What's This Pup?

3shepherds

thanks - unfortunately only got the one photo :(

I thought BC or maybe Aussie. We've now checked out the Aussie site and this pup looks sooo like them - even down to the blue eyes. I think they're about 10 weeks, but they could be a week or two either side?? One M one F.

They are now on 160 acres in Murrumbateman, so they'll be able run to their hearts content :)

There's an adult that looks like this pup in the Glenfield Shelter thread in urgent rescues, impound 196 I think.

Considering pup seems to have a country background, I would be very hesitant to suggest Aussie Shep. A mix of BC and/or Kelpie, ACD and usually Koolie if blue eyes are present being much more common in southern NSW.

There's an adult that looks like this pup in the Glenfield Shelter thread in urgent rescues, impound 196 I think.

Considering pup seems to have a country background, I would be very hesitant to suggest Aussie Shep. A mix of BC and/or Kelpie, ACD and usually Koolie if blue eyes are present being much more common in southern NSW.

Why Koolie. Plenty of BCs have blue eyes ?

It's kind of hard to see on my iPhone but it doesn't look fluffy enough to be an Aussie, and despite them being quite a well represented breed on DOL, they are still comparatively rare in the general public.

Extremely cute bubba though. I'd love too see how he grows up.

Just read the opening post again. If the other pup is a littermate to this one, and is dark brown and white with no tan, they aren't Australian Shepherds. One parent would have to be a red bi colour for that to happen and they are so rare in Australia that any offspring would be treasured and special, and def not in rescue.