Wife Kills Husband While Trying To Shoot Puppy

Panto

Why would you shoot at a dog someone was holding that was not attacking them?Unless you werent really aiming for the dog.

Have to agree with you the dog was no longer a danger so why fire?? Doesn't make sense and does make you wonder doesn't it.

The only thing I think of is that the pup was having a go at the man whilst he was holding it.

Even so its hard to imagine anyone being stupid enough to shoot the dog while someone was holding it. Better the guy holding it lost a finger or got a nasty bite than got killed by a bullet you would think!

The only thing I think of is that the pup was having a go at the man whilst he was holding it.

Even so its hard to imagine anyone being stupid enough to shoot the dog while someone was holding it. Better the guy holding it lost a finger or got a nasty bite than got killed by a bullet you would think!

I was suggesting what might have happened. I didn't say it was a sensible thing to do, did I.

Robert Walker Sr., a 53-year-old retired engineer, threw a brick at the dog while his wife rushed their grandchildren into the house. She returned outside with a .38-caliber revolver, finding her husband holding the barking puppy with both hands.

The dog did not bite anyone as far as the all the reports say so far, I really think It was an over reaction because of breed unfortunately

"The dead man's son said the children were taken inside and his father picked the dog up.

It was then that police say Betty Walker fired twice, hitting the dog once and her husband once in the chest."

:eek: he was holding it, I thought he was holding onto it!Incredibley over the top that some news articles are calling it a "bizarre shooting spree". 2 shots a spree?

What a sad sad story for all involved :(

Edited by Sezz

Every time I read this article it changes! This one says that it was neighbourhood kids and the woman came outside firing. It also says that the puppy didn't attack at all and that the puppy was just a victim. This article certainly explains the bizzarre shoooting spree description

http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-national/wife-accidentally-kills-husband-while-trying-to-shoot-puppy

This story just gets more bizzarre the more I read

Edited by Sezz

Bizarre and sad all round.

Maybe the dog came bounding up to the children (as puppies usually do), the lady has gone "Oh no look viscous pitbull" and run out shooting...

But in all honestly she should be charged, she shot a dog and killed her husband, accidental or not it was dangerous and she unloaded a weapon into a group of people, that deserves at least a slap on the wrist.

Hope the dog is ok and they don't put her down because one seemingly crazy women thought it was "attacking" when in all truth she was probably playing.

I was suggesting what might have happened. I didn't say it was a sensible thing to do, did I.

No need to get narky.. I was commenting on the absolute stupidity of the wife

fools with guns, recipe for disaster.

+1

see http://www.naybesa.com/?p=3733 for additional info and pictures (and some atrocious spelling). Seems there's suggestion that Cocaine was well fenced and someone let him out, and some witnesses saw no attacks on children . . . cute looking pup.

Wow hands up everyone who is surprised.. poor dog :( .. i note she shot the dog in the leg (she wasnt trying to kill the DOG) and there were 4 shots fired

ETA I especially liked the bit where the victims son heard his mother screaming his dad had been shot... so he went and got HIS gun.. nope nothing odd here, just your average American family

Edited by indigirl