Animal Emergency Centre

Animal Emergency Centre

37 Blackburn Rd

Mt Waverley VIC 3149

(03) 9803 8122

* 24 Hour Emergency Service

* Open 7 Days

* Open 24 Hours

Posted in 24 Hour Vets, Birds, Cats, Cattle, Dogs, Emergency Vets, Horses, Melbourne, Melbourne, Melbourne, Mt Waverley, Pigs, Victoria | Tags: 24 Hour Emergency Service, 3149, Mt Waverley, open 24 hours, opern 7 days, VIC

can they get some IV fluids into the dog, even subcutaneous between the rib cage and skin to help the system? Huge fluid loss will concentrate the strychnine

eta Sue I have a veterinary guide to treating Strychnine and it's limited in what you can do. Fluids, flushing, sedation and artificial respiration are your only options with it

Edited by Nekhbet

can they get some IV fluids into the dog, even subcutaneous between the rib cage and skin to help the system? Huge fluid loss will concentrate the strychnine

eta Sue I have a veterinary guide to treating Strychnine and it's limited in what you can do. Fluids, flushing, sedation and artificial respiration are your only options with it

My guess that my info was not all that helpful but I just wanted to try something.

Any news?

Wow! This is some thread. My heart was beating hard just reading it, even though I knew it wasn't in real time.

Glad the dog made it through so far. Hope his organs haven't sustained damage. Must be one hardy dog.

Wow! This is some thread. My heart was beating hard just reading it, even though I knew it wasn't in real time.

Glad the dog made it through so far. Hope his organs haven't sustained damage. Must be one hardy dog.

Same!

Hope there is no long term damage. Guess he must have his body weight on his side too. Poor fella.