Dog Takes Bite Out Of Shark

RottnBullies

LINK

Two dogs, countless sharks, and one priceless bite. A dog bites shark YouTube video is making its rounds on the Internet. In the video, an Australian man films two dogs paddling their way through bright blue waters surrounded by shadowy figures.

As the Australian says, "you got two dogs swimming with the sharks, apparently they do it all the time."

The video brings out your worst fears - am I about to watch the next bloody video to debut on Discovery Shark Week?

Luckily, no. These dogs are equipped with their own set of teeth and go on the offensive for good measure, of course.

"He's giving him a bite! The dog is biting the shark," the cameraman screams.

"The dog is under the water with the shark, what the hell!? That is unbelievable. I've seen it all now. I just got that on film. Can you believe that?"

Some on the web are taking offense to letting man's best friends even enter the water in the first place. The dogs don't appear to be the camera man's own pets, but that hasn't put a stop to some outraged YouTube commentators.

"Try that to a great white poochy," said TEHTYMEKITTEH1.

Others didn't find it so funny.

"What a pathetic act of cruelty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!you need help seriously you so you can get a few hits on you tube .................its a shame you couldnt put yourself in the position of the dogs," said evilsouls13.

ETA: (Watch sunrise thursday morning 21st July for the full story, cheers Russ) http://westaustralianfisherman.blogspot.com/

Edited by RottnBullies

I saw this on the news - everyone seems to think its funny - even the newsreader laughed :confused: I don't get it? Why on earth would you let your dogs swim with sharks? And not just one shark at that, but several!

As odd as this may sound, looking at the video, I am surprised that people are judging?? It is very obvious that the two dogs do this daily and have probably done as such since pups. How we, watching a short video can judge without knowing the dogs backgrounds is beyond me? The dogs appear to be very confident. Is there a possiblity of danger for the dog, sure, if the right shark got them, but just swimming in what looks like tropical waters is filled with dangers more than just sharks. The stingers up north in Summer will kill you. let alone a shark.

But, back to the video, the dogs were rounding up the sharks, herding them into shore and then having a crack at them. To me that is very practiced behaviour. It looked very much like the sharks were the prey in this case!!! :laugh:

The dogs were having a ball and looking at them, they were not young dogs! Suggests that this might be a regular occurence for them!!

Would I let my dogs swim with sharks....hell no....but they certainly havn't grown up with them! ;)

I'm certainly not judging IMO the dogs have a natural prey drive/ and or love of swimming and chasing, Really what is a shark to a dog? Just a big fish to chase or try to catch.

People knowing the danger sharks can pose and not being concerned is another thing.

The dogs most likely belong to the local indigenous community. I would Imagine that they're used to this and have been used as hunting dogs for most of their lives, they certainly looked like It was a normal occurrence for them and they knew what they were doing.

I certainly won't judge them either just as I wouldn't judge boar hunting dogs

Saw this dogs with the shark thing on the news the other night, Bloody idiot owners :mad . What are they thinking !!! & they seemed to find this funny. :doh: The dogs don't know the dangers they are facing.

Like there is going to be a nice ending to this behaviour. :banghead:

Edited by BC Crazy

hey, I agree with all the comments but , why, why, why was there a speared dugong on the beach? Surely they are protected! the whole video makes me feel ikky, idiot people, dogs and sharks both capable of hurting each other and a beautiful endangered species dead, about to become dinner

There was an article that interviewed the filmer but I can't find it now, the dogs didn't belong to anyone. They were part of a local Aboriginal community. That's the same reason why the Dugong was also speared on the beach, it was a legal hunt by the Aboriginals.

:thumbsup: RottnBullies

LINK

Two dogs, countless sharks, and one priceless bite. A dog bites shark YouTube video is making its rounds on the Internet. In the video, an Australian man films two dogs paddling their way through bright blue waters surrounded by shadowy figures.

As the Australian says, "you got two dogs swimming with the sharks, apparently they do it all the time."

The LINK doesn't work for me and my internet connection is so slow I probably wouldn't follow if it did.

But if this shows sharks effectively headed off by canine defense/attack, I'd say, great thing. Hope someone follows up on it and figures out a way to present sharks with a set of teeth, perhaps fake and exaggerated, that will protect swimmers and surfers and do no harm to the sharks. Sounds like the dogs know what they are doing . . . . if they're camp dogs, I'd guess the sharks are the least of their worries.

Edited by sandgrubber