I Love My Dogs, But

poochmad

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my dog, but... Kivi, can you go out and not find a carcass to eat and roll in or a swamp of stinky mud to get plastered all over your belly and legs? Came home to a small dirt pile on the floor where he'd been lying after this morning's muddy shenanigans.

I love my dog, but... Erik, seriously, I heard you the first time.

I think my dog makes less mess less often than my brother's children...

And if she's really being obnoxious I can put her in a crate - which she actually enjoys (large amounts of roast chicken and promite on toast help).

But - I wish she would stay out of the bushes on the river bank where there might be snakes or ticks. Come when you're called, bitch. I really should work on that more often - it's all my fault. And there is nothing like having a reflection of your own faults or lack of skill as a dog trainer sleeping on the couch. But I love patting her. And I love that she will act as door bell when the lawn mower man doesn't press the button...

I'm over the slobber and the hair.

Just on the weekend I was having a whinge to hubby about loving the dogs, but am sick of the hair everywhere, the tumbleweeds that appear by the end of the week, the slobber along the walls and in places that makes you wonder how it got there...

Anyone else love their dog with a 'but'?

;) Constantly.....and the kids..and the hubby...and the horses.

Sometimes I feel like too many 'souls' depend on me. What happened to the carefree free spritied young woman???

Long gone.

The dust bunnies start mid week here.

Not a single dog hair in them. ;)

I never plucked my Poodle's ear. The groomer used to do that when she clipped her. ;)

But I did spend a fair bit of time with her on my lap while I watched TV and filed back her nails. They were very long thanks to her previous neglect and persistent filing was the best way to get the claws to retract to a more acceptable length.

Unfortunately, Kaisie will not let a file or any implement within a mile of her nails. :D

Edited by noisymina

I love you Rosie but stop wearing a track in the carpet running around - and around - and around the couch

I love you too Earl but you are so damn stubborn (and so am I) that we are destined to butt heads.

And both of you - the kids are in the pool - you are NOT going out there to bark at them - and you are definitely NOT going in the pool with them!!!!!!!!!!

I'm over the slobber and the hair.

Just on the weekend I was having a whinge to hubby about loving the dogs, but am sick of the hair everywhere, the tumbleweeds that appear by the end of the week, the slobber along the walls and in places that makes you wonder how it got there...

Anyone else love their dog with a 'but'?

Get a Whippet! :(

:( ;) :(

You may have the wrong breed for you. :( :(

agreed!

Whippets do shed but very little. Mine were having their winter to summer malt and I was actually noticing a bit of hair on car seats etc. So I attacked them with the Zoom Groom, now no more hair getting left on stuff - oh and no ear plucking!

Edited by OSoSwift

No issues with hair in this house (aside from grooming - oh, Grumpy man, we'll try again for a bath this week!). My two, however, are the stickiest dogs ever. If there's anything that could possibly attach to their coats, it will. I'm forever saying, 'Hang on, darling, you have a stick on your bum.'

I love Pepper, but I don't love the bruises I get when she loves me back a bit too hard. Like when she misjudges and power slides into me when trying to halt a zoomie at the park, or when we're cuddling in the bed and she tries to push me off with her great long legs. Actually, I do love it, in a weird, ridiculous "this is my doggy and it's who she is" kind of way. :(

I love you "Princess" Katie but you don't need to stand and bark with your high pitched bark at one of the others because they are in a bed that is identical to one left over for you outside our bedroom door, periodically during the night. :o Sleep deprivation does not go down well with me.

I love you Dory, but....

You need a bath every week, cos you start to stink!

You are sometimes a little more needy than I can handle.

You eat the cat poop while it is still warm, and don't give us a chance to grab it sometimes.

You are STUBBORN!

You are sometimes pushy and impatient.

And yes the HAIR...OMG...Pluck...Pluck...Pluck....and you still manage to drop it on everything.

But we Love you Dory,

Because you give good snuggles and cuddles.

You play nice with the cat.

You make us laugh.

You are warm on a cold winter's evening.

You are pretty much take anywhere kinda gal.

You are pretty quiet.

Everyone Loves you on sight.

:rofl::rofl: There's a world without hair and slobber?? :) :D

Wheatens and kerries, you know you want to!

My family owned a Kerry and as cute as he was, he was a pain in the butt with other dogs. What are Wheatens like?

I love the fact that our dogs are very friendly and can easily mix with any type of dog. Even if a little dog growls or has a go at our dog (either the male or the female), they just give them a wide berth.