How Do You Report Someone To The Ankc?

Shaar

Shaar, I know who you are talking about in this post, and I have to say when I read the thread I was disappointed that someone who breeds TMs could also breed oodles. :(

Back when I thought they were only breeding the oodles I was disappointed but there was nothing I could do about it. Now I have found out they are doing this... well... if I can get them in trouble I will.

I have e-mailed dogsnsw. Will keep you updated if/when I get a reply.

Gotnuthin: They want to show dogs but they also want to breed their "Moodles" and other mixes... basically they want to have their cake and eat it too.

I believe that every live pup should be registered.

Report them and hoepfully they get kicked out of the CAnine control of the state they are in - disgusting behaviour.

I'm sure this is the case in Victoria

Yep same here. although I think that in WA you can still sell puppies without papers, as in the litter has to be registered, but you can sell them to their new owners without. Bloody silly in my opinion.

Having Limited register and main there is no need to sell a dog without papers.

Report them and hoepfully they get kicked out of the CAnine control of the state they are in - disgusting behaviour.

Yep same here. although I think that in WA you can still sell puppies without papers, as in the litter has to be registered, but you can sell them to their new owners without. Bloody silly in my opinion.

Yes that is the rule in WA :( I would love to know what can be done to change it!

Shaar, I know who you are talking about in this post, and I have to say when I read the thread I was disappointed that someone who breeds TMs could also breed oodles. :)

Back when I thought they were only breeding the oodles I was disappointed but there was nothing I could do about it. Now I have found out they are doing this... well... if I can get them in trouble I will.

I have e-mailed dogsnsw. Will keep you updated if/when I get a reply.

Gotnuthin: They want to show dogs but they also want to breed their "Moodles" and other mixes... basically they want to have their cake and eat it too.

Shaar....if this happening in Tasmania go to the state body. It has nothing to do with Dogs NSW, unless it is happening in that state.

It can be difficult to get through to people that in Australia that we have a trade practices act.

This act allows people to breed dogs, any breed of dog to any other breed of dog should they so wish to do so.

Yes, it makes us sick to hear of such goings on but it is legal.

Before you continue with this matter make sure you are standing on very legal grounds as this could blow up in your face.

We all wish people like this would disappear from the dog world.

We don't need them and they give other registered breeders a bad name as people always want to believe that we are all tared with the one brush.

Do be careful in what ever action you decide to take. ;)

The person lives in NSW. I received e reply from Dogs NSW and they are looking into whether or not they are financial members at the moment.

I have saved all documents and advertisements just incase they decide to delete them so I have proof of what they have been saying. I am not as silly as them apparently.

They were regular posters on this other forum until yesterday when I called them out... now they have just vanished from the radar. Admission of guilt I'd say.

The person lives in NSW. I received e reply from Dogs NSW and they are looking into whether or not they are financial members at the moment.

I have saved all documents and advertisements just incase they decide to delete them so I have proof of what they have been saying. I am not as silly as them apparently.

They were regular posters on this other forum until yesterday when I called them out... now they have just vanished from the radar. Admission of guilt I'd say.

Well done!! If everyone did that, things would be different.

Yes that is the rule in WA :confused: I would love to know what can be done to change it!

not 100% sure, but it seems QLD have similar rules. when i rang them re: wether or not the litter my pup came from was registered, they said yes (but it wasnt until a month after i bought her.

even tho i was paying for a pup that was already registered and would come with papers"!!!!??

apparantly , it is "normal" for breeders to wait up to 12 months before registering a litter,because it can save them money by doing them all in one hit (?) or so the girl i spoke to, told me.

all sounds veryyyyy dodgy to me!

would be worth sending them an email tho... get the ball rolling with investigations.

not 100% sure, but it seems QLD have similar rules. when i rang them re: wether or not the litter my pup came from was registered, they said yes (but it wasnt until a month after i bought her.

even tho i was paying for a pup that was already registered and would come with papers"!!!!??

apparantly , it is "normal" for breeders to wait up to 12 months before registering a litter,because it can save them money by doing them all in one hit (?) or so the girl i spoke to, told me.

all sounds veryyyyy dodgy to me!

would be worth sending them an email tho... get the ball rolling with investigations.

That's odd - in Vic it is a LOT more expensive to register puppies once they are 3 months or older

Breeders have 18 months to register a litter - nothing dodgy about it. the regs allow them to that and sometimes that suits them. Its simply a different method of operating. If I have someone who wants to show or who needs the papers for what ever reason asap then I put them through straight away but if Im waiting to see if one pans out and is good enough for main register/breeding Im likely to wait a while rather than put that on main or limited and have to change them over - I take my time.

I usually let the new owner name them so if one is here for a bit longer I wait until they are all sold.

You also have to be careful about what you think is going on. I know of breeders who register all puppies as they are required to do via the regs but they dont give the rego papers. So even though all puppies are registered all puppies are not sold with papers. Other breeders will sell a pup without rego papers and give a copy of the registered pedigree.

Much of this came to attention when we launched our new registry.Some breeders contacted us and were concerned that we would allow their limited registered dogs to be placed on our main register and used for breeding and several said they sell with or without papers even though they are all registered and others said they only ever give copies of papers for limited registered dogs.

Point is when you see a breeder advertising with or without papers you cant assume the papers dont exist or will not exist. It isnt necessarily evidence that they are not registering all pups.

Also when you see a breeder breeding both purebred and cross bred dogs you cant assume they are using their registered dogs and proving they are is a very difficult task. If they are not using their purebred dogs to breed cross bred dogs they are not breaching the codes.

One I complained about breeds both pure and cross bred and on investigation turned out she bred purebreds and he bred cross breds - or that was the story. Even if you can prove that one of her purebred dogs sired a litter of cross bred dogs you have to prove the dog didnt just slip one in without the registered owner allowing it deliberately.

Is it not possible to prove parentage of crossbred dogs if parents are dna tested?

A breeder who is in breach of a code because their dog "just slipped one in" should be fined for a breach of the code - this could encourage them to tighten up the management of their breeding stock.

I do not want to belong to a pure bred dog organisation that encourages or at worst turns a blind eye to the breeding of crossbred dogs.

JMO

Went through something similar last year. There is a "breeder" here doing pretty much the same. We had to write a stat dec and send it in. The CCC would not take en email.

It would also be good if you can get better "proof" of this breeder doing what you claim. A post like that on a forum is not a good start. If you have personal emails to and from the breeder then that is better than a public post.

Unfortunately when the stat decs for us were sent in. the breeder was already suspended for other issues, so the CCC cannot act until they become financial again (IE once their suspension is lifted).

I register all my puppies around 6-8 weeks. I have up to this point sold all the puppies by this time and have been able to register all the puppies into the new owner's names.

ETA: It is not hard or difficult to do a transfer to the new owner if the pup is registered to you as yo do not have a buyer at the time of registration. It is also not hard to transfer between Limit/Main registrations. To do limit, you get owner to sign the form and that is sent into the CCCQ along with the ped papers. To go the other way, a mutual letter is done "authorising" the transfer from Limit to Main. (For the example of a pet dog that has turned into something worthy of breeding).

There are certainly options for breeders to stash their puppies and still be legal. Some don't do it because it's EFFORT>

It is also a requirement in Qld to pass on the papers to the owner, and the papers should reflect the same address/owner as the where the dog resides.

I know of breeders who stash their puppies in family pet homes for possible breeding back later on. I know for some the pups are not transferred to the new owners whether in co-ownership or limit to start with to be brought back to main registration later.

All that is not allowed by CCC laws.

For me, I co-own any pup that I want the possibility back for breeding. The last thing I want is someone with a grudge against me to file a complaint for me to have to answer to. It is about protecting my butt!

If the owner decides to desex the dog/bitch. So be it. A name on the paper is not going to stop them. At least as a co-own they cannot legally breed from it. Again if they decide to BYB their dog before or after I get my chance(s), then nothing I can do it stop it either.

I know of another breeder up Nth Queensland who is a judge, and was selling purebreds (and listing they do not come with papers) on another free website. They also breed registered dogs here. Both against the rules here in Qld.

Edited by Mystiqview