keeping the weight on him, he was ok while the weather was nice but needed to improve his condition with the cold weather. I contacted Dyzney and she was very helpful finding out the information for me about feeding BH to him. The girls seem to get fat just looking at food but Hamish has always needed that bit more to maintain his weight - since removing lamb bones from his daily menu keeping the weight on him was a loosing battle. He is already gaining weight since I added BH to his meals and as long as he can tolerate it I will keep him on it. I am sure the girls must hate him when they see what he gets compared to them :laugh: .

Anyway - just wanted to say I am very happy with Black Hawk and as long as Hamish can keep eating it I will keep buying it. Thanks for everything Dyzney :thumbsup: .

I'd love an update in a few months on how your dog goes on it, i have a girl with pancreatitis and she is eating a ton of food and I cant get any weight on her, but if I change her diet it sends her into a horrible bad attack . I am too scared to try anything else but what she is on now , but maybe if another did ok on it with no effect I may try it

I have a 20kg bag of puppy BH I for sale, I'll be in Bathurst this week if anyone is interested. Normally in orange can get the bag as far as dubbo as well if anyone is interested or knows someone who needs some BH.

I haven't recieved any in a new shape or colour, but my last order was a month or so ago so will check the new one. It had slightly changed size/shape before though and we had no issues so it wouldn't worry me too much.

I guess WA doesn't sell as much BH and we're probably an order behind the East Coast.

I am a good friend of Wendy, Maybe Ososwift doesn't get her stock from Wendy. I know Wendy gets a new pallet every week or two.

Sheena was the one who said a sample should be sent of to Sherel for a test. I was only agreeing that the product had changed but I too have no issues, and was only offering my opinion on some facts I know as to why it may have changed appearance. To me it is still the same good BH. :thumbsup:

Yep I do and my last order was basically direct from Black Hawk, as in the pallet was forwarded straight to me. That was around 6 weeks ago or less, can't remember. But I buy it a pallet at a time these days.

Yep I do and my last order was basically direct from Black Hawk, as in the pallet was forwarded straight to me. That was around 6 weeks ago or less, can't remember. But I buy it a pallet at a time these days.

Ososwift...I have sent you a PM :)

Hi All

There are many factors that can change the kibble colour, but mainly its the raw ingredients which are affected by seasons and climate changes,ie like meat can be a different colour from stock eating spring grasses, fruits and veggies can be a different colour depending on climate (water, Sunshine) etc, we do not add anything to make BlackHawk a uniform colour (no artifical colours, no artifical flavours, no artifical preservatives), Kibble size can change from time to time with the wearing of the plate that forms the kibble we have a minimum size and a maximum size and once it reaches the maximum size a new plate is used,

i hope this has helped to answer the questions

Regards

Sherel

I recently started feeding BH again to my dogs and am very happy with it, I have been a converted raw feeder for many years and I only use the holistic dry foods now and then.

Hamish had pancreatitis Christmas last year and I have had trouble keeping the weight on him, he was ok while the weather was nice but needed to improve his condition with the cold weather. I contacted Dyzney and she was very helpful finding out the information for me about feeding BH to him. The girls seem to get fat just looking at food but Hamish has always needed that bit more to maintain his weight - since removing lamb bones from his daily menu keeping the weight on him was a loosing battle. He is already gaining weight since I added BH to his meals and as long as he can tolerate it I will keep him on it. I am sure the girls must hate him when they see what he gets compared to them :laugh: .

Anyway - just wanted to say I am very happy with Black Hawk and as long as Hamish can keep eating it I will keep buying it. Thanks for everything Dyzney :thumbsup: .

I'd love an update in a few months on how your dog goes on it, i have a girl with pancreatitis and she is eating a ton of food and I cant get any weight on her, but if I change her diet it sends her into a horrible bad attack . I am too scared to try anything else but what she is on now , but maybe if another did ok on it with no effect I may try it

I will probably forget to get back to you - but will update in here in a few months to let you know how he is going on the BH. I have ran out of Barf at the moment and they are all on BH and bones, chicken frames (not often) for Hamish and he is looking fantastic. I am pleased to say he is gaining weight already but I am feeding him lots more than the girls.

I was terrified to try something else with him too so I know what mean, the information I got was they have a few dogs with pancreatitis on BH who are doing well so I thought why not, fingers crossed he will too. Glad I did and I suppose the big test is how he goes in a few months but for now he is processing everything well, no issues at all and has way too much energy to burn. Hamish has only had the one attack, I have played around with his diet a little bit and could have set him back twice, put him back on rabbit or turkey barf and he was fine. I have since decided that I have been pretty lucky so far when reading about other dogs with pancreatitis so thought it's best I find what he does well on and leave it alone.

PM me if you would like so we can stay in touch.

Edited by Andisa

I was so excited when I saw Black Hawk in a pet supply store near me - have browsed this thread a few times. But much to my disappointment, it seems to disagree with my girl's tummy. So strange, she's a hoover dog who eats everything (she loves BH, no problems there!) but it gave her almost-diarrhoea, very loose stools and gas, and she's been getting up during the night to go too. It's the only thing in her diet I changed, and I put her back on Royal Canin and now we're back to normal.

Back to Royal Canin for us! The remaining 99% of the Black Hawk bag has been gifted to mum's dogs :laugh:

In my last lot of BH there were several bit of other kibble in there, a couple that looked like fish (I'm guessing cat food?) a couple of largish square bits and a couple of other shapes as well.

I found maybe 10-15 pieces of random food throughout the whole 20kg bag. Didn't worry me, just gave it to my dog anyway but I found it interesting.

I will probably forget to get back to you - but will update in here in a few months to let you know how he is going on the BH. I have ran out of Barf at the moment and they are all on BH and bones, chicken frames (not often) for Hamish and he is looking fantastic. I am pleased to say he is gaining weight already but I am feeding him lots more than the girls.

I was terrified to try something else with him too so I know what mean, the information I got was they have a few dogs with pancreatitis on BH who are doing well so I thought why not, fingers crossed he will too. Glad I did and I suppose the big test is how he goes in a few months but for now he is processing everything well, no issues at all and has way too much energy to burn. Hamish has only had the one attack, I have played around with his diet a little bit and could have set him back twice, put him back on rabbit or turkey barf and he was fine. I have since decided that I have been pretty lucky so far when reading about other dogs with pancreatitis so thought it's best I find what he does well on and leave it alone.

PM me if you would like so we can stay in touch.

thankyou , I will keep an eye out on this thread, if i see nothing from you after a while I will pm and see how your dog is going, Gizzi seems to have a quite bad case and even a slight change upsets her, She has had very painful injection at the vet a couple of times now, so bad so that she shakes when at vets and visibly terrified , she never cared about the vet before

Guest english.ivy

Who in here feeds the BH feline? I started about a week ago. Even though im still switching slowly, shes eating less and her poops have nil smell. Currently shes eating her dinner from last night. She now picks, instead of just eating it all in one hit.

I started my boy (8 year old Birman) a while ago, we have been through one 3 kilo bag and onto our second, he also eats kangaroo but I have noticed he eats a lot more dry than he used too, his coat is great and he has put on a couple of kilos which is fantastic, he was always so scrawny. He is doing fabulously on it.

Who in here feeds the BH feline? I started about a week ago. Even though im still switching slowly, shes eating less and her poops have nil smell. Currently shes eating her dinner from last night. She now picks, instead of just eating it all in one hit.

My Mum's Abyssinian is on it & she is looking great. She is not overly fussed on it, but then she is not fussed on any thing, but it is agreeing with her. She also gets a little bit of kangaroo mince.

In my last lot of BH there were several bit of other kibble in there, a couple that looked like fish (I'm guessing cat food?) a couple of largish square bits and a couple of other shapes as well.

I found maybe 10-15 pieces of random food throughout the whole 20kg bag. Didn't worry me, just gave it to my dog anyway but I found it interesting.

I think this is bits of the kibble made for export, there is certain regulations regarding shape and colour for export... Or something to that effect

Sorry Andisa, just spotted this...

You are most welcome and we are thrilled Hamish is doing so well on the Black Hawk.

It is always such a huge relief when you find a dog food that not only gives you the results you want, but also ticks the boxes for know health issues.

Please keep us in the loop with how Hamish gets on.

Our girls run on the smell of an oily rag also :laugh:

My mum has her 2 older Siamese cats on BH Feline. By memory they are around 8 years old, both desexed, siblings. They have been on it now around 8 months and mum is really thrilled with the condition and look of her cats. She gets me post it to her each month.

I was just in one of our local pet supply shops that now stocks the Black Hawk and the shop owner said she has had nothing but excellent feed back with Black Hawk dog and cat variety. She is wrapped with the responses from people.

My kitten has been brought up completely on BH Feline. His poops only smell when he has caught and eaten a mouse - yuk! Other than that they barely smell. HE is only 9months old at this stage and is shaping up to be a big cat. HE is lean and muscley but big