Urgent - Council Closing Pets Haven - Victoria

Annie99

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just received the startling news that our friends at Pet's Haven Animal Shelter have been closed down by their local council. If anyone is in a position to assist them with temporary foster care for a cat or dog please contact them immediately.

I can't foster, but is there anything that I could do to help? This is so cruel for them to this right before Christmas.

I have just received the startling news that our friends at Pet's Haven Animal Shelter have been closed down by their local council. If anyone is in a position to assist them with temporary foster care for a cat or dog please contact them immediately.

I can't foster, but is there anything that I could do to help? This is so cruel for them to this right before Christmas.

The animals are in lockdown.

Not allowed to leave the shelter as yet..

I feel sorry for the animals, whatever is going on has to be a reason and hopefully (not saying is the case) but from other comments here, I hope they haven't done something that now puts the animals at risk of not finding homes..

Are you on Facebook?

There is a petition going around or google Pet's haven and you will find the petition.

Maybe the people are who are going to sign this petition need to know why they are being closed down. And not from any one sided view either.

Google Pet's Haven and find out what has happened in the past and make up your own mind whether you want to support them or not.

People who blindly sign petitions need thier head read ...

I would love to know why exactly after 2 warning phonecalls PH have been shut down and their paperwork taken. 1) why they didnt pay attention to the warning and 2) what is so wrong with their paperwork regarding the animals they have and have had that is a concern.

have a GOOD think before you hop on the bandwagon.

well that says it all. they had a permit for a certain amount of animals and the seriously went over that amount.

according to the article they had a permit for 20 cats and 8 dogs but were found to have 62 cats and nine dogs.

what on earth did they expect. now the animals suffer more. one can only wonder about the conditions they were kept in

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

Woodend animal shelter Pets Haven closed

BY ANGELA VALENTE

14 Dec, 2010 02:30 PM

WOODEND’S Pets Haven shelter has been shut down because of serious overcrowding.

Macedon Ranges Council officials yesterday inspected the site and found 71 animals, including 62 cats and nine dogs.

Proprietor Trish Bourke has a temporary permit to keep a maximum of 20 cats and eight dogs.

I feel sorry for the animals, whatever is going on has to be a reason and hopefully (not saying is the case) but from other comments here, I hope they haven't done something that now puts the animals at risk of not finding homes..

Decently put. Whatever the human rights & wrongs, it's to be hoped that the current animals will be well cared for & good homes found.

she has more then nine dogs.

have a look at her website and pet rescue. they are all hidden at foster carers houses & her property.

I don't know anything about PH, but this comment is inaccurate. Dogs are allowed to be at foster carers - they aren't hidden. The permit is for dogs on the property.

I understand you have issues with them and if only 50% of what is said on here is true then they need some serious work done (and not just donations, but mgt and processes etc). However, let's stick to the facts...

Decently put. Whatever the human rights & wrongs, it's to be hoped that the current animals will be well cared for & good homes found.

Yes - that is my concern as well. It isn't about supporting Pets Haven so much as it is about thinking of the animals first.

have a look at her website and pet rescue. they are all hidden at foster carers houses & her property.

I don't know anything about PH, but this comment is inaccurate. Dogs are allowed to be at foster carers - they aren't hidden. The permit is for dogs on the property.

I understand you have issues with them and if only 50% of what is said on here is true then they need some serious work done (and not just donations, but mgt and processes etc). However, let's stick to the facts...

They are hidden when she is writing on the facebook pages to keep it quite that they have animals in their homes.

They are hidden when she is writing on the facebook pages to keep it quite that they have animals in their homes.

What rubbish.

Why you get pleasure out of writing such inflamatory posts is something I do not understand.

She has never written that (to keep it quiet that people have animals in their homes) and Pets Haven is an open site. You are being very dishonest saying such things.

What rubbish.

Why you get pleasure out of writing such inflamatory posts is something I do not understand.

She has never written that (to keep it quiet that people have animals in their homes) and Pets Haven is an open site. You are being very dishonest saying such things.

not rubbish at all - they're hiding animals which have been either given to them by owners or pulled supposedly from 'death row'. God knows where they will end up :angeldevil:

Any one who has foster kids ready to come back and cant keep them at this stage please email me. Those of you who are will to help out and take on any foster kids please email me [email protected] please state in the email what you are wanting ie return or foster so i can work something out.. thanks karen
Kirstie Scicluna Please answer Karen via email only.....

Just a reminder that all of this is visible to anyone who wishes to read it.

Thanks.

Pet's Haven Animal Shelter Every one please email mail me, please dont use fb to contact [email protected] thanks