Sketches Of My Dogs

Frodo's mum

Kittikat ( from the frenchie thread) has done these gorgeous sketches of my dogs :thumbsup:

I am so pleased with them, it is a shame so much detail gets lost uploading them

anyone interested in getting one done could PM Kitkatt

Charm

Charma.jpg

Jolie

jolie4.jpg

Edited by Frodo's mum

thanks for all the great comments...I'm so pleased with them :thumbsup:

she also does the most amazing cartoons of her and her to frenchie boys

I must tell her to start a thread and post them :)

Edited by Frodo's mum

Wow wow wow! this is the style I absolutely love! I much prefer this to the photographic style of drawing where every hair is depicted, I want a drawing/painting to look like just that. To capture the essence without every single minute detail included. Kitkat you're a real artist.

I love Frodo and his bucket and Charm on the toned paper. Are these charcoal and pastel?

I'm a great fan of Cecil Aldin so my greatest compliment to you is to say these remind me of his work. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kirislin

Wow wow wow! this is the style I absolutely love! I much prefer this to the photographic style of drawing where every hair is depicted, I want a drawing/painting to look like just that. To capture the essence without every single minute detail included. Kitkat you're a real artist.

I love Frodo and his bucket and Charm on the toned paper. Are these charcoal and pastel?

I'm a great fan of Cecil Aldin so my greatest compliment to you is to say these remind me of his work. :thumbsup:

Thank you Kirislin- you have embrassed me ...I too prefer the sketchy look and always aim to capture the essence of the subject not every detail.

I like the veiwer to fill in the rest . The medium I have been using is a mixture of graphite/soft pastels

Aiming to move into colour once I feel more confident but no rush there

Guess I can share my latest which I will be sending off today ...had to do a human which I haven't drawn in years....

It is a tribute to 'Zero'

ZeroJasmyne3.jpg

next on the list is a Dally :eek: from squishie faces to pointies

Once again ,thank you all !