Urgent Dog In Distress

Staffyluv

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would like to thank everyone on DOL who has supported us for the last nearly 6 years while we have been dealing with his cancer...

Not sure I would be sane without you lot :eek:

I saw this last night and couldnt post, i was too scared for the poor old man

I am so glad he is ok, give him a hug for me :mad

As you probably know ruptured internal tumors cause severe pain and internal bleeding causing the gums to go pale, dog hides, weak in the hind, very still etc but still have a slight appetite. Tum can fill with blood and look a little bloated. Once the tumors stop bleeding they seem to go back to normal for a while until they rupture again with the same symptoms. If there is a big bleed out they will pant excessively and become faint, shutting the eyes.

I observed all of this with my precious man. Was so awful and hard. I hope this isnt your situation, he sounds like a wonderful dog. Good luck with it all and fingers crossed for good results. I know of a few others from here who had very similar situations also.

I am glad Ollie is feeling better. I too have had to deal with Cancer and found the supportive massages and rescue remedy a great back-up. Sadly you can only support and make them fell as well as possible. Wishing Ollie well :laugh:

Update today - the old man is in hospital, we put him in this morning..

It looks like pancreatitis again - I don't know how?? I monitor what he eats... He eats human grade (heart smart, so low fat) meats and veg... He has a few supplements and he gets a dentstick to chew everyday because he won't eat anything raw anymore (they are low in fat, I just checked the packet)...

Unless one of the new neighbours are giving him something, I can't work it out...

Will update when I know more - fingers crossed again please :)

poor old fella. It may now not be triggered by eating something - perhaps with multiple problems , his system is just getting tired? :o

:)

My thoughts exactly Pers... I have thought it for a while but he still loves his walk and usually his dinner...

Will wait and see what the vet says tomorrow - he is in overnight at least on a drip..

Off to take his blanket and pillow down so he is comfy