Food Names

sandgrubber

The count is in and an overwhelming majority think human names are fine. (The only human name I object to is my own. . . it's distracting to have your name yelled across a dog park :D ).

Does anyone else find food names objectionable? (Ok, I've had chocolate Labs, and the tendency to certain food names gets boring).

Edited by sandgrubber

The count is in and an overwhelming majority think human names are fine. (The only human name I object to is my own. . . it's distracting to have your name yelled across a dog park :D ).

Does anyone else find food names objectionable? (Ok, I've had chocolate Labs, and the tendency to certain food names gets boring).

I have no objection to food names at all. Anything is better than Bella, Bonnie, Molly, Jess, Tyson, Max. These come through the door all day everyday.

I know a dog called Hershey who absolutely looks it! No objections to food names here.

Although I do get asked fairly often if Carl is named after Carl Williams (:laugh:), and Mischa after Mischa Barton. :D

Edited by halfthewords

I was going to call my Dane Martini because her legs reminded me of a martini glass that was stopped when someone suggested Martina Navratalova, her name is Sparkles and yes she is a Dane and her name suits her as she is the life of the party. No objections to food/drink names here.

I think food names are great :D Not a fan of people names though. Don't like common names.

A friend of mine has a dacshund named "Chip" (as in Chipolata.. sausage dog :o )

We have had dogs in at the kennels named Muffin, choco, porridge, peanut, sugar, toffee, milo, coffee. The list is endless.

I've always wanted to have a "Latte" and "Mocha" and "Chino" :o

Edited by boxagirl

Our dogs are named after food - Jindi for cheese and Henschke for wine (wine and cheese as the two go so well together).

Previous dogs also had cheese names, Stilton for a Kerry Blue and Tilba for a Lab.

At work there is a forum and a little Daschund is called Snickers. It's so adorable and suits the name perfectly.

My dogs have human names, Clyde, Ryan and Arizona, all except for Dozer and he already had that name when we got him.

We had two ratties called Felix and Prince, sadly Prince is now RIP but we have a new baby rattie and my daughter has named him Milkshake :o Previously we had pet mice called Freddo and Caramello :o

My daughter is the one who has chosen the food names, she seems to have a liking for them :D

Edited by Daisy

Hmm, no, never had a dog with a food based name butI've heard of other dogs (sorry, spelling probably wrong) called 'Tutti Frutti", "Pistachio " ; "Cherry"; "Sorbet" "Muffin"; "Mango"; "Waffles" ; "Callebaut" and "Caramel" "Peanut"........think that's it.

I hear of a clever names like the following, I wish my imagination was a bit bettter: "Our dogs are named after food - Jindi for cheese and Henschke for wine (wine and cheese as the two go so well together).

Previous dogs also had cheese names, Stilton for a Kerry Blue and Tilba for a Lab."