Vicsta81 Needs Some Help

Steve

Steve, I messaged your last night. I can take one adult dog and can drive anywhere within Adelaide metro and south country (Victor Harbor/Yankalilla) for transport. I messaged you my number as I don't want to put it publicly on DOL - however you can contact at [email protected] or, if you visit http://leemakennels.com/contact.shtml my number is on there.

I can also store one unregistered car for a month or two if it can be transported here. I am in Happy Valley

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 fed and happy elkies curled up in Piper's borrowed crate, sound asleep.

MANY thanks to KHM for picking them up for me, and to Piper for the crate loan!

This is great news! Do hope all the pickups/deliveries and other activities are going smoothly today. It's a fabulous effort by so many DOLers - good on you all, and Steve for your coordination efforts. :laugh:

I also just want to thank Julie/Steve for her massive coordination efforts. This hasn't been easy (and it's still going on) and I don't think anyone realises what a huge job this is. However, things are well on their way to being sorted.

Hi

I hope things are going well .... does anyone know what needs to be done still ??

Steve , I cant remember how to get to my inbox .. and will have to dash off but can check DOL through the day . So if you need help pls update thread i will continue to check , and i am sure others are also keeping an eye on this

Well done to all DOL ers who have assisted , a great effort :laugh:

Massive well done to Julie and team, I can guess Julie has been on the phone & computer for the last 48 hours non stop.

Great work to all those on location :-)

Vic, we are thinking of you here too.

fifi xxx

O.K. Within reason this is where we are at.

All of the dogs had to be removed by 9.30 this morning so Liberty rescue and Sharpei Rescue P/L have simply grabbed them and gotten them out and we will now have to move them around from their premises etc.

There are some un expected challenges specifically with the dogs but we will sort it out.

We have been able to negotiate another week to get the furniture and cars out - at a considerable cost.We will need a car trailer with a hoist, a storage location, a furniture removalist. We have one hero legal person who has agreed to help us pro bono but we will need to help Vic with lodgement expenses and fees to get it sorted. Thats before we start looking at vetting, feeding , transport etc for the dogs.

So Im now asking for anyone who is in a position to make a donation to help us out with this to consider giving us a hand as pacers is a small charity and we dont have large stashes of cash to draw on. Right now we need around $5000 to get done what is needed short term to do what is needed.

So perhaps if 100 people could donate $50 each to help cover this - that would be awesome.

Stay tuned because Ill start to say when for volunteers for packing, moving cars etc.

I have a train carriage that can be used for storage but we are at Inglewood (near Modbury), we are not back until late Saturday night and due to heaps of commitments can not help move anything but if the stuff can be brought up after this I am happy for it to be put in the carriage.

We have a 10x5 cage trailer and a car trailer that may be able to be borrowed when we return, however I haven't asked my partner about those yet unless they are needed as they are both new and are his.

Hi all,

we now have 4 Elkhounds washed & settled into the kennels.

I am putting out the call now as i have to have at least TWO relocated to more permanent care by the end of FRIDAY 29th. All four would be great, but at least two.

I can be contacted on 0488 669 992 or 08 8569 2492 and am located at Mannum. I can possibly help with transport.

As we are a rescue that takes genuine time up poundies, our kennels are needed again for pound dogs asap

Thankyou

Tammy

I have a train carriage that can be used for storage but we are at Inglewood (near Modbury), we are not back until late Saturday night and due to heaps of commitments can not help move anything but if the stuff can be brought up after this I am happy for it to be put in the carriage.

We have a 10x5 cage trailer and a car trailer that may be able to be borrowed when we return, however I haven't asked my partner about those yet unless they are needed as they are both new and are his.

thank you

I will be back to you

Do we know how long the dogs will need fostering for? I can possibly take one short term, but if at all possible would like an indication of how long it will be, I am so sorry if this sounds rude I am not meaning to be.... :thumbsup:

2 fed and happy elkies curled up in Piper's borrowed crate, sound asleep.

MANY thanks to KHM for picking them up for me, and to Piper for the crate loan!

You are more than welcome!! It seems the least I can do. With a pregnant dog, I can't take a dog on, I don't have many spare dollars and with work donation of time is not easy. So giving the use of a crate is nothing really compared to what others are doing.

I would love to do more to help if I could.

Awesome effort everyone involved!!

I believe that all dogs are in a foster situation at the moment (i.e. there is no dogs at risk of being 'taken away' by the council or other groups).

Some dogs, like those being held by DBT, are in temporary care searching for more long-term care.

I have an elkhound here, doing well, very tolerant of the terrier chaos, and very happy to be having a nap in her crate at the moment. A lovely temperament. :thumbsup: I went for the short drive with Miss Squish and the other elkies we picked up were similarly lovely, as well. Lovely dogs all around and hopefully a more permanent solution can be found for all of them. Meanwhile, they're safe and sound.