What To Do When A Puppy Goes Crazy?

GrumpySmurf

Kahlua is progressing well with his training including 5 minutes stay with "TOT". But being a puppy once or twice a day (usually early morning or late afternoon, he will go on a crazy rampage, running like mad and jumping.

What would you do about this?

- Totally ignore it?

- Reprimand him?

- Play / encourage it as it is harmless and damn cute?? :rofl:

He's a young healthy animal... he is entitled.. rather he NEEDS to have periods where he can run and enjoy life ..to stretch those muscles, and get an endorphin rush :). It is, IMO essential- part of growing up ....

BTW the very technical term for that behaviour..is ZOOMIES

Both of mine do Zoomies at least twice a day. Flat stick,as fast as they can go. I love to watch them. I'd be worried something was wrong with them if they

didn't as it is very much part of their daily routine. I can almost set the clock on when the little one will do it :laugh: after being hosed off after coming

home from the beach. Just before dinner in the arvo. Sometimes when I first let her out in the morning. she even throws in a few summersalts in for good measure :laugh:

Just letting off steam I think. I cringe sometimes as I don't think they are going to stop in time & run into the fence but they do.

Edited by BC Crazy

Both of mine do Zoomies at least twice a day. Flat stick,as fast as they can go. I love to watch them. I'd be worried something was wrong with them if they

didn't as it is very much part of their daily routine. I can almost set the clock on when the little one will do it :laugh: after being hosed off after coming

home from the beach. Just before dinner in the arvo. Sometimes when I first let her out in the morning. she even throws in a few summersalts in for good measure :laugh:

Just letting off steam I think. I cringe sometimes as I don't think they are going to stop in time & run into the fence but they do.

Haha there must be something in the water here, my two go nuts after their time at the beach too !

:crazy: