K9 Pro Crates

GoldenGirl85

Ask about the zips. I have a cheapie which has small toothed zips that failed early. The more expensive one...(can't remember the name...N something) has nice big teeth on the zips and has lasted much much longer.

thanks guys!! I know the lady who sells the Royales - at least i think she does she had rotties and her car has stickers for the crates?? dont know ... oh well ill contact her and see where she si for pick up :laugh::)

Noz-2-Noz bedazzledx2 they make soft crates.

I have 2 K9+ soft crates and they are the ones I have used for the last couple of years for training and trials and still seem to be going ok.

Edited by ness

I heard a rumour that K9 Pro might be getting crates in with flaps in the side, might be worth asking them.

What do you mean? the current crates already have doors in the front, one side, and the top...or are you not talking about the doors?

I heard a rumour that K9 Pro might be getting crates in with flaps in the side, might be worth asking them.

What do you mean? the current crates already have doors in the front, one side, and the top...or are you not talking about the doors?

No I mean how you have the flaps that can roll down and cover the doors - it's the reason why I bought the K9 Royale crate (GREAT crate too btw) because Daisy does better when she's totally covered.

No I mean how you have the flaps that can roll down and cover the doors - it's the reason why I bought the K9 Royale crate (GREAT crate too btw) because Daisy does better when she's totally covered.

ahhhh i think you mean the awnings Huski?

I know with my royale2 i can have just the mesh, with the awning rolled up, so there is more visibility,

or i can have the awning rolled down, so it's not transparent, i suppose like awnings on any house window :laugh:

Edited by oonga

Oooh good because that was basically the deciding factor between the two...Ill email him :laugh:

My k9 royales can stand up to an enthusistic spinone. she can also undo the front zip around the door... so I have to tie it shut. :laugh: the mesh is great and strong. mine love to see out so I leave awnings up. love the 'bags' and also the storage bag that comes with the crates. I've had my crates for about 3 years with silly gundogs and no issues at all, oh, except sometimess the cats use them as scratching posts, but they have even stood up to this!!! no 'pulls' in the material :confused:

My k9 royales can stand up to an enthusistic spinone. she can also undo the front zip around the door... so I have to tie it shut. :laugh: the mesh is great and strong. mine love to see out so I leave awnings up. love the 'bags' and also the storage bag that comes with the crates. I've had my crates for about 3 years with silly gundogs and no issues at all, oh, except sometimess the cats use them as scratching posts, but they have even stood up to this!!! no 'pulls' in the material :confused:

My boy (a mini schnauzer cross, so not a strong dog) ripped through the mesh of my k9 Royale crate. I was doing agility with this sister for the first time and he was crated - little bugger wouldn't have a bar of it and ate his way out!

My boy (a mini schnauzer cross, so not a strong dog) ripped through the mesh of my k9 Royale crate. I was doing agility with this sister for the first time and he was crated - little bugger wouldn't have a bar of it and ate his way out!

This is one of my concerns my JRT doesn't like to be crated, I know nothing is 100% stable but I want the strongest possible

This is one of my concerns my JRT doesn't like to be crated, I know nothing is 100% stable but I want the strongest possible

Then get a wire crate. Soft crates are (well should be) only for crate trained dogs, not ones that you are unsure will try and rip their way out.

Honestly I don't know why people buy soft crates when they know their dog will try and get out, a crate is for the dogs protection as well as everyone elses.

tollersowned, my boy is crate trained and loves the crate. It took him all of 5 ins to break out to join us on the agility field. That is why I suggested a wire crate to the OP. The only reason I posted was because other posts implied that soft crates can withstand scratching and dogs trying to get out.

Sorry, my post wasn't directed at you but at GoldenGirl who said her dog doesn't like to be crated. :laugh:

She is fine in a soft crate, she does claw at the mesh sometimes which is why I want something durable, if I was that worried about her getting out then yes I would lug around a wire one, but I'm not, I just need one that I know wont give easily if she does claw at it, she had never destroyed a crate yet and I don't see that happening

What did you find difficult about it?

Trying to get the bar into the plastic bar thingy, its like the material of the crate was a little bit too tight and i found it hard to strech the bars apart to fit the metal bar into the plastic slider thing, if that makes sense. :hug:

Its a good crate though.

Edited by melt

thanks guys!! I know the lady who sells the Royales - at least i think she does she had rotties and her car has stickers for the crates?? dont know ... oh well ill contact her and see where she si for pick up :D:)

Yep Kirst you do know her, probably through herding or on the show scene. Dyzney (dol name) owns K9 Soft Crate and lives down the Mornington Pennisula way.

I have one for Bronte (Royale2) and its excellent! Great quality and all the features you could ever wish for, including being idiot proof to set up and pack away - I'm a living testament to that. I'm very close to ordering one for Ren too. :hug:

Edited by SmoothieGirl

I don't think any soft crate will withstand any determination to get out. Poppy (who is crate trained) found it offensive to be in the crate at the last herding clinic I did and she ripped the mesh and the canvas along the bottom of a K9 Soft Crate. Not the crates fault.

I have two of the K9Pro crates and they are absolutely wonderful plus they come with a great article on exactly how to condition your dog to the crate so that it will not be trying to get out but rather keen to actually get in!