Nye Shows Gawler

Sayly

Yuck is all I can say! Why did summer pick now to make it's appearance??? :eek: It will still be around 40 at Gawler when the Aussies go in the ring, and even hotter when I'm grooming so they aren't coming, think we will head over later just for Ruby.

At least the next day is only supposed to be 30 degrees. :laugh:

Robbi I didn't realise you showed Borzoi, I handle LH Dachs occasionally so have probably seen you around.

I am handling a friend's Aussie so will at least get my Aussie show fix!

Showdog, wish Perth had kept it! 43 is just nuts!!!!

I'm gong to cheat - gazebo up as soon as the rings are up - dogs can stay at home...groom at home and take them down at the last minute....yeh for being less than 1km from the grounds..... :laugh:

There are some benefits to being this side of town. LOL.

You might want someone to text or call you so you know when to turn up. I would be expecting quite a lot of scratchings, especially from coated breeds on early. I had been disappointed I forgot to enter but am glad now. It is only 5 mins from home so I was going to drop in around 8 or 9ish but if it is like the last time we had weather like this for new years it was just about over by that time due to all the scratchings, lol.

Robbi I didn't realise you showed Borzoi, I handle LH Dachs occasionally so have probably seen you around.

My neighbour has bred Borzoi for a number of years but has been unable to show for a few years due to ill health so I have found myself handling them for her at shows, it has been a steep learning curve but I am having fun but I think it must be hard having a novice handler as each week I seem to do something wrong in the ring :laugh:

My neighbour has bred Borzoi for a number of years but has been unable to show for a few years due to ill health so I have found myself handling them for her at shows, it has been a steep learning curve but I am having fun but I think it must be hard having a novice handler as each week I seem to do something wrong in the ring :)

I do something wrong each time too. :laugh: I will keep an eye out for you. :)

Forecast also suggests that the cool change is coming in during the evening - so it may not be all that bad - even earlier.

I think the issue won't be the heat but the wind. Going to be very windy.

We're used to the wind - every time beardies go in the ring the wind picks up :laugh:

They said on the news last night that they expect it to be high 20s by midnight so I wouldn't expect much of a drop before the sun goes down.

Hubby is in CFS and the warnings they got today about tomorrow included info on 50 - 60k winds :)

Forecast also suggests that the cool change is coming in during the evening - so it may not be all that bad - even earlier.

Minimum 27 so won't be coming in too soon, and the sun doesn't go down from well after the 6.30 starting time, I 'm not going.

Minimum 27 so won't be coming in too soon, and the sun doesn't go down from well after the 6.30 starting time, I 'm not going.

minimum will be 20 degrees actually - so yes - change will be coming in earlier... BOM says will be arriving in the late afternoon - are you entered? If you are a later breed - see what the weather is doing and then decide.