Vicsta81 Needs Some Help

Steve

Is the issue moving stuff out of the house? What are you trying to move? Furniture? Cars?

Thats a major part of the issue - but there are complications which are private and the removalist is there right now and the car movers any time now.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I broke down in Adelaide it cost me $150 to have the car towed a fair way (from near Mansfield Park to outside of Blackwood), I just got the number from the yellow pages, might be a cheaper way to move them.

We went after the best price and contacted half dozen to be sure we could get it done for the best price in the time frame. Couldnt do any better than we have.

It was about $200 each x 3 from memory. Some of them wanted $1600 plus so we thought we did pretty well. Its not as simple as picking them up as yours was off the side of the road and its going to take em a while to be able to even load them let alone get them to where they have to go. Insurance was an issue too, they are not registered but worth a lot of money.

$200 each isn't too bad, but I'd laugh in the face of anyone wanting $1600, what a joke.

Most of them wanted around that. We were starting to worry this one was too cheap so might be a bit dodgey. :) But honestly it is a big job and not as simple as it sounds when you just say move 3 cars.

Julie and everyone else you are doing a great job just keeping my fingers crossed it all works out and everything gets moved in time.

:thumbsup: Vicsta81

thank you.

We have had a huge day today and poor Jaxxbuddy is dead on her feet - started at 8am and just finishing now but the furniture is now nice and safe in storage. Its been an enormous task. Whew!

Tomorrow the cars are being moved out - just in time to beat the clock.

Still looking for a short term foster carer in Adelaide for an entire boy too.

Also in case any of you didnt know we have streamlined the whole fundraising thing a bit so if any one is interested we would be happy to provide you with approvals to fundraise for us - we provide all insurances for you too - public liability and volunteers insurance to cover you while you are helping us. You can even incorporate it in with your own fundraising for your own individual clubs.

http://www.mdbapacers.org.au/index.php?Itemid=67

I know it's a long shot, but I'll be in Adelaide in 2.5 weeks. If you still need foster care then I will be able to help out. Unfortunately can't do anything either physically or financially until then.

I know it's a long shot, but I'll be in Adelaide in 2.5 weeks. If you still need foster care then I will be able to help out. Unfortunately can't do anything either physically or financially until then.

The way its going we may have to look at a boarding kennel for the boy so you never know we may still need you then.

It depends on how long its going to take for Vic to have pet friendly accommodation.

Since we called for help we have received $2585.00 - Thank you ! We have paid out about $4250.00 and though there will be some expenses depending on how long before the dog can go home in comparison its minimal. Ebay and the Mothers Day Raffle will add some over the next week.

It might be a good time to remind you all though that this is one and a couple of others you have watched play out a bit because they have been dogz members but at any given time we have up to 60 animals in foster care and we help with food and various other things to help people keep their animals.We sometimes feed over 100 animals per week.

Usually our help goes up to 12 weeks but now and then we have had to extend that due to extended recovery time etc after an accident.

Just over Easter we had this one and 2 others in 3 different states which were urgent which wrote off any hope of 4 of us spending much holiday time with our families.Thank fully this was the only one which needed much outlay.

No one at Pacers gets paid wages though sooner or later in the distant future that has to change because the work load is huge and gets bigger every day and its preventing some of us from earning much of a living of our own now

Each time I go to thank you all - all of you from the ones who offer support,donate an item, sometimes which you have not only spent money on the materials but sweat over making them up, or buy a raffle ticket to the ones who live through some of the more interesting :clap: cases with us - open your homes to strange animals and put yourselves out to help strangers, the ones who go in with us and literally get covered in shit to sort out a client it feels in-adequate. I struggle to find the words to be able to explain how very much what you do is appreciated and how much impact it all has on people and their animal's lives. This is 100% the biggest challenge for me - being able to convey that appreciation with sincerity so the people Im saying thank you to know that its not just something you say as sign of good manners and that it means so very much more. Thank you.

Julie