When Buying From A Registered Breeder Poll 2

SwaY

Do you factor in any of the following..  

142 members have voted

1. 1. I would only buy a registered puppy from a MDBA member

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A
  2. 2. I would only buy from a Registered breeder who is a member of there BREED club

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A
  3. 3. I would only buy from a breeder who has a website?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A

Question two - ''their'' breed club being the breed club in their state? I come from a breed with a clubs everywhere, some people would choose to be members of a club not in their state. I answered no assuming ''their'' breed club meant the club in their state.

Neither of the breeders I bought from are members of breed clubs. One was once and isn't anymore for reasons of her own, the other is in a state that doesn't have a breed club for our breed. And there is no national breed club.

Question two - ''their'' breed club being the breed club in their state? I come from a breed with a clubs everywhere, some people would choose to be members of a club not in their state. I answered no assuming ''their'' breed club meant the club in their state.

I had not considered about being a member but in a different State.

A member is a member I think, Your still a ANKC member even if registered in a different State.

I answered no to all 3 but as a breeder I find buyers very uneducated. I am seldom asked any other questions other than do you have a puppy. My add always states the parents are health tested but only once have I ever had anyone ask anything about those tests. I have never been asked if I am a registered breeder and most aren't even that interested in papers. They just want a puppy.

I answered no, yes, yes.

These are not absolutes but more starting points.

I regards to the question on websites it's not that I would never buy from someone because they don't have a website, it's more that I would probably never find them in the first place.

I answered no to all 3 but as a breeder I find buyers very uneducated. I am seldom asked any other questions other than do you have a puppy. My add always states the parents are health tested but only once have I ever had anyone ask anything about those tests. I have never been asked if I am a registered breeder and most aren't even that interested in papers. They just want a puppy.

Become a wheaten breeder and then you can have me interrogate you in detail! Go on, you know you want to ... :cheer::heart:

I answered no to all three but on cowanbree's point, I'm more educated than perhaps those who have never had a health issue with a dog. I've had two dogs, one a kerry blue who was sick his whole life, and a wheaten who died of PLN. There's nothing like having a sick dog to make a puppybuyer educated.

No

No

No

I am a member of breed clubs that are not in my state. I enjoy the in depth info and articles and results and pedigrees and rehomes etc. and like to contribute. I also get a lot out of the endless knowledge of those who know the breeds and international news. All of which I would not have easy access to otherwise.

Being a breed club member has never come up when I've been looking for a puppy though.