R I P Molly

persephone

I found my Molly girl dead this morning . We presume snakebite. She was in the bitch pen...safe .yeah, right.

Molly was born almost 6 years ago .. and was originally called "Moley" cos as a pup she had the velvety charcoal coat reminiscent of moles.

Grown up she had a beautiful glossy black coat- soft and sweet smelling.

She was not much of a worker- so became 'mine' and used to be my rabbiting dog . She had a very soft mouth ..and was a terrific retriever! certainly saved me lots of climbing up hills etc after bunnies.

She did have a bad habit of barking... a lot :thumbsup: and was fearful of strangers .. but that in itself was ok.. I knew no one would get past her to the house :welcome:

She was under appreciated ,and probably could have had a much happier life- but she luckily knew no better, and enjoyed what she had ..her old crotchet rug in her kennel..which she would put back if it got dragged out by her chain ..her Kong , and the odd soft toy of Hamlet's she would kidnap from inside :confused:, the deep shade under 'her' apple tree , and kissing me on the hand each time I walked past her ,along the path to our gate, her frozen bone every night, cleaning out the nearly empty peanut butter jars , and ,of course, chasing bunnies.

I'll miss her .

MOLLY