Accidents With Dogs

clairey bell :rofl: sorry i had to laugh sorry you were in crutches though :o

well i was playing gotchya bum game with my 2 so i was running around the house, i turned and slipped my foot just went out from under me, i was lucky i didnt hit my head on the tiles, but i have a very sore knee, i had to lie there for a min cause i would have passed out if i had gotten up straight away :o

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh golly ouch.. some of these stories have had me laughing well & truly.. mine are pretty pale really lol.

when I was about 8 years old the dog we were babysitting & I were rough housing on the lounge room floor, he ended up slamming into my face & bent my glasses, I snuck upstairs to try & fix them only to break them clean across the nose band.. mum asked me why I wasn't wearing my glasses when I came back downstairs, I think I said something along the lines of I don't feel like wearing them.. got my butt well & Truly kicked over that one.. :)

then when I was about 12 or 13 I threw my back out while playing a game of chasings with the dog, was running up the hall then through the kitchen door, into the lounge room, & then tripped over both dog & door jam from the lounge room back into the hall way & did a massive body plant into the wall at a fairly bad angle, was fairly dazed, winded & I couldn't move.. :) no lasting damage from that one though..

& yup I've done more damage while getting onto horses than anything else, otherwise nothing really major with my dogs :)

Dislocated knee from running in show ring.

Bad fricton burn across the back of the neck after he raced past me, caught the end of the leather lead which was around my neck and pulled it at very high speed.

Black eye.

Top of foot is constantly bruised from having a 60kg who stands on it several times a day!

Um i hit my head on tiles when i was head butted by a rotti trying to give me a cuddle - she was rather excited

Same rotti nearly broke my knee on 2 separate occasions, knees are not meant to bend backwards like a birds!

I have had a couple os split lips from heads hitting me in the mouth

I have a scar on my leg from my parents JRT's claw

I also had a tooth through a nail from my JRT

I was taking washing out to the line and tripped over one of the dogs. I ended up breaking the head off my elbow and had to have surgery. Was not fun at all.

Just a couple of days ago I was walking in the front door and had a very excited Dobermann greeting me and I kicked him if the foot. My toe was purple and swollen immediately, it's still a little tender and a nice shade of pink atm.

I came home to a very excited doberman myself one day, but made the mistake of leaning down and trying to hug him. Well his head suddenly shot up and whacked my own, and I felt like I nearly lost a tooth. That same tooth went half way through my lip - which is not an attractive injury to say the least.

I have a black bruise on my toe nail from where he stepped on me. Once when we were swimming together his paw came down hard in a stroke across the back of my leg, and I had a massive bruise that took literally weeks to heal.

So, moral of the story is, dobermans are made out of rock and can hurt you very badly without meaning to...

Having Great Danes, it's a given you'll have accidents!

Fat lips, split lips, black eyes, bruised feet etc.

Last week I was going down 4 steps with a bone and 3 Danes followed me down, all excited, I arsed over and ended up on the ground with 3 excited Danes thinking it was an awesome game.

I have been head-butted in the forehead - man dogs heads are hard! Knocked over by a running dog taking out my legs, a few fat lips, numerous scratches, and a scar on my hand from a bite when I was breaking up a fight :(

Torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus damage doing jumping at Sydney Royal. Full knee recon after than :cry:

Last turn before the run to the finish line, bad pivot and snap! Thank Dog the dog had a good send on command and did the last 4 jumps by herself. We still got 3rd place YAY.

Oh and the time I was drunk and was dared....hmmmm no, that wasn't the dogs fault :laugh:

broken finger[ required operation and 3 screws ] torn achilles , twisted pretty much every joint i have , bruises and abrasions , scratches and bumps. I have tripped fallen and been taken out in one way or another all my life by dogs :rofl:

Nothing broken here and nothing near as serious as everyone elses but

Phoenix dislocated my Dog Trainers knee a few weeks back (lucky his knee has done it before and it just popped back in on its own)

I have had:

Multiple scratches from hydrotherapy in a pool (OUCHY it friggin hurts when they scratch your legs while swimming)

Lots of bruises on my shins from tails

Been whacked in the face and the eye by tails

Headbutted by Keira's huge hard head

Once day I was sitting on the grass at the park with Keira and she jumped up and started barking at a dog that went past a little way away but in the process had her back foot on one of my legs and put huge gashes in my legs with her nails, that hurt for ages, I could barely walk!

Lots of near bad accidents (like almost being pulled down the set of stairs outside my house) but so far I have been really lucky!!

Mine is bad. Rescue pup (who never left) went under my feet while I was carrying a huge basket of wet washing. I fell butt first onto the concrete. I then developed an abcess on the base of my spine which started leaking. The most hideous pain I have ever experienced for 3 or so weeks. A bit like an alien trying to burst out of my body. I had late night emergency surgery and then drains in for 7 weeks before having more surgery to put some experimental pigs bits into the gaping hole the abcess left behind. I was off work for three months and could either only lie on one side or stand for the entire time. Even better it chewed through a third of my core body muscles and as I get older I will get incontinent from both ends! YAY!

The dog in question is now heading on to 4 years old and she is my heart dog so I would forgive her anything!

Mine is bad. Rescue pup (who never left) went under my feet while I was carrying a huge basket of wet washing. I fell butt first onto the concrete. I then developed an abcess on the base of my spine which started leaking. The most hideous pain I have ever experienced for 3 or so weeks. A bit like an alien trying to burst out of my body. I had late night emergency surgery and then drains in for 7 weeks before having more surgery to put some experimental pigs bits into the gaping hole the abcess left behind. I was off work for three months and could either only lie on one side or stand for the entire time. Even better it chewed through a third of my core body muscles and as I get older I will get incontinent from both ends! YAY!

The dog in question is now heading on to 4 years old and she is my heart dog so I would forgive her anything!

Jesus, that takes the cake! You are lucky to be around to tell the story by the sounds. Poor thing. How aweful.

Having Great Danes, it's a given you'll have accidents!

Fat lips, split lips, black eyes, bruised feet etc.

Last week I was going down 4 steps with a bone and 3 Danes followed me down, all excited, I arsed over and ended up on the ground with 3 excited Danes thinking it was an awesome game.

:rofl::rofl: Sorry, where's the movie camera when you need one!

Probably the most stupid-looking injury was a bleeding claw scratch from just under my eye to my jaw, caused by one of my family's boxers going completely off the wall when I picked up his injured mum. I had a job interview later that day. Didn't get the job for some reason!

One of my friends has several missing teeth from tripping over her brother-in-law's cocker spaniel and colliding face-first with a chair.

I didn't for one minute think of the suffering some of you have undergone..all in the name of devotion to your animals. Some of the accidents have been awful - but as most of you say, it's somehow worth it because you all love your dogs so much..you should all be proud of being that caring and compassionate that you can accept that what has occurred is not your dog/s fault...I feel quite privileged to 'sit' amongst you.

The worst injury was a broken toe on New Years Eve from stepping over a sleeping dog. He put his head up just as I was stepping over him with no shoes on and I connected with his head. It was payback for having him desexed at Christmas time :rolleyes:

IMGP7830.jpg

Edited by grumpette