Accidents With Dogs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking down the stairs. As I am about 3 from the bottom, my "darling" Maui jumps on the back of my knees, sending me down the stairs. Thankfully I was able to recover and "jump" down..

Little bugger, I swear hes out to get me sometimes :)

Chasing my beagle when she was a puppy up the hallway as she had stolen my knickers. Just then the cat went between my legs as i was running and he was followed by my cocker spaniel. My legs went into different directions and I ended up on crutches for 3 weeks.

Best part is I was in the nude when this happened as I'd just gotten out the shower and I fell spread eagled in front of the lounge room window with the curtains open!

I was taking washing out to the line and tripped over one of the dogs. I ended up breaking the head off my elbow and had to have surgery. Was not fun at all.

Just a couple of days ago I was walking in the front door and had a very excited Dobermann greeting me and I kicked him if the foot. My toe was purple and swollen immediately, it's still a little tender and a nice shade of pink atm.

this morning, he tripped me over with his leash. bruised knee, elbow and scraped palms.

i regularly get body slammed (on purpose) by Oberon. Results in fat lip, black eye, bruised ribs etc fairly regularly. He seems to think its funny.

Chipped collar bone from tripping over a Poodle, black eye from an over-enthusiastic GSP, badly gashed leg from being dragged by another ratbag Poodle into a sharp edge of decking :(

Not to mention arms covered in tiny little scars from many needle-sharp puppy teeth :laugh:

Broken arm when Casper yanked me off my feet...I'd hate to think what would have happened if he wasn't wearing a halter!

Shattered ego everytime I landed on my butt or knees trying to hold back 2x35kg dogs. Thankfully after about 7 years I worked out how to control them AND stay on my feet (except for the arm breaking time :o )

Doesn't compare to some of these other stories though!

Broken arm from falling over (yes while running in the house like I was not allowed to when I was a child :o ) my Mal and hitting the door jamb.

My mum wouldn't let me ride my horse until I got the cast off, so I took it off myself. Got my arse kicked for that one :o:laugh::laugh:

I am waiting for the day I got head over heels in the ring, although I am sure the only thing that will be broken is my pride :laugh::laugh:

However that is nothing compared to my 'horse' injuries which have included, two broken legs, three broken ribs, a broken jaw, two broken arms including one that was pinned, plated and stapled back together, one broken hand, a broken foot, a broken norty finger, my four top teeth taken out and countless broken tootsies, concussions and bruises not to mention being knocked out for 45 minutes after a fall from a thoroughbred filly. Luckily for my litte red headed Arabs I love them lots :heart:

:rofl::rofl: @ claireybell

Various fang holes, a chipped tooth, plenty of brusings, scratched eyeball (this one hurt like hell Dr told me it was a pretty serious scratch too. Drops in the eye every hour for 24 hours), mild concussion (that's what happens when you zigged when you should have zagged).

I think I've got off pretty lightly! (so far).

Stuffed back, but that wasn't any of my animals.

Concussion and a HUGE haematoma on my eybrow that hung down infront of my eye! Sprained cruciate, teeth holes, bruises right down the length of my calves, from nail scratched while swimming, that took ages to go away and hurt like hell!

Many bruised Knees, shins and hands.

My friends takes the cake a little though. Had her GSD off lead at the beach, looked behind and marvelled at the exquisite picture that was her GSD opened out at full speed. Turned her head for around 20 seconds and GSD leaped at her at full speed from behind hitting her at hip height, face first into firm sand breaking her arm right up at the ball end of the bone. Cat scan a few weeks later revealed the ball is in around 5 to 6 pieces and that a full shoulder replacement is probably the best way to go! OUch!

My friends takes the cake a little though. Had her GSD off lead at the beach, looked behind and marvelled at the exquisite picture that was her GSD opened out at full speed. Turned her head for around 20 seconds and GSD leaped at her at full speed from behind hitting her at hip height, face first into firm sand breaking her arm right up at the ball end of the bone. Cat scan a few weeks later revealed the ball is in around 5 to 6 pieces and that a full shoulder replacement is probably the best way to go! OUch!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!! :eek:

I have rescued a semi conscious aquaintance at the dog club.. her Boxer knocked her over and broke her collarbone.

Broken nose was one incident.

4 stitches in leg from falling on star picket whilst emptying dogs another.

Mind you these pale in comparison to the injuries I have sustained from horses over the years. :laugh:

Edited by dyzney