What Is Your Favourite Time Of Day With Your Dog/s?

Little Gifts

I used to think my fave time of day was coming home after a long day at work and being so excited and energised at the greeting from our dogs. How could it not be wonderful to be so missed?

But this morning we didn't have to get up at any particular time so there was no alarm to wake me. My lovely SBT Stussy has developed a new wake up technique for when she has decided it is time to get up. She sits on my chest, scratching at the blankets, licking my face crazily and barking in between licks. In response I tell her a sleepy 'no', flip on to my side and pull the blankets over my head. So then she digs under the doona and squirms around under there until all the warm blankies are wrapped around her instead. I give in then so she lets me pull the blankets back over both of us and she gets her morning massage in bed, with us both under the covers. The massage always finishes with her on her back and me blowing raspberries on her belly (I know...).

I realised this morning that this has become my favourite time with her because it is just the two of us all warm and comfy. We are kind of starting our day off slowly with a tactile connection and she can obviously tell I have had enough sleep because the time is never the same (today it was 10am) and I do get out of bed feeling refreshed and ready to go afterwards. I am not much of a morning person so if I really needed my sleep and she tried this I can imagine my response would be on the very grumpy side but it always turns in to a soft kind of game between us. She never does this during the work week - if she wanted to get up earlier than me to toilet then she'd scratch at the bedroom door. She does get a massage every morning on the bed but usually she is outside the covers with her standing up, so these late morning sillies are always instigated by her and only when she feels like it. I'm not sure which one of us enjoys it more, although I'm pretty sure the raspberries are for me!

My favourite time of the day is after dinner at night when my five all curl up on their beds in my family room and start snoring.

I said to my hubby the other night, this is my idea of heaven to be surrounded by happy contented dogs.

Bedtime. When I first invite Dory up, she snuggled up close and gives a quick lick and I give her head a rub and kiss on the nose followed by tummy rub. But the best bit is when she snuggles up against the small of my back and I can feel her body heat soothing my usually very sore back. Helps ease my back no end and is a very comforting feeling too.

At night time when all quiet and dozy around the fire. They take turns in 'asking' to come sit on us and then start their individual games when we pretend not to hear them.They are too much for me but my husband gives in every night!!

I love threads like this, it shows just how much we love our dogs. I have lots of favorite times of the day with mine.

Morning sleep ins, I am lucky most days I don't have to get up for work early and the dogs and I sleep in.

Our walks time, love seeing them run off leash just enjoying their times out and about.

Doggy play dates, funny to,watch them interacting with their fur friends.

The bed time routine is another favorite time, they all congregate on the bed with me for cuddles and then when OH comes to bed he brings a small treat and they all disperse to thier sleeping areas.

I love grooming time as it really is good to have that one on one time as well.

I could go on, I just love anytime with them. As I'm Typing this the boys have gone to their beds on the floor, one in his crate, the other quietly snoring on his floor bed. The girls on the bed, Lacy cuddling with me and Tullys cuddling with the OH gazing into his eyes like a love sick puppy. :laugh:

I love the wiggly bum greeting I get when I get home.

I love walk time- especially when it is early in the morning "just us" time (mostly with my boy Wolf now, as Bondi gets too sore after walks these days :( which is sad, because my favourite time (and pretty sure her fave) was her evening offlead romp at the park when I got home from work)

I LOVE sleep-ins, with my snoring boxers :heart:

I love being out in the dark and cold, in the middle of no where with the sibes, with a headlight for light, and them pulling me on a scooter- just me and them doing what they were bred for.

I love being stopped in the street and having people tell me how lovely my dogs are- I love being a proud "mum" :thumbsup:

I love every part of every day with my boys, but early mornings are special when we have our morning cuddles and bonding session! Then when I get up I do my stretch sessions and the boys both stretch out on the bed watching me (and probably laugh at me!)

I also love the tail wags and happy dances I get when I get back from work/shopping/fetching the mail/putting the bins out....

I just love my boys to bits!

Annie

Probably bath time. We take him to the hydrobath and wash him ourselves and we always end up with admirers at the fence giggling at him. I love giving him a good scrub and kissing his squishy face. When we go him to finish drying him off he's a bit unsettled with the force dryer but once that's turned off and it's just the brush he normally collapses into my lap for a good cuddle and massage.

Or I love our late night spooning on the floor in the lounge with him rolling around on his back, limbs going everywhere and being showered with kisses :D

After dinner when she is curled up happily with a full tummy snoring her head off, and on Tuesday mornings when she waits at the front door for Erika the cleaning lady ready to cover her with kisses, and her sheer excitement when we go to sheepdog school and for two hours en route I can hear her tail thumping against the back of her seat.

Cute thread!

My faves have to be:

• Mornings.. when he abandons his bed for ours just to cuddle up with us and catch a few more zzz's
  • Off-lead walks. Seeing him do his thing is a joy
  • On picking him up from friends or family after going away on holiday...because they usually say "No you can't have him back". I love it that they fall in love with him too
  • I love the experience of him him learning when we do clicker training. Clicker training has given us a greater level of communication and understanding.
  • When he plays soccer with his Staffy Ball. He makes excited yips, barks and growls that he never uses doing anything else.
  • Right now..he's sprawled out next to the window soaking up the rays of sun streaming through. He has a unique contented look on his face when he's in the sun. So cute!

Hmmm...its hard to pick I dome when I don't adore him ...lol

Cute thread!

My faves have to be:

• Mornings.. when he abandons his bed for ours just to cuddle up with us and catch a few more zzz's
  • Off-lead walks whenever they occur. Seeing him do his thing is a joy
  • On picking him up from friends or family after going away on holiday...because they usually say "No you can't have him back". I love it that they fall in love with him too
  • I love the experience of him learning through clicker training. Clicker training has given us a greater level of communication and understanding.
  • When he plays soccer with his Staffy Ball in the evening. He makes excited yips, barks and growls that he never uses doing anything else.
  • Right now..lazy weekend days when he's sprawled out next to the window soaking up the rays of sun streaming through. He has a unique contented look on his face when he's in the sun. So cute!

Hmmm...I think the only time that isn't my favorite is when we have to be apart lol

Edited by Polgara's Shadow

Bed time would have to be my favourite. Orbit waits for me to get into bed then comes up under the covers and snuggles into me.

Couch time is pretty lovely now too cause he's started wanting to lay with his head on my lap.

Click training time is pretty fun too - he seems to want to understand so bad and tries his little heart out. We have a lot of laughs learning new things.

First thing in the morning when he is still so happy to see me and he wants to go for a walk...

At 14 years old, it takes us about half an hour to 45 minutes to walk, what would once have only taken about 10-15 minutes... He stops at lot and sniffs everything...

Night time when he gets cold, he comes in and wants up on the bed - he still sleeps on the end of the bed facing the door and he has his blanket over him..

I think he is even more precious now as an old dog than he was when he was younger...

I am sad for him in one way as being an old dog, the kids no longer stop and want to pat him and you can just see the look on his face when kids are coming in his direction - all he wants is for them to stop...

My favourite time of the day is after dinner at night when my five all curl up on their beds in my family room and start snoring.

I said to my hubby the other night, this is my idea of heaven to be surrounded by happy contented dogs.

My idea of heaven too :thumbsup: My favourite time is just before breakfast. They go nuts which we call a production.

I love how they both sit perfectly before their full bowls are put down in front of them :)

But I guess it is their companionship which I adore.

I love how they follow me around, room to room & sometimes a wet little nose on the back of my leg or a paw on the back of my thong :D

Probably bath time. We take him to the hydrobath and wash him ourselves and we always end up with admirers at the fence giggling at him. I love giving him a good scrub and kissing his squishy face. When we go him to finish drying him off he's a bit unsettled with the force dryer but once that's turned off and it's just the brush he normally collapses into my lap for a good cuddle and massage.

Or I love our late night spooning on the floor in the lounge with him rolling around on his back, limbs going everywhere and being showered with kisses :D

I can see why people come watch, he's gorgeous!