Why Did You Join Dogzonline?

-Megz-

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a new puppy, and was deeply worried about what I'd gotten myself into. Of course I couldn't reveal this to anyone I actually knew, after campaigning for said puppy for years, so I turned to dogzonline.

My dog is my passion and there's a lot of people here with a lot of good information that have helped both my dog and I to get the most out of our relationship.

My sister was a member a couple of years before I joined...she recommended to me at the time to check Dol out when I first brought Bailey home, as I was interested in crate training ect..I didn't even know Dol existed before that, & became instantly hooked. I can't believe how much I have learnt in the 3 years I've been a member. :)

Back in '06 i was still new to the internet and had been searching for bull terrier breeders or people to talk to about bull terriers for about a year or so before i found DOL. I used to go into crappy random chat rooms and ask if anyone liked bull terriers :rofl:

I had been rescuing for a couple of months and rescued my first pregnant dog and needed information. I googled and came up with Cordelia's Canine Rescue and rang Jacq. She gave me LOOOOAAAADDDDDS of information and also told me about DOL. Fast-forward until now and DOL is part of my life. Sad but true..... :rofl:

I heard about it from other members, was already a member of a GSD forum which comprised 99% American and Canadian members. Whilst I loved the other forum, I wanted something which could hold more relevance to me being an Aussie. So I joined DOL. Has been wonderful especially not having to use online converter to understand the temperature and weight :laugh:, and also love seeing and hearing about the Australian dog scene, things which are relevant to us, and finding out about great products. Also love learning from others.

I joined because I fell inlove with a puppy in a pet shop, so I went home and researched the breed (maltese x bichon) which led me here to a post on why not to buy pet shop dogs and why to buy pedigree pure bred dogs!! Now with much disgust from both sides of the family (why would you spend $1200 on a puppy, what if it dies etc.), we are getting our pup in mid August :)

Any ideas on how to comeback to such negative reactions? One family member said 'i can get you a beagle for free' and another has said 'get it off the trading post or out of the newspaper' Grr...

I joined because I fell inlove with a puppy in a pet shop, so I went home and researched the breed (maltese x bichon) which led me here to a post on why not to buy pet shop dogs and why to buy pedigree pure bred dogs!! Now with much disgust from both sides of the family (why would you spend $1200 on a puppy, what if it dies etc.), we are getting our pup in mid August :)

Any ideas on how to comeback to such negative reactions? One family member said 'i can get you a beagle for free' and another has said 'get it off the trading post or out of the newspaper' Grr...

You could say something along the lines of "The price is worth it for a clear conscience." :D Then educate them on the perils of BYB's and puppy farms!