Litters Due In December 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Yeah she is a different type - she is related to Hagen the sire of Marie's puppies, hence why she was brought out. Her coat is killing me too :laugh: but nothing surer than that it will all fall out given that she is leaving an Irish Winter (well almost) for an Australia Summer! ETA as for her coat she was always a lighter pup than her sisters, definitely a fawn. Apparently she is very naughty!

Well, it isn't so cold over here, not into winter weather yet, just nice autumn style days, so hopefully not to much of a temperature shock!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week's update....

14 November's pic

14November002.jpg

21 November's pic

21November004-1.jpg

Today's pic

28November005.jpg

Not real sure what her actual due date is as she had a natural tie on the Thursday and a fresh AI on both the Sunday & Monday but we're going off the last AI date giving her approx 2 weeks to go.

Well considering I can't sleep I figured I'd do some updating.

Looks like I posted in the wrong thread - Kesari had 11 pups Tuesday 28/11 :) In 6 hours, Not bad for a maiden litter.

Good luck to you all for December's babies x

Well done Kesari! Congratulations to you both. :)

Well considering I can't sleep I figured I'd do some updating.

Looks like I posted in the wrong thread - Kesari had 11 pups Tuesday 28/11 :) In 6 hours, Not bad for a maiden litter.

Good luck to you all for December's babies x

Wow fabulous - well done to Kesari :thumbsup:

Need pics :D

Congratulations Saffioraire!

So we've brought the whelping box inside and my plan is to have it in the bedroom at night and then in the loungeroom with me during the day (I work from home so can be a metre away at all times). Is it a problem to move it each morning out to the loungeroom and evening back to the bedroom? Also if it is stinking hot is it a problem to have a ceiling fan on in the loungeroom or are we best to have no fans at all (I've had European people tell me no fans at all but not sure if that is still relevant in an un-air-conditioned house during an Australia Summer).

I know of a breeder who has a fan on low in the room her pups/mum are in and they are short coats so i'd imagine yours would be OK, I know an un-air-conditioned house can get VERY hot during the middle of the day where I am. I have also heard that you can just put a wet towel down in the whelping box that they can move onto as well? I've only had a winter litter so far (NEVER EVER AGAIN!!) but am looking into what works for myself too because our next litter will be a summer one!

So we've brought the whelping box inside and my plan is to have it in the bedroom at night and then in the loungeroom with me during the day (I work from home so can be a metre away at all times). Is it a problem to move it each morning out to the loungeroom and evening back to the bedroom? Also if it is stinking hot is it a problem to have a ceiling fan on in the loungeroom or are we best to have no fans at all (I've had European people tell me no fans at all but not sure if that is still relevant in an un-air-conditioned house during an Australia Summer).

I know for my girls they dont like to be moved from place to place

and they may even try and take pups back to the original spot others may have bitches that have no issues with it

Definitely need a fan or something to cool them for an Aussie summer

Thanks Monteba. Hopefully she will cope with being moved as it gets too hot in our bedroom during the day for her to stay there. I'm thinking more of making sure the cats are locked away from her and the pups for a while or am I being ridiculously paranoid? I just have visions of her getting cranky because they'll be so curious (they're all very good friends) and wanted to make sure that she could be locked away from them overnight and I could supervise them during the day..... Worst comes to worst I suppose I could put a giant C-Crate over the whelping box to keep the cats out?????

we all have different ideas Trish and no one is right and no one is wrong. Fern has had a summer litter and a winter litter, both in the loungeroom, cats came and went as they pleased, other dogs were restricted for a couple of days, Miller for a bit longer, maybe 5 or 6. The summer litter I had the air con full bore and a fan blowing across the top of the box and frozen bottles of water for the pups to sleep on.

True, you know your own dogs best and how they interact.

what about having the whelping box out where you want it during the day and putting a camp bed next to it ? that way its not being moved back & foward, and you can control the heat better.

fifi