I Love My Dogs, But

poochmad

I'm over the slobber and the hair.

Just on the weekend I was having a whinge to hubby about loving the dogs, but am sick of the hair everywhere, the tumbleweeds that appear by the end of the week, the slobber along the walls and in places that makes you wonder how it got there...

Anyone else love their dog with a 'but'?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely with you on the hair!

We now have tiles throughout the house - is great for easy cleaning and no more animal odour sticking to carpet etc but my doG they lose alot of hair! We also get tumbleweeds but they are from the cats hair which is lighter and fluffier.

The other 'I love them but' is that they follow me everywhere. I seriously can't get 2 mins peace from them (well the boys anyway). If we are all sitting in the loungeroom, watching telly, everyone of them is sound asleep and I so much as change position on the lounge the boys are immediately up and looking at me as if to say 'where do you think you're going'. Some independence would be nice, although it is nice to feel so loved and wanted!

I love my dogs but..... Banjo stop barking at the dog next door! at the birds! at the air! They aren't going to get you! shuddup!

I love my dogs but...... Luda give me some space at night! It was probably 35 degrees overnight yet you still insist on being between my and OH!? Under the blankets!

And yes of course the tumbleweeds of hair :S

Ah yes, I forgot about the bed stealing...

I love you Henschke but...move over on the bed, don't sleep between my legs so I get a cramp, don't stick your nose in my face when I'm asleep if you want to come up and stop jumping up and down throughout the night so I get a restless sleep!

Ah yes, I forgot about the bed stealing...

I love you Henschke but...move over on the bed, don't sleep between my legs so I get a cramp, don't stick your nose in my face when I'm asleep if you want to come up and stop jumping up and down throughout the night so I get a restless sleep!

Sounds like Porthos :( He slept on my pillow, draped across to my husbands pillow and kept peering at me in the dark... I knew he was doing it as the smell of fish breath (not sure how he gets fish breath since he doesn't eat fish) kept wafting in my face and as soon as I moved, his tail would start thumping the bed. :)

Tumbleweeds at the end of the week? How lucky are you LOL. My latest toy is a battery powered upright vacuum cleaner which I can whip out virtually daily AND STILL THEY COME :):wave:

Frankly, I think just about everything comes with a "but".

Yesterday, I happily "fenced" off a large section of my lawn with that plastic roll out lattice so I could top dress and get the grass growing again. And then it hit me: how do I get the dogs out for their walks? So now we have to exit via the front door otherwise I have to lead them through the fenced off area. Coming back is okay, because they will go under the deck and around, but they won't do that with their leads on.

Having dog calls for all sorts of comprises, but when you are snuggled up on the couch with a book and they are propped all around you, I guess it is worth it. But then the phone rings ................................ :(:)

I love my dogs but ....... why can you go and hold on for a wee for a 7 hour car trip, 10 or so hours in a crate overnight etc only for me to let you in for breakfast and have you pee on the floor??? I know you are toilet trained stop being slack lol

Just on the weekend I was having a whinge to hubby about loving the dogs, but am sick of the hair everywhere, the tumbleweeds that appear by the end of the week, the slobber along the walls and in places that makes you wonder how it got there...

Get a Whippet! :laugh:

Get a Whippet! :eek:

:laugh: :D :rofl:

You may have the wrong breed for you. :o :o

Edited by oakway

Hmm. Not sure about a whippet (as they still lose hair), but I seriously was looking at breeds that don't shed (for the future), but it seems that every dog that doesn't shed you need to pluck the ear hair, and I hate doing that! (Sister has a poodle.)

Hmm. Not sure about a whippet (as they still lose hair), but I seriously was looking at breeds that don't shed (for the future), but it seems that every dog that doesn't shed you need to pluck the ear hair, and I hate doing that! (Sister has a poodle.)

There's always hairless dogs. :D

Give me Lapphund tumbleweeds over bull terrier barbed hairs that stick into everything and are impossible to get out :laugh:

I love my dog but really, Luuka, must you steal dad's plaster teeth impressions and hide them around the house? He needs them for work :D

Im feeling very guilty about my four legged baby, have had absolute crap week at work, and instead of playing with her when i have finished for the day, I have had to be on internet and doing bookwork and stuff, so feel a bit crap about 'neglecting' her

I love my dog more than anything but my god, when I've just spent the whole morning cleaning the house, and he then just runs over the freshly mopped wooden floorboards with muddy paws - and then onto the carpet, it really hurts.

Or what about when he has a bone or toy in the backyard, and instead of just picking it up, he paws at it until he's dug a full on hole, destroyed the grass and hence more mud ends up inside :s