Dog Jumps Fence To Attack Another

Rozzie

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rozzie, I totally understand the trauma and it's an absolutely terrible situation that the owners of that dog are 100% responsible for poor Sarge's fatality. Perhaps Sarge could have been toileted in the front yard or in his own secure run although this shouldn't need to be the case, the situation highlights the gravity of living in close proximity to a dangerous dog what can happen, how fast it can happen and the fact that you can't take any chances in these situations in assumption of your dog's perceived saftey. I am not laying blame by any means towards your daughters supervision of Sarge as she probably went 10 yards to keep him safe, but with dog's like the one next door with the type of owners the dog had, sometimes you have to go 12 yards for effective safety in these circumstances??

give it up will you, your posts are offensive.

M-sass- this was a thread of grieving and support for a long term DOLer and her family .

If you really need to do a court martial- maybe start a nice new thread ?It could well be an instructive and useful thread ..but this is not the place for such discussion.

Does your daughter have the funds to take civil action against the owner? It won't bring Sarge back, but it might stop them from getting another dog (costs too much) and might make irresponsible owners think twice - ie an unsecured dog could land up costing them big $ so they might think twice before getting a dog/letting them roam.

A civil suit could cover the cost of Sarge, trauma etc.

Guest lavendergirl

"Council had issued a warning after the attack in August last year. The dog had been 'restrained' for quite a long time. The dog is apparently now at a property 'in the country'. Owner will be fined $550."

So these people just tell the Council the dog is "in the country" and that is good enough? I don't understand - they should be made to produce the dog and surrender it to Council. So wherever it is now it will be a threat to that community - unreal. :mad

M-sass has never shown any tact.

I'm sorry Rozzie. Please ignore him/her.

Yep, I already have them on ignore.

M-Sass is a troll who has been trolling DOL for a long time under many different user names.

I can't believe the owners got away with just a $550 fine :mad

Out of interest, it was 10 months ago the dog first jumped the fence and attacked Sarge........what's happened in the 10 months since that kept Sarge safe until now??.

what is the aim of your questions? You seem to be inferring that the owner of Sarge is to blame?

Personally, If a next door neigbours dog had jumped my fence and attacked my dog previously, unless the situation had been rectified as in improved fencing or a secure run erected etc, I wouldn't take my dog into an area where it could be vulnerable to a repeat attack.

You know what, there is a guy who feels like crap because the dog jumped the fence when he was watching Sarge have a toilet break. There are three kids traumatised beyond belief and my daughter who is inconsolable. Poor bloody Sarge had to toilet sometime, where would you have suggested if not his own yard? Do you know how long this attack took? No.

Council had issued a warning after the attack in August last year. The dog had been 'restrained' for quite a long time. The dog is apparently now at a property 'in the country'. Owner will be fined $550.

This is of no comfort to my daughter. They haven't even come and apologised to her. Her little boy thought the Pets at Peace man was going to make Sarge better.

Rozzie, I totally understand the trauma and it's an absolutely terrible situation that the owners of that dog are 100% responsible for poor Sarge's fatality. Perhaps Sarge could have been toileted in the front yard or in his own secure run although this shouldn't need to be the case, the situation highlights the gravity of living in close proximity to a dangerous dog what can happen, how fast it can happen and the fact that you can't take any chances in these situations in assumption of your dog's perceived saftey. I am not laying blame by any means towards your daughters supervision of Sarge as she probably went 10 yards to keep him safe, but with dog's like the one next door with the type of owners the dog had, sometimes you have to go 12 yards for effective safety in these circumstances??

You think you understand the trauma but the lack of empathy and your continued harping that the owners were at fault are unkind and just downright rude. The victim is not at fault.

Please, just pull your head in and GO AWAY.

M-Sass is a troll who has been trolling DOL for a long time under many different user names.

If you know this for certain - Troy would probably like to know about this

Rozzie, your previous post sent shivers down me as I read it, horrible for everyone concerned

I hate the fact that these neighbours are not taking responsibility for the situation and are now risking others with their reaction, I truly hope this doesnt happen again

Edited by Hollys mummy

Only $550?

I think your daughter might have grounds to sue the council on this, as they were aware of the problem but didn't take any action against the owners the first time. The dog should have been declared dangerous and the owners forced to build an enclosure.

The neighbours sound like complete scumbags. Not apologising and hiding the dog is really irresponsible.

I had come to that conclusion too Huski.

Rozzie, so sorry about little Sarge and his traumatised family. :(

I haven't been rude at all.........because I have a different outlook on the situation how does that makes me a troll??. The thread originally began where the dog (a known killer) jumped the fence and attack poor little Sarge, the thread is not in Rainbow Bridge which I understand as a place of support, sympathy and "tact". The point is regardless if anyone chooses to deny the facts or not, a known killer has done this deed before on Sarge, he was lucky the first time and the second attack was not random the way it see it, they knew of the dog's capabilities and potential danger where obviously what ever was done to ensure Sarge's future safety wasn't effective given that the dog did the same thing it did previously taking Sarge's life this time in what must have been a terrifying ordeal for poor little Sarge??.

It it isn't the owners fault "legally" and a dog should be safe in it's own yard I agree, but when you have a strong jumper, a known killer that has tried the deed before on the same dog in the same circumstances if you don't take evasive action at a high enough level it's bound to happen again which it did is my opinion on the situation and I am sorry if people don't like my feelings on the matter. If this had been a "random" attack that hadn't occurred previously my thoughts would be totally different, but the fact is, Sarge's owners knew the capabilities of this dog and in my opinion, there was more that could have been done to ensure his safety........perhaps we can all learn from this??

I haven't been rude at all.........because I have a different outlook on the situation how does that makes me a troll??. The thread originally began where the dog (a known killer) jumped the fence and attack poor little Sarge, the thread is not in Rainbow Bridge which I understand as a place of support, sympathy and "tact". The point is regardless if anyone chooses to deny the facts or not, a known killer has done this deed before on Sarge, he was lucky the first time and the second attack was not random the way it see it, they knew of the dog's capabilities and potential danger where obviously what ever was done to ensure Sarge's future safety wasn't effective given that the dog did the same thing it did previously taking Sarge's life this time in what must have been a terrifying ordeal for poor little Sarge??.

It it isn't the owners fault "legally" and a dog should be safe in it's own yard I agree, but when you have a strong jumper, a known killer that has tried the deed before on the same dog in the same circumstances if you don't take evasive action at a high enough level it's bound to happen again which it did is my opinion on the situation and I am sorry if people don't like my feelings on the matter. If this had been a "random" attack that hadn't occurred previously my thoughts would be totally different, but the fact is, Sarge's owners knew the capabilities of this dog and in my opinion, there was more that could have been done to ensure his safety........perhaps we can all learn from this??

Your rudeness is in posting your views at all. Perhaps you could learn some tact and empathy. A dog the OP knew was killed. You have shown no sympathy or compassion. You have questioned the OP in the most thoughtless way possible. You have blamed the owners for not keeping the dog safe. That's trolling.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. In this case discretion really is the better part of valour.

I am sorry if people don't like my feelings on the matter.

People (including the OP) have stated they don't. Re-stating your feelings seems very unnecessary at this point.

--

Thoughts are with your family Rozzie.