How Much Grooming?

Jumabaar

According to Abby, my Australian Kelpie, she requires at LEAST half an hour grooming, with a high quality Chris Christensen Fusion Pin Brush, as well as a thorough comb through with the appropriate fine tooth greyhound comb, completed with a buff from a lambswool (not sheep wool according to Abby) mit- Daily, hourly if she could find an appropriate employee to do so :D She has also asked for a boar bristle brush after I accidentally let her see and try one at a show recently :rofl: She nearly packed up her bags and left with the store holder!!

Franky the 5mth old Kelpie. Agrees and will gladly role on her back, eyes rolling in her head while she gets brushed!

The Finnish Lapphund, Demi, who I bought the grooming equipment for and was who I intended to brush today has disappeared-probably under the bed. She would like to announce that Finnish Lapphunds look best al la natural and require a quick brush monthly and thats it (with a big fuzzy exclamation mark) :p

So how much grooming do your dogs ask for?

ETA- I also regularly have Kelpies jumping up on the grooming table when I am drying the Lappie just so they can enjoy the feeling of the dryer. Funny little monsta's that they are :)

Edited by ~Woofen~

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I feel your pain - my wolfie x - Keely also demands grooming everyday all day if possible but my very heavy coated Lappie - Jaana tells me that she is not a girly dog and is more than happy to look after her coat herself especially with the added help of any very dead thing she can roll in !

When Kyojin sees me grab his brush he immediately goes psychotic and does crazy laps around the yard for about 5 minutes until he's exhausted and then I can usually brush him for up to an hour provided I kiss him lots and tell him how handsome he is.

Onslow loves it, his whole body wriggles. I swear that he also goes and stands out in the rain so that when he comes in he knows that he is going to get a towel rub, loves them too :)

<The Finnish Lapphund, Demi, who I bought the grooming equipment for and was who I intended to brush today has disappeared-probably under the bed. She would like to announce that Finnish Lapphunds look best al la natural and require a quick brush monthly and thats it (with a big fuzzy exclamation mark)>

Vienna is in complete agreement with her fellow Lappie! :laugh: Lacey just has to see me with a brush and she pushes anything and everybody out of the way to get to me. She would like someone to groom her way more than she gets! Jersey and Ingrid quite enjoy a nice brush but don't knock anyone over to get to me with it and Bree really can't see the point. She does like to be around when I'm brushing the others on the table though in case hair goes flying :laugh:

James wants it to be known that Labradors require no grooming :thumbsup:

When he needs a brush I end up chasing him around outside until he's cornered. Upon which he sits down looking dismayed. Brushing him is not the funnest of tasks :o

According to Abby, my Australian Kelpie, she requires at LEAST half an hour grooming, with a high quality Chris Christensen Fusion Pin Brush, as well as a thorough comb through with the appropriate fine tooth greyhound comb, completed with a buff from a lambswool (not sheep wool according to Abby) mit- Daily, hourly if she could find an appropriate employee to do so :D She has also asked for a boar bristle brush after I accidentally let her see and try one at a show recently :rofl: She nearly packed up her bags and left with the store holder!!

Franky the 5mth old Kelpie. Agrees and will gladly role on her back, eyes rolling in her head while she gets brushed!

The Finnish Lapphund, Demi, who I bought the grooming equipment for and was who I intended to brush today has disappeared-probably under the bed. She would like to announce that Finnish Lapphunds look best al la natural and require a quick brush monthly and thats it (with a big fuzzy exclamation mark) :p

So how much grooming do your dogs ask for?

ETA- I also regularly have Kelpies jumping up on the grooming table when I am drying the Lappie just so they can enjoy the feeling of the dryer. Funny little monsta's that they are :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My double coated girl agrees with your Lappy - although - she does love to be brushed on her front with the plain boar-bristle brush. (She runs away when the pin brush comes out)

edited cos i cant spell and the emoticon didn't work properly...

Edited by jr_inoz

My dogs all love it, in fact Dusty thinks she should be on the grooming table with every other dog and get brushed again and again. When I first got Shae, I wasn't sure how she'd be as I hadn't been told what she was like to groom, plus her coat had been clipped off.

The first time brushed her she was in heaven, she rolled this way and that way and on her back and on her tummy, and stretched out and moaned with delights when I pin-brushed her sides.

Then when I was done, she sat up and offered me each paw in turn so I could give her a manicure! LOL! Now that's a first.....the other dogs HATE having their nails done.

My dogs all love it, in fact Dusty thinks she should be on the grooming table with every other dog and get brushed again and again. When I first got Shae, I wasn't sure how she'd be as I hadn't been told what she was like to groom, plus her coat had been clipped off.

The first time brushed her she was in heaven, she rolled this way and that way and on her back and on her tummy, and stretched out and moaned with delights when I pin-brushed her sides.

Then when I was done, she sat up and offered me each paw in turn so I could give her a manicure! LOL! Now that's a first.....the other dogs HATE having their nails done.

Bwahaha!! :rofl:

Maybe she is a former beauty queen, reincarnated as an Aussie?

Bwahaha!! :rofl:

Maybe she is a former beauty queen, reincarnated as an Aussie?

Well, she's got the bitch attitude to go with it, so she might very well have been.

Honey LOVES a good massage & defluff with the zoom groom (I know, not a usual grooming tool for a Goldie, but whateva. :laugh: ). She will stand for ages while I use it. She adores being towel dried too.

But the pin brush? It must be wrestled with & will only be tolerated whilst on her back, wriggling.

Nails are just as much of a pain. Workin on that. ;)

I love all the different personalities!! I still have not got round to brushing Demi!! Meanwhile Abby keeps going back to the grooming table and looking at me expectantly.

Dee lee Abby used to hate the pin brush, until I got Demi her fancy one lol.

The Kelpies like being dried but mention RAIN or BATH :eek: and you can empty a room in microseconds :rofl:

Molly the GSD isn't particularly fond of being brushed so instead of a thorough session - she gets a couple minutes a day much to her disgust! She sheds all year round but when she blows her coat :eek: how much hair can come from one dog!

I only have to say the word 'dog show' and all three of my dogs run to the garage spinning in circles wanting to be the first on the table.

Archer will jump on any table we walk past thinking he is going to get groomed :rofl:

Know the feeling. We have one bitch here that jumps onto a kennel then into the hydrobath everytime I walk past it. And that could be ten or twenty times a day. But she still keeps jumping in anyway.