2 Part Question,i Need To Vent So Badly Lol

The 3 Musketeers

Hi all,

This is a 2 part question,but will start with the bigger problem.

We have a off the leash park 2 minutes from my home,The council has spent alot of money making it safe for all pets to roam the park and have fun. They have fixed up all the big gaps around the fence line,they have put in doggie bins with poo bags,so if you forget to bring your own, their are always poo bags next to the bin. They mow the grass weekly-fortnightly,and the council has done a great job.

Now for the stuff that really bugs me.

I take my 2 girls down every morning about 5.15am for the run about,and I meet up with other dog lovers,but their are some dog owners who just wont pick up after their pets. For the past month,I have been telling this lady to pick up her dogs poo,but she still continue to ignore me, and keeps on walking,their is also another dog owner who drives by about 6am, let his dog out,he does his poo,jumps back in the car,and drives off.Are you kidding me i keep saying to myself,How can these people continue to do this. Other than getting into a fight with them, I made up 8 signs,(see below)and put them around the entry gates,so you cant miss them,but still you get the same people NOT doing the right thing. If i see other dog poo around where we are playing, its not that hard to pick up and oput in bin,but i shouldnt have to be doing this. I have reported this to our local council,but unless they catch them in the act, their is nothing they can do they said.

Ok my other question is, If your pet is full vaccinated,can they still pick up bugs from a park or oval. Im sure not all pets that go down to the oval i use are fully vaccinated,so are my girls protected.

ATTENTION DOG OWNERS

NOTICING THE PAST FEW MONTHS DOWN AT THE PARK, SOME DOG OWNERS ARE NOT PICKING UP AFTER THEIR PETS.

THE COUNCIL WERE KIND ENOUGH TO FIX THE FENCING SO OUR PETS CAN RUN AROUND THE OVAL AND BE SAFE.

THEY HAVE ALSO PUT 3 BINS AROUND, WHICH HAVE A PULLOUT POO BAG DISPENSER FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN TO BRING YOUR OWN.

IF THIS PROBLEM KEEPS OCCURRING, AND OTHER PET OWNERS COMPLAIN TO THE COUNCIL, WE MAY LOOSE THIS OFF THE LEASH PARK.

SOME DOG OWNERS ARE DRIVING TO THE PARK, LETTING THEIR DOG POO, AND THEN JUST DRIVING OFF,THIS IS NOT ON EITHER.

IT WOULD BE A GREAT SHAME FOR THE OTHER OWNERS AND THEIR DOGS, WHO DO THE RIGHT THING, BY PICKING UP THEIR DOG POO AND PLACING IT IN THE BINS PROVIDED.

THIS OVAL IS ALSO USED BY FAMILYS, SPORTS PEOPLE AND OTHER ORGANISATION’S, WHO WISH NOT TO STEP IN YOUR DOG’S POO- THIS PARK IS NOT JUST FOR PEOPLE WITH DOGS!!

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THIS PARK FOR YOUR BELOVED 4-LEGGED FRIEND TO ENJOY, PLEASE TO THE RIGHT THING AND PICKUP YOUR POO!!!!

Got a camera? Take photos.

This!

I have a friend who was babysitting his sister's 2 dogs and he deliberately walked them late at night so he didn't have to pick up their poo. He said it was disgusting. I told him he was disgusting and that I'm sure he would be peeved if he stepped in it and it got stuck to his shoe etc.

I just don't understand this attitude in people. It's common courtesy for your fellow human being.

At the end of the day its the councils job to educate people. They should occasionly visit the park and issue a few fines. Word would soon get out. What do we pay registration for?

I worked one summer for the council in Whangarei NZ doing the beach patrol for dogs on beach during the hours that they were banned. I was mainly there to educate people but had a book to write fines if need be. I didnt give one fine out but talked to a lot of dog owners and everyone soon got the message in a nice way.

Good suggestion kelpiekaye - a few trips by the rangers at different times would be a great way to remind people to do the right thing. I'm also always amazed at the amount of poo that is left in dog parks given that the bags and bins are provided for you. Pure selfishness and laziness in my opinion. It will be these people complaining when the dog parks are closed that it isn't fair. Gosh I wish they would bring in "private parks" where you had membership to a park and had rules etc and they only members all followed the same rules. I would be happy to pay to use facilities like these (I've seen a couple in the US and they are fantastic).

All I can say is don't visit Paris! :)

We live opposite a park that also provides poo bags and bins but you still see people not cleaning up after their dogs. There's no excuse for it but unless they're caught in the act there's not much you can do about it.

I am the person that walks up to the people who don't pick up their dog's poo and promptly hand them a poo bag say very loudly, "Oh, isn't it annoying when you don't have a poo bag to hand".

If they don't pick up their dog's poo then, I say in a very loud voice, "Do you have a problem picking up your dog's poo."

If that doesn't work. I follow them around the park saying to everyone in an EXTREMELY LOUD PENETRATING VOICE did you see that person they don't pick up their dog's poo."

Normally they go and pick up or are never seen at the park again. But hey I do walk GSD's and I can be the sort of person who has no shame in dealing with dirty people. You wonder if they pick up at home???????

this is one of my pet peeves... i will call out to the person and tell them to pick up after their dog.

I make sure I'm say it loud that will get other people's attention, so everyone knows who i'm talking about it and turn to looks at that person. It's a horrible thing to do, but it really annoys me.

I am the person that walks up to the people who don't pick up their dog's poo and promptly hand them a poo bag say very loudly, "Oh, isn't it annoying when you don't have a poo bag to hand".

That is what I do...I take extra bags and find it quite entertaining to see their faces so far no one has not picked up. mabe they worry i will send my big dogs after them :rainbowbridge:

At the end of the day its the councils job to educate people. They should occasionly visit the park and issue a few fines. Word would soon get out. What do we pay registration for?

I worked one summer for the council in Whangarei NZ doing the beach patrol for dogs on beach during the hours that they were banned. I was mainly there to educate people but had a book to write fines if need be. I didnt give one fine out but talked to a lot of dog owners and everyone soon got the message in a nice way.

Absolutely agree and good idea about taking photos although one has to be very careful these days when taking photos of others due to the privacy laws

Saw something pretty funny this morning.

Our cricket oval grounds keeper gave a roll of poo bags to a GSD owner - chatting with the GSD owner who took his eyes momentarily off his dog. Who crapped next to the cricket pitch.

I couldn't believe they're having a conversation over poo bags and neither of them saw the dog do the poo and neither of them were making a move in the right direction to clean it up, so I walked back with my dog (on lead at the time - so she couldn't sneak one out without me noticing) and yelled at the grounds keeper - cos I knew his name and not the other guy. Pointed out the fresh steaming pile - and grounds keeper said "I'm not picking that up". And I point to the other guy and say "it was his dog", you're all good to go with poo bags... and he picked it up.

We're pretty good at our oval helping with spotting. Mine frequently sneaks one out when I'm picking up a "Kharma crap" (the one you pick up so you don't step in it next lap).

Occasionally we get someone who doesn't want to pick up and I pretty much do what Freudhund does. However we do have an owner of two small and somewhat DA jack russells who walks at my fave beach and actually chucked the poo bag I gave her to pick up with INTO THE SEA. I don't think she should be allowed to own dogs the way she treats them either. But I don't know how to get council onto them. If I can get close enough to see if they're wearing their rego tags, I could ring council I suppose. It's a lot easier to get someone for an unregistered dog than not picking up and they're frequently the same people.

freundhund,they wouldn't have to pick it up at home because the lazy sods let their dogs do it every other place except their's.

lablove.

freundhund,they wouldn't have to pick it up at home because the lazy sods let their dogs do it every other place except their's.

lablove.

Yeah...isn't that what the neighbours front lawn is for...so much nicer than our lawn and the dogs love to poo there!!!! :rainbowbridge:

it's one thing to not pick it up- that's bad. But to intentionally take your dog somewhere else to poo then leave without picking it up- terrible!

Indeed. I recall a post here some time back where a Doler tells of a neighbour of hers (across the road I think) who lets his dog out for a toilet early in the morning a lets it go on the next door neighbours lawn. :laugh:

Indeed. I recall a post here some time back where a Doler tells of a neighbour of hers (across the road I think) who lets his dog out for a toilet early in the morning a lets it go on the next door neighbours lawn. :laugh:

I think there are probably quite a few of us like that. I've got an old girl across the road who lets her dog out to shit on other people's lawns. It's really bloody annoying.