52 Weeks For Dogs 2011

~*Shell*~

Hi Everyone :wave:

This is my pic for week 18. Thought I'd go b/w for a change.

I'm afraid I didn't get to take any photos at all for week 17, so I've missed that week :( ,bugger...

Well done to all of you for continuing to click away & post on here :thumbsup:

5706622339_736168450a.jpg

#18/52 - Tali sleeps

Week 19 of Cowboy

I'm feeling a bit emotional about my old soldier this week. He has had a sore wrist and intermittent limping for nearly a year now which is getting worse. He has an xray very couple of months, and on Monday our X-ray showed that the area of inflammation and degenerative arthritis had significantly increased from 2 months ago!

He is my "baby" - my good boy. Always happy and never demanding. His greatest love is the beach.

I haven't been able to take him on long walks for months, walking on hard surfaces is out. He usually gets a 10 minute snuffle at the local oval each morning, and now only once a week at the beach.

I have decided not to keep him in cotton wool, as he loves the beach too much to not let him have his zoomies and a paddle. I should be grateful that it isn't bone cancer, which I am, but still it just doesn't seem fair.

Sorry to go OT but I know my 52W friends are pretty familiar with my boy.

Here he is at the beach yesterday - see the happy face?

Thanks for listening

Annie

week19.jpg

Week 19 of Cowboy

I'm feeling a bit emotional about my old soldier this week. He has had a sore wrist and intermittent limping for nearly a year now which is getting worse. He has an xray very couple of months, and on Monday our X-ray showed that the area of inflammation and degenerative arthritis had significantly increased from 2 months ago!

He is my "baby" - my good boy. Always happy and never demanding. His greatest love is the beach.

I haven't been able to take him on long walks for months, walking on hard surfaces is out. He usually gets a 10 minute snuffle at the local oval each morning, and now only once a week at the beach.

I have decided not to keep him in cotton wool, as he loves the beach too much to not let him have his zoomies and a paddle. I should be grateful that it isn't bone cancer, which I am, but still it just doesn't seem fair.

Sorry to go OT but I know my 52W friends are pretty familiar with my boy.

Here he is at the beach yesterday - see the happy face?

Thanks for listening

Annie

week19.jpg

Oh Poor Cowboy, I am so sorry, I hope he can keep going to his beloved beach, gorgeous boy that he is xx

Week 19

5709754394_b6383010f7.jpg

This week we have a visitor! A friends setter has come to stay. I took the boys out for a romp and to play some fetch with the Dokken (foam dummy)... only the Kelpie did any retrieving! The setter did go looking for birds though...

My photos are pretty lame at the moment, my glasses were stolen so I have to use live view - can't see down the lens :eek:

anniek - So sorry to hear about Cowboy :( He is looking very happy and handsome.

Katalily - look at her little feet, love all the textures in the picture :)

Binx- look at your little whippet sitting all tucked in :D Such a little cutie!

poocow- love the pyjama shots! They look so comfy!

Naomi- Archer is looking so mature!

A gorgeous photo of a gorgeous boy. I feel the same with Zero. He has problems with his back, his eyes and his ears and just can't do the things he used to. He's not even 7 yet :( But as I keep telling him, he's here for a good time, maybe not a long time. He does well enough - pulls up a bit tender sometimes but he's still a happy boy :)

Great shots guys, Annie, you must be doing something right with cowboy by the big grin on his face, he looks like the happiest dog in the world!!

Sammie, Astis ears always crack me up, they are epic in that shot!

RV, I like the light in your shot, Toby almost looks like a russet red colour.

KL, love the B & W of Tali, just lovely!

PC, love your shots, especially the jacket ones, so cute!

Binx, gorgeous whippy shots!

wags - I had to force myself to pick up the camera this week too. Just wasn't feeling it. Riley looks snug as a bug. Smart move in this freezing weather!

evolving - love the texture of Bob's coat

------------

19/52

Angle.jpg

Edited by gila

:laugh: love Spencer he looks like he is coming out of the screen to give me a big kiss!! I havent been using PB latley just flickr.

Bobs coat is similar to one of my girls, lovely curls!

Poocow - Great shots! Love the jackets. Especially Moo's. It fits right in with the name! :D

Binx - Love the dappled light. Looks like a great spot for a walk. I'm jealous!

Katalily - Love the black and white! Our dogs all look so peaceful when they are sleeping.

Annie - Sorry to hear about his pain. But it does look like he loves his time at the beach! The water looks lovely and clear. Any trick to getting dogs to like the water? Archie is new to the beach and hasn't taken to the water yet.

RallyValley - Great action snap. Sounds like the dogs got their instincts mixed up. :laugh: And yeah, Archie is growing up too quickly!!

Sammie - Lovely shot of Asti. :)

Wagsalot - Riley has the cutest 'puppy eyes'. Almost as if he is begging for a longer photo shoot. ;) Glad you were able to get a shot this week. Hope you get better quickly!

Evolving - Wow! Love the texture shot. It's nice to see the detail of his coat.

Gila - This is one of my favourite shots this week. It's as if Spencer has accidentally creeped into the photo. It feels like he is staring right at me! Haha. Love it. Can't help you with photobucket sorry, I use flickr.

thanks for all of your positive comments about my big boy

I was just feeling sooky about him last week, especially when a woman came up to me on the beach and "kindly" told me that my dog was lame and making him excercise was cruel :cry:

So here he is for Week 20 - being a cuddlebum this morning.

week20.jpg