Macro Photo's

Frodo's mum

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully I'll be getting a macro lens for Christmas! :D Squeee!

:thumbsup:

This little fellow was in my veggie garden protecting the cauliflower from nasty pests

That is a gorgeous shot :thumbsup: I wish we had frogs around, I haven't seen a single frog since living in Perth, I guess they are around somewhere but certainly not in my dry sandy garden :laugh:

DA and Tawnydal, some lovely shots there :D

No frogs, but all these wee beasties kept me and my camera busy yesterday in the garden :D

A Fluffy Jumper :)

6249078587_f33d61f394_z.jpg

6249606738_f32e065db3_z.jpg

6249606896_cdd96ef9c8_z.jpg

The little lizards are out and about now and apparently hungry, as even a dead dry moth was considered edible!

(click for larger versions)

6249607002_8579eb4462_z.jpg

6249079207_dce36292b5_z.jpg

A pretty shield bug

6249079543_20fb405127_z.jpg

A busy hoverfly.

6249079737_93339cbf59_z.jpg

6249079975_dccb7b6350_z.jpg

Love the wildflowers Tawnydal . I would love to travel around WA just to see the wildflowers

wow they are fantastic shots CC . love the hoverfly . you get such perfect focus

re the frogs . We have been here for 3 years and I have seen only a few frogs . We are finally getting more vegetation so I am hoping it is a good sign that more and more are coming and less and less toads

6249003578_e3887b22b5_z.jpg

Week #41 by mtd3, on Flickr

Edited by MTD

• 10 months later...

ewwww, great shot! :laugh: Thanks for bumping this up.

bit of advice, If I wanted to buy a dedicated macro lens, how do I know which one, there is so many! I will pop a couple in here that I took with the 17 - 70 yesterday and be kind because I haven't got a clue what Im doing. :laugh:

tlc - 100 if you want working distance. 60 if you can get within cms of your subjects. Both rock. Oh, and Canon over the Tamron. Remember there are two versions of the Canon 100 - the new and the old. The old is a cracker and can't be faulted - the new is even better :) Only you can decide if it's worth the extra cash for the new version - I haven't updated, but it will probably be on my list eventually if I start experimenting with a couple of things on my mind for underwater work...

Edited by kja

Nice Pers!

Snook, thanks for the input. Im now wondering what makes a macro lens macro, thats probly a really silly question but I don't understand how it works, obviously the internal workings of the lens. But say I went for the 60mm Macro apart from the 10mm focal length what makes it different than my 50mm?

Ok that makes sense so is it something inside the lens that makes it magnify? Kristin, I know you don't like clicking on links but I'd love your input on which one you think would be ok?

Tamron SP AF60mm F2 Di II LD (IF) 1:1 Macro Lens

Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM Lens

Canon EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro Lens

Sorry I wasn't clear!

Canon 100 if you need some working distance.

100 coz I needed to give them room to move

FEB12_141kja.jpg

FEB12_138kja.jpg

Canon 60 if you're sure you can get close enough. This isn't a great option for flying insects, for example.

60 coz he was pretty much sitting on this plant

JUL12_181kja.jpg

Both are awesome lenses :thumbsup:

Edited by kja