Dog Jumps Fence To Attack Another

Rozzie

My daughter has a small, elderly terrier cross. Her next door neighbours have a Husky. The Husky jumped the dividing fence (5' paling) and attacked little Sarge.:( Luckily daughter was home or it could have been much worse. The neighbours have chained the Husky, they 'don't know what to do with him'. He has previously jumped into the other adjoining yard and killed the Maltese there.

Hopefully, daughter has now rung ACO by now.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope your daughters little dog is OK. We had issues here with out of control huskies a few years ago - good luck with council ours was totally useless as they were only out to jump fences and attack other dogs outside council hours and surprise, surprise there were no huskies registered in our area.

Very sad, I hope she makes a report about the attack.

I would not be leaving the dog out by itself incase the Husky does this again.

I know what the owner of the Husky should be doing with the dog because this is twice now it has attacked with one being a fatality ......... :mad

Some people should not own dogs, ever!!! :mad:mad:mad

Well they have to make the property more secure so the dog can't get out.

5' fences simply aren't good enough.

Expensive but I'm currently looking at properties and "fixing" fencing is an expense I just have to include.

Well they have to make the property more secure so the dog can't get out.

5' fences simply aren't good enough.

Expensive but I'm currently looking at properties and "fixing" fencing is an expense I just have to include.

I agree. 5ft fencing is not good enough, esp for a husky. :eek:

Glad your daughter's dog is ok Rozzie, poor little bugger - I imagine it gave her a good fright.

My daughter has a small, elderly terrier cross. Her next door neighbours have a Husky. The Husky jumped the dividing fence (5' paling) and attacked little Sarge.:( Luckily daughter was home or it could have been much worse. The neighbours have chained the Husky, they 'don't know what to do with him'. He has previously jumped into the other adjoining yard and killed the Maltese there.

Hopefully, daughter has now rung ACO by now.

What's ACO Rozzie? This makes me really angry. "Not knowing what to do" is just pathetic. How much brain do you need to call an expert?? Well, they did chain the husky for now but it is terrible. I cannot imagine how I would feel if a neighbour's dog killed mine. It has to stop. They need to give the dog to a Husky Rescue group if one exists... Surely, they just can't handle the dog and it will end up being put down rather than possibly being rehabilitated at this point :(

I feel sorry for the Husky. It seems to get no interaction and it howls all night some nights.

ACO = animal control officer

Rozzie I'm glad little Sarge is OK.

I'll hazard a guess that the owners don't exercise their Husky much/ if at all either. No life for a husky. :(

Disgusting and irresponsible. People know what the dog is capable of and don't do anything to fix the issue.

A few months ago there was a large article in our local newspaper. People's dogs and cats had been killed in their backyards over a few months in a particular suburb. Noone knew who/how it was happening and then one night someone caught 2 huskies in the act. Both dogs were either being let out or getting out and slaughtering people's pets. They were both euthanased but the distress caused to people and the awful deaths of their pets is inexcusable.

Major fines need to be applied in these cases, the law isn't strong enough.

If he's killed another dog then he is a dangerous dog regardless of whether he has the offical title - he should in a containment area such as a dog run with a roof.

Agree with MEH .. However current owner seems unable to meet dogs needs , or control the situation . Surely in the dogs best intreats to re home to an experienced husky owner .

Can't understand how the owner has allowed this , in first instance . And thinks the answer is chaining a dog that requires a lot of excercise :confused:

I feel sorry for the Husky. It seems to get no interaction and it howls all night some nights.

ACO = animal control officer

I thought as much. Re. the husky - probably left alone in a backyard. :(

Some people make me so :mad

Guest lavendergirl

Well my sympathies are with the little maltese that was killed and the little terrier attacked. What action was taken after the first dog was killed? Was it reported to council and if so what action did they take?