The Importance Of A Kennel's Name

Summersaint

"Goneroamin" - actually saw "Dunroamin" on a house sign and liked that so included that with a couple of other choices and of course "Goneroamin" which was what i got. You would not believe how hard some people think it is to pronounce. :rofl:

I used the collective creative minds of DOL to come up with my prefix lol. I provided a bit of info, my name dogs names breed etc. I didnt get my first choice but im soo glad i dindt now cos it was really breed specific and now I am showing a different breed! My prefix is Karindi. Kar - Karma my first golden indi -a nick ive used online forever. I didnt think it up but i really like it :)

My first ever Belgian's show name was his prefix followed by 'Midnight Star' and at the time I only had one child and the last three letters of her name are ara so I combined the two and got 'Midniara'

I was lucky that I got my first choice because I really had my heart set on it and would've bee crushed if I didn't get it.

Edited by ~Midniara~

i dont have one yet but i have one in mind its a bit complicated so bare with me bahaha...

My mum's maiden name is French and is spelt Herauville however it is pronounced Erravia... i loved this but its soo many letters and will make future names hard... and NOOOBODY would prnouce it the way i wanted bahaha so i was thinking i might just make it Erravia... i think its really pretty and reminds me of my late grandparents whom i miss greatly and currently own their JRT...

Mine is the end of my name and the end of my first ever Aussie Shepherd's name, Sayly (-say from Lyndsay and -ly from Holly). I don't plan on breeding from Holly but she's incredibly special to me and I wanted to have her as part of my prefix for the years to come, she is my introduction to Aussies and an absolute dream of a dog.

I also love it because it's short and feminine and I love the sound of it.

I won't use it for a few years yet but once I came up with it I had to have it. It was my first choice. :)

I have a bitch called Sway and it was in honor of her, I didn't think the prefix NawtyNawts was a good one. :laugh:

My pet hate with prefixes

Anything with the world Blue or Staff in it, as there is a heaps of them! - examples BluStaff, MicksStaff etc

And with a breed name in it - XXXXDane - XXXXDane Great Danes doesn't really flow :laugh:

Not to mention when they change breeds and keep the same prefix.

i like urs parkeyre!! i saw when u were searching and came up with it and though hrmm why cant i think of something like that hahah i was going to go with someone and brae on the end.. scottish breed..

Thankyou. :) I like it too! Bit of a fluke. I wanted "Aussome" and "Bonaus" but now tottally love Parkeyre since thinking of it. :)

Goodluck with yours!

Bisart was the first ever registered Dobermann Bitch & the foundation bitch of our breed. (To those before us we owe all we have :)).

I am constantly amused when people who have been in the breed forever tell me they have worked out where we got our prefix from :rofl: .

years and years ago when I had German Shepherds I made up a prefix from their names, never thought I would end up breeding greyhounds, it was my first choice; Brantarby - Brandy, Tara, Abby and it doesn't include the name of my best GSD ever Zoe

all the preferences I put in for were to do with my name.

My surname is to do with water.... so I had thought of a few things like smirr (which is scottish gaelic for rain) and mist etc

my first initial is j - worked out how to make that into a syllable and so..... jaemist. It is basically my name. was my third or fourth preference. I quite like it now.

Well Mine wasn't my first preference but it has grown on me.

I have Whippets, one day we were all down the front paddock in the sand hole and they start do flat out zoomies. I thought to myself in awe ( I LOVE watching them at full speed)my god they are fast, hence OSoSwift. If I was ever to breed Bassets or something it wouldn't work - but it workes for Whippets.

My orininal choices included Sea as we have vast ocean views and Rommi is Lil Sea Urchin, but alas it wasn't to be.