Rare Dog Breeds

poodlefan

I want these as soon as they are registered in the FCI :laugh:

Tsvetnaya Bolonka

I'm getting some of these too, I wonder if the ANKC will even consider accepting them before FCI recognition

I'll be in on this bandwagon... along with the Azawakh.

These guys are cute as buttons :nahnah:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One for the Spitz Fans

The Lundehund

54_Norsk_lundehund.jpg

And one of its distinguishing features:

lundehund-paw-240ds061709.jpg

there's a girl at the park who has what is possibly a cross bred one of these. She calls her Lundy and she's gorgeous. she doesn't have the extra toes though.

4494652165_d9b73520c9_z.jpg

4492545528_6eeffcfd77_z.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

A guy I work with just got a Sarplaninac. Also called Macedonian Mountain Dog. He wanted one because he is from Macedonia and had one when he was a kid. I have seen video footage and it is stunning, so big and cuddly just like a teddy bear. But I'm told very powerful and very protective/guarding instincts. He knows its going to need alot of training/obedience work.

He told me the breeder was trying to get them recognised here.

I love the look of these guys. Porcelaine dogs.

I just bought a dog encyclopedia from dymocks and it seems to have all the rare breeds, its awesome.

LOVE the Porcelaine, AND the Billy AND the Grande Bleau de Gasgon.... I seem to be very drawn to the French breeds :nahnah: love that Picardy spaniel and Blue gascony griffon, great griffon vendeen, griffon nivernais, bourbonnais poiinter, gascony and Pyyrenean pointers, ariege and auvergne pointers,burgos pointer, saint germain pointer, french spaniel, blue picardy spaniel, the super duper gorgeous Pont-Audemer spaniel, french wirehaired pointing griffon, Barbet...I should just move to France!!!! :laugh:

OOh spanish pointer, um I will have to dig out some books and check for more favourites. Bracco being my special favourite......

another Italian I love is the segugio italiano, wow!

also like the Yugoslavian herder, Piccardy Shepherd, Atlas shepherd, Entlebuch cattle dog, Estrela mountaine dog (met a really lovely one :rofl: ) Ibizan which I know is not that rare but so lovely and sweet,

Other breeds I like are the Bolognese, arabian greyhound, spanish greyhound, sloughi and azawakh.

If anyone knows how to upload pics that would be great!!

Edited by Monah

Caucasian Mountaindog (Caucasian Ovtcharka)

I met someone just recently who has an Ovtcharka. He guards their property which was somewhere near the Blue Mtns. He was HUGE! Apparently a lovely dog though. Not only a good guard dog but he loves checking in at home to see the family.

I want these as soon as they are registered in the FCI :laugh:

Tsvetnaya Bolonka

I'm getting some of these too, I wonder if the ANKC will even consider accepting them before FCI recognition

If they are recognised by the CC of their country of origin that's enough isn't it? Where are they from?

They are recognised by the Russian Kennel Club as Russkaya Tsventnaya Bolonka, however when you go to the english part of the Russian Kennel Clubs website they only list standards for FCI breeds. :nahnah: (site is here)

However a page is in the Russian language side that lists them as being non-FCI but a Russian Breed. (link to google translation here)

I have to stop looking at photos! LOL I keep finding cute photos of them.