Dog Jumps Fence To Attack Another

Rozzie

OMG so sorry to hear this story, RIP Sarge.

I have had a recent problem of Large black Male dog jumping into my yard, I have 2 small terriers

rang the council, they will not come out unless I have caught the dog myself!!! or if I know who owns it they will contact them.. I live in a rural area, fully fenced yards it jumps 2 gates to get into house yard..luckily my neighbours were home and sat in my yard for 1/2 a day while I was at work keeping this dog away and keeping my dogs safe.. I did approach the dog to try and catch it like council wanted me to but the body language of dog told me not to grab it.. it looks well cared for collar and tick collar but no council rego id or ph no on it, live in small community, work in local newsagent and asked everyone I know in area if they knew who's dog it was without success.. luckily it has not showed up again? but my fear of what will happen if it does.. have increased height of gates but so angry at attitude of council..

If you live in a rural area you can legally shoot the dog. Just make sure someone that is a good shot gets to do it.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's tragic news sorry to hear that, but may I ask why was poor little Sarge not supervised in the back yard knowing the dog next door can jump the fence and Sarge was vulnerable to further incident?

That's tragic news sorry to hear that, but may I ask why was poor little Sarge not supervised in the back yard knowing the dog next door can jump the fence and Sarge was vulnerable to further incident?

how do you know he was not?

So sorry to see this terrible update, poor Sarge. Hugs to you and your daughter. I hope something is done about the Husky now,surely the ACO and Council cannot continue to ignore it.

RIP Sarge.

how do you know he was not?

I assumed he wasn't supervised given that his life was taken, if he was supervised at the time,the mission was sadly unsucessful I guess??.

Terrible for a lil old man like sarge sorry to hear this :mad .... Husky dog needs to be removed from owners .. and as much as it pains me to say it probably best pts ... he has accomplished killing twice now - whats next ???

RIP Sarge ... feel for you and your daughter Rozzie

Oh :cry: Rest In Peace little Sarge, what a gorgous little man you were.

I am so sorry Rozzie.

This dog should not be rehomed, the dog needs to be pts. Not once, but twice killing two family pets. It is clear the owners are incapable of being responsible dog owners and neighbours.

Call your council rangers and the police, have the dog removed. Do they have any other dogs? If so, do they pose a threat at all?

Don't know if the OP is still onboard, but it would be good to suggest Husky Rescue to the neighbor. Lots of people fall in love with the image of a husky and are totally unable to cope with the realities of owning one. Sounds like the neighbor's dog is as much a victim as a perpetrator. The best solution would be to get him to a home that understands huskies (the breed and deed often go together . . . though not always and the right owner can make a lot of difference). If no such home is available, PTS may be the best option.

Poor Sarge, I imagine that even if he was supervised, the dog may have just jumped the fence again and grabbed him, he had already been attacked - seconds may have been all it took.

The husky is a dangerous risk. What if there was a child in the backyard? How dare a dog be allowed to go into other peoples yards not once but TWICE and kill other animals. Its dangerous. Its a menace. The irresponsible owners should be banned from owning dogs and have the Husky PTS - So what if it can be "Rehabed" you would never be able to trust that dog again 100% its not safe or responsible to re-home it unless you could know it was going to be housed as a dangerous dog - which is no life for a husky. It should be PTS for its own good.

Horible situation for all involved - caused by what? Arrogance? Lazyness? Sheer bloody stupidity? :mad:cry:

(Edited to add - Thought the husky was supposed to be on a chain? Perhaps that's why it was thought to be safe to let Sarge out? - Personally i believe its a disgrace that someone has to supervise their dog in their own back yard to make sure its not attacked by another dog! )

Edited by Maxiewolf

I'm livid :mad and very sad :cry: Now it has to stop! Police should be called, council and rspca, all! The owners should go to court for this.

Report has been made to both the council and the police. Daughter was hearing from them both today.

Huge assumption there. her housemate was in the yard with Sarge when this happened.

Rozzie do you know whether this time the owners have been reported and the dog impounded? Can you give us an update. I really hope the owners are made accountable for this horror. :(

Daughter said dog was missing from yard when she got home Saturday, after taking her girls to ballet. Hope to find out more when she rings tonight.

Don't know if the OP is still onboard, but it would be good to suggest Husky Rescue to the neighbor. Lots of people fall in love with the image of a husky and are totally unable to cope with the realities of owning one. Sounds like the neighbor's dog is as much a victim as a perpetrator. The best solution would be to get him to a home that understands huskies (the breed and deed often go together . . . though not always and the right owner can make a lot of difference). If no such home is available, PTS may be the best option.

No way in the world would I suggest the Husky needs rescuing. It needs PTS. Owners are dickheads and this dog has killed before.

My daughter is distraught and her kids are traumatised.

No way in the world would I suggest the Husky needs rescuing. It needs PTS. Owners are dickheads and this dog has killed before. <br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17.36111068725586px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247); ">My daughter is distraught and her kids are traumatised.

Rozzie - I totally agree.

Sending healing thoughts to your girl and her family ....

:kissbetter:

thanks for the update, I really hope the owners cop it big time, but I have to say I'm feeling pessimistic about much being done, whatever happens it wont take away the horrible, terrifying end that little Sarge endured or the trauma his family are now going through :mad